NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I have talked to them, and they feel that they have much auto experience and feel comfortable authenticating in-house, much like Lelands. I'm sure with a Ruth or such they'd go to one of the biggies.

Ken
Then why do they list all those TPA"s if they don not use them?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM

I would imagine the items were consigned that way and/or, perhaps, the get a letter for special items. I know that they used to have auction letter TPAs for all their items, but quit doing that a couple of years back. Lelands sometimes has TPA letters, but I assume the letters came from the consignors.

I'm not a company spokesman, consignor or even active bidder, I've just been aware of them since it was MGA.

Last edited by drc; 12-17-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

"We honor the 30 Minute Rule that is in effect at 9PM EST the night of the auction. Registered bidders can bid on any lot throughout the entire auction duration. Bids do not have to be placed prior to the 9 PM EST pre-close."

Explains why you won't see much bidding activity until the last day. No need to "get your foot in the door" with an early bid if there are already a couple of bids on the lot.

I have bought from them before and never had any problems. If I remember correctly, their signed items do come with their own in-house LOA, which basically re-states the auction description, with the auction photo and a "we believe these to be authentic" kind of statement.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-17-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Wayne Walker

The company was selling a number of replica auto baseballs a while back, which some of us didn't like. They use a number of authenticators, and I feel like most of the items I have considered in their auctions have had letters from the more well known alphabets.

Like anywhere,you need to carefully consider an individual item that you are interested in, but I don't think the house is trying to rip anybody off. They will send you what you bid on and most likely help you with any issues you have.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I find that you would even compare this auction house to Lelands. I remember when they used Global and Ace.Now I have to trust them?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I find that you would even compare this auction house to Lelands. I remember when they used Global and Ace.Now I have to trust them?
I think your fragment here is intended to show outrage, if I'm reading correctly. I am not saying they are on par with Lelands, I was just saying they do in-house authenticating just like Lelands does.

I don't recall them using ACE ever. If they did, shame on them. As for Global, I remember when they were respectful, although I don't have any autographs with their LOA (or, I don't have any with an LOA from them where I've kept the LOA. But, of course, that's my choice.)

I have bought several items from them and have been satisfied all around. Considering what I look for, I am comfortable buying from them again. If they don't instill trust for you, then don't bid!

Ken
Old 12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Amen, you are comfortable then for you it is a good thing. I am not.