NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Bob M

Eddie Stanky's dugout lineup card from 9-10-67 ... Joel Horlen no hits the Detroit Tigers. Interesting to note, Stanky made a 7th inning substitution for defensive purposes (Buddy Bradford for Pete Ward) and a last second substitution in the 9th inning—which he failed to mark on the card...maybe caught up in the moment (Cotton Nash for Ken Boyer).

I collect Chisox 60s era Chisox stuff. If anyone has unique memorabilia or gamers of 60's era White Sox of Horlen, Ward, Peters, Berres, Martin...that you may be interested in parting with, drop me a line. Thanks!
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67dugoutcard.jpg (75.6 KB, 988 views)
Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Chris Wood

Default I have a few

None older than 1977 (will post those later), but I like to collect them too!

Here’s a couple Mariners vs Orioles games in 2001. Ichiro got hits in both on the way to his ROY and MVP season and the M’s 116 win campaign. Oh and Cal Jr.s last season too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1823FE2-97B9-489A-87BA-D4A10A8BD2CD.jpg (17.0 KB, 966 views)
File Type: jpg 04EB5DE1-646A-45D8-8528-28771639B005.jpg (12.9 KB, 964 views)

Last edited by baseball tourist; 11-24-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Clint

Bill those are amazing!
Old 11-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Chipper Jones 1st career MLB hit

Here is the dugout lineup card from the game when Chipper Jones recorded his first big league hit. It's on the website CooperstownExpert.com that has a page for every Hall of Famer and a couple hundred more notable figures. Lots of autographs there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chipper-Jones-lineup-car-694x1024.jpg (17.5 KB, 957 views)
Old 11-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Multi-signed lineup card from Game 2 of 1997 ALDS

Sorry for the separate post. More lineup cards are coming to mind. Here's Joe Torre's manager lineup card from Game 2 of the 1997 ALDS. It's signed by Torre, Derek Jeter, Tim Raines, Bernie Williams, Joe Girardi, Andy Pettitte, and a few others. The links direct to their player pages on CooperstownExpert.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torre-lineup-card-791x1024.jpg (14.4 KB, 963 views)
Old 11-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Really excited to see a post about lineup cards as it is a primary area of collecting for me. If anyone has any that they are open to moving please let me know.

Few of my favorites:
- Brett 3000th hit
- Niekro 300th homerun (and final game of Mattingly's MVP season)
- Glavine 1st win
- 1999 WS Game 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brett, George 3000 Hit.jpg (74.7 KB, 977 views)
File Type: jpg Niekro, Phil 300th Win.jpg (72.7 KB, 973 views)
File Type: jpg 1987 - Glavine First Win 8-22-1987.jpg (69.1 KB, 974 views)
File Type: jpg 1999 WS - Game 2 - Torre, Joe.jpg (72.6 KB, 969 views)
File Type: jpg Johnson, Walter Graded 8-27-1933.jpg (72.3 KB, 967 views)

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 11-25-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:12 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I too was the one who would hang out by the dugouts after games begging for someone to toss me the lineup cards from the dugout walls. I received a few as I went to only about 5 games a year but when I began my short lived career in Major League Baseball (started as game day field security for four years...moved to the front office for three) my collection exploded. Most times these cards continued to hang on the dugout wall long after the grounds crew completed their clean up and since I had access I would snag them myself. I amassed probably a few hundred line up cards over the years but sold most, if not all of them off over a period of time. Every time I went to sell them I was told they were not worth much but in the interest of cleaning out my collection I probably got on average, about 20 bucks each unless their was a significant event in the game. I had always intended to frame them and put them on the wall of my never to be existent man cave but gave up that dream awhile ago.

I also was lucky enough to find a few manager or umpire line up cards along the way (Topnotchsy..if I ever find them they are yours). I vividly remember one time seeing an unknowing grounds crew member emerging from the tunnel for the umpires dressing room and looking at a few small pieces of paper. I recognized instantly what he was looking at and then to my horror, he just ripped them in half and let them fall to the ground. I hurriedly picked them up and taped them back together as one of those line up cards was the top copy that had Pete Rose's original signature with his line up hand written on it.

Line up cards certainly hold a soft spot in my collecting heart and love to see others enjoy them as much as I did at one time.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
Bill those are amazing!
Thanks Clint, that 1970 one is somewhat significant in that it's the only time in WS History that a pitcher (McNally) hit a Grand Slam.