NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2019, 05:10 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Detroit-style is better than either one.
That come in leaded and unleaded?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-28-2019, 05:16 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
That come in leaded and unleaded?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Diesel, baby. Detroit power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza
Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Takes me back to Ann Arbor.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

(One of) the worst possible things about being in California is the pizza situation. Out here, it's 95% bread with just the tiniest whisper of sauce on top. It's like dipping a loaf of Wonder Bread into an empty Ragu jar. Places that advertise "New York Style Pizza!!!!!!!" (yes, that's how it's usually written) are so full of crap. Theirs is comprised of 'only' 94% bread. Yeah, big difference. The best day of my life in the past few years was when my sister flew out to visit and carefully packed 8 slices of Little Vincent's pizza (from Long Island) in her luggage. I ate like a king that night.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:22 PM
j.oe b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
The best day of my life in the past few years was when my sister flew out to visit and carefully packed 8 slices of Little Vincent's pizza (from Long Island) in her luggage. I ate like a king that night.
That's funny. Little Vincent's is less than 5 minutes from where I grew up.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Anyone consider cancelling VCP membership asking for partial refund?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Why

I'm not sure why you would, unless I'm missing something. In order to get his site to work, he had to pull the buyer info, right? Maybe I'm missing something, but Bobby doesn't seem to be the problem. That's what I'm going with for now...

Cheers,
Geno
Old 05-28-2019, 07:06 PM
Jeremy W.

What a mess.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

They just found a Howie Camnitz Tolstoi t206 that had a pinhole and Moser was actually able to fill in the pinhole to get it graded from a PSA 1 to a PSA 4.5.

And Moser even doctored 1955 Parkhurst midget wrestling cards....getting the one from a PSA 6 to a PSA 8!!

And we’re talking gains of only a couple hundred bucks on these...which is all it is for many..

They have apparently been posting a lot of these findings now onto Facebook groups... it’s seems like it’s just a matter of time now for this thing to really blow up....

Last edited by BLongley; 05-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:13 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercDriver View Post
I'm not sure why you would, unless I'm missing something. In order to get his site to work, he had to pull the buyer info, right? Maybe I'm missing something, but Bobby doesn't seem to be the problem. That's what I'm going with for now...

Cheers,
Geno
Hes violated his own T&C which hasn't been updated.

"After clicking on a grader/grade combination you get a listing of past sales containing all the crucial information enjoyed by the hobby's biggest collectors and dealers. This information includes: Date, Auction, Image used in auction, Seller, Buyer, Bid Count, Extra info and Price."

Meanwhile the whole freaking page is an ad for PWCC.

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 05-28-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Hes violated his own T&C which hasn't been updated.

"After clicking on a grader/grade combination you get a listing of past sales containing all the crucial information enjoyed by the hobby's biggest collectors and dealers. This information includes: Date, Auction, Image used in auction, Seller, Buyer, Bid Count, Extra info and Price."

Meanwhile the whole freaking page is an ad for PWCC.
So it happened this morning and he hasn't updated his T&C? I don't know that that's such a crime. Boeing is still advertising deliveries of the 737 Max if you go their website, and that plane killed people. Should that be allowed, or is that against T&C? I don't know if VCP is where the finger should be pointing. Just my two cents...

Cheers,
Geno
Old 05-28-2019, 07:28 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
(One of) the worst possible things about being in California is the pizza situation. Out here, it's 95% bread with just the tiniest whisper of sauce on top. It's like dipping a loaf of Wonder Bread into an empty Ragu jar. Places that advertise "New York Style Pizza!!!!!!!" (yes, that's how it's usually written) are so full of crap. Theirs is comprised of 'only' 94% bread. Yeah, big difference. The best day of my life in the past few years was when my sister flew out to visit and carefully packed 8 slices of Little Vincent's pizza (from Long Island) in her luggage. I ate like a king that night.
Depends on where you are, Darren. I do agree that most of it is crap but we have some really good stuff here in L.A., and that's coming from a NYC expat (me) whose favorite food is pizza and who suffered for decades with cruddy pies from schlockmeisters like Straw Hat. Mulberry Street (Beverly Hills, Sherman Oaks, Encino) does a serious NY slice. Crust as thin as Rocky Lee's used to be. Joe's Pizza (Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, DTLA) also has a respectable thin crust (but you need to add oregano to make it really choice). The one thing no one can get right out here is Sicilian, but I can deal with that.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-29-2019, 02:33 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
A bit delayed (these threads are moving way too fast for me to keep up!) but your sister is awesome for doing that!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:37 PM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=2204

Amazing.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad22 View Post
This one should make anyone who collects T206 cards sick. This is a gut punch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34C439A9-25A4-467E-B3F0-4F13A53433B6.jpg (19.2 KB, 331 views)

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Good golly Miss Molly.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:16 PM
pete ullman

Holy moly...doyle may be next.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:07 PM
K@t Alex@nder

This is all a lot to keep up with but also part of why I came back to the board. I'm very rarely on BO but what's posted over there has been helpful. In talking to Leon yesterday many of us seem to be in the same boat in hoping our cards weren't involved in this mess. Any chance we could have a specific members only thread somewhat like the BST to solely share pics/links to the pre-war cards involved in all of this? Could be a good first step in narrowing things down on the pre-war side. I mean, for us, the difference between a 3 changed to a 4 is a big deal. Thoughts?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:18 PM
Howard Chernick

I noticed that Moser won a Johnny Lipon 53 Bowman Color from me back in 11/2018. So, I wanted to see if I can find out whether he resold it at a later date. I didn't find it but I stumbled onto this.
On 12/15/18, he won a PSA 6 version of that card at Probstein's. Click on "View Original Item".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/362502649...2047675.l10137

Then I saw on May 9th 2019, an 8.5 version of this card sold at PWCC. Click on "View Original Item".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/352652489...2047675.l10137

What makes me believe that they are the same card, is the stain on the back. It's on the bottom of the card just below Printed in U.S.A and running up into the stats.

If I am correct, then it's not only high end cards that we need to worry about.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 05-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
There are A LOT of mid-grade cards being outed on BO as altered. You can’t hide behind a decision to collect only PSA 3s and 4s and think you’re safe.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 05-29-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

http://www.sportscardradio.com/gary-...-bidding-scam/

Among other things, claims Gary shill bid his own consignments. Pretty comprehensive in scope.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-29-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:57 PM
Michael

Quote:
I noticed that Moser won a Johnny Lipon 53 Bowman Color from me back in 11/2018. So, I wanted to see if I can find out whether he resold it at a later date. I didn't find it but I stumbled onto this.
On 12/15/18, he won a PSA 6 version of that card at Probstein's. Click on "View Original Item".

Then I saw on May 9th 2019, an 8.5 version of this card sold at PWCC. Click on "View Original Item".

What makes me believe that they are the same card, is the stain on the back. It's on the bottom of the card just below Printed in U.S.A and running up into the stats.

Unless I'm completely ignorant regarding how the serial numbers work on the slabbed cards, I'd say you are not correct. The PSA 8.5 has a lower serial number than the PSA 6. So based on your evidence it appears the PSA 8.5 was broken out of its slab, sent to PSA to be graded again, and was given a 6. And that is something to be worried about? Am I missing something here?
Old 05-29-2019, 04:02 PM
John Startleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Unless I'm completely ignorant regarding how the serial numbers work on the slabbed cards, I'd say you are not correct. The PSA 8.5 has a lower serial number than the PSA 6. So based on your evidence it appears the PSA 8.5 was broken out of its slab, sent to PSA to be graded again, and was given a 6. And that is something to be worried about? Am I missing something here?
Edit - This may not be the same card.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 05-29-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
While each submission goes in numerical order, two orders next to each other may be vastly different.

Last edited by egbeachley; 05-29-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:

They're different cards, even though the stain you mention is very similar. The defects in the red area on the back just below the No. 123 white baseball diamond are very different on each card.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Howard Chernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengoughingForAwhile View Post
They're different cards, even though the stain you mention is very similar. The defects in the red area on the back just below the No. 123 white baseball diamond are very different on each card.
Thanks. It was already pointed out to me by another member. I jumped the gun on that one.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard