NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default Heartland, back yet again

I guess Bill gets credit for resiliency if nothing else, here he is again with yet another auction. Next we may be seeing the resurrection of Battlefield/Candiman?

https://go-heartland.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-12-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:19 PM

For those of us who are newer: what's the relevance of this gentleman? Good reputation, bad reputation?

Successful transactions with: t206kid, rootsearcher60, 36GoudeyMan, 53toppscollector, Scott L, horzverti, YazFenway08

Also on blowout! Same username.

Flippin my way to a PSA 1 Eddie Plank
Old 07-12-2021, 06:00 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I'm sure others can share their stories, but I will just say I had one of my worst buying experiences with him. Multiple false statements and broken promise after broken promise. Beckett had to get involved to resolve my issues as he promised.

This is also an interesting read: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=280571
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 07-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

What rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards the Hobby to be born?

(with apologies to Yeats).

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-12-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Todd
Todd Ev@ns

I know some have had problems but personally, I have never had any issues with all my dealings with Bill.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
What rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards the Hobby to be born?

(with apologies to Yeats).
It's more than his second coming.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:13 PM
Johnny MaZilli

These characters are like athletes feet you can Never get rid of them they always come back.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:26 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Here's a link to a current thread over on the Autograph Forum, regarding a Cy Young "signed" Artvue HOF postcard in Heartland's current auction.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305013

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox

Last edited by Steve D; 07-12-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:27 PM
Jay Shumsky

I won a lot in the March auction they had, and I received it with no issues.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:16 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...elp-daughters/
Old 07-13-2021, 08:10 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
An interesting selection of cards this auction.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 07-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
An interesting selection of cards this auction.
I felt the same way, a handful of iconic cards but where did those two Ruth cards come from? They're fantastic. It's like dating a bipolar chick, the sex is good but you're gonna pay for it in spades, in ways you can't imagine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 07-13-2021, 09:09 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
How in blazes did Beckett give that Tom Brady autograph a 9? I can barely see it!
Old 07-13-2021, 09:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

Over the top much? The same Bill G. who prophesized a PSA 8 55 Koufax would be worth 200K.

In our many, many years of working in the hobby we have never issued a statement quite like the one that follows:

At an estimated final gavel price of just over $1 million, it is our opinion that the autographed 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket Tom Brady Rookie Card offered here is, when considering long-term value and growth potential, substantially undervalued. While the notion of a football card issued in this century selling for over $1 million being labeled as a “value pick” may seem outlandish, so too does the thought of a quarterback, who will turn 44 years old in August, who is not only still playing, but leading, dominating, and still winning Super Bowls after 21 seasons in the league. The World Has Never Seen Anything Like Tom Brady Tom Brady’s longevity and career defy all odds. They defy anything imaginable. Brady is more than a once in a generation or even once in a lifetime player, he is, unquestionably, a once in human history kind of talent, the likes of which will never be seen again, not only in this lifetime, but any lifetime. So how do you truly value the ultimate rookie card of the ultimate player, truly the Greatest of All Time in his sport? In baseball, there is Ruth. In hockey, there is Gretzky, In basketball, there is Jordan. And, in football, there is Brady. Determining The Value Of The Ultimate Brady Rookie Card No one could have predicted the skyrocketing value of high grade modern rookie cards that has taken place over the first six months of this year. No one. That being said, given investment realities, the argument for purchasing this NM 7+ signed Brady rookie card and using a “Buy and Hold” investment strategy, at least until Brady is enshrined in Canton, seems to make sound strategic sense.

Brady’s ascension to the Pro Football Hall of Fame will be unlike anything in sport, or anything in the celebrity world, to date. At that moment, when the Brady frenzy will be at its zenith, it’s not unreasonable to speculate that Brady’s rookie card, this rookie card, could garner a 300% to 500% ROI over what it will sell for here in just a few weeks. With the infusion of investment capital into the hobby, we are all in uncharted waters. But even in uncharted waters, it’s hard to imagine anything more certain than the increasing value of Tom Brady’s ultimate rookie card in investment grade and in autographed form.

The New Holy Grail Of Sports Cards
We’ve all seen the explosion in value of this generation’s ultimate athletes and stars. The million dollar card mark that was once reserved for the T206 Honus Wagner and 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie cards has now been equaled or eclipsed by cards of Mike Trout, LeBron James, Luka Doncic, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and, yes, Tom Brady.

It is hardly outlandish to project that Brady’s 2000 Playoff Contenders Autographed Rookie card will ultimately become The Holy Grail of Sports Cards. While Brady will never supplant Babe Ruth from a popular culture standpoint or the venerable Honus Wagner T206 from the perspective of scarcity or simply lore, Brady is not a dusty black and white image from the past that follows us. Brady is a full color, high-visibility bigger-than-life hero for the 21 century and its generation. The torch is being passed within the hobby world. And Brady is the torch.

For those with the resources and the financial foresight, purchasing this Brady at its grade of 7.5 could be the equivalent of purchasing Apple stock when the iPhone was introduced in 2007. That price, on a split-adjusted basis, was $3.75. Apple stock closed at $137.27 on July 1, 2021. Is that a lofty expectation over the next 14 years? Perhaps. But given what we’ve all seen happen in the first half of 2021, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. So far, on the field and off, betting against Brady has been a losing proposition.

Let the bidding begin.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-13-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:49 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

If there was a vomiting emoji on this site, I would definitely insert it here.

Did they hire Brent to write their descriptions?

Last edited by perezfan; 07-14-2021 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:50 AM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Here's a link to a current thread over on the Autograph Forum, regarding a Cy Young "signed" Artvue HOF postcard in Heartland's current auction.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305013

Steve
People have bid on this. Wonder why it has not been pulled.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:33 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
How in blazes did Beckett give that Tom Brady autograph a 9? I can barely see it!
I think the background of the card doesn't help the look of the auto. If it was a lighter background we could really see the auto pop.

Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Low Grade Ruth rookie
Signed Wilt Chamberlain rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 07-14-2021, 07:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
If there was a vomiting emoji on this site, I would definitely insert it here.

Did they hire Brent to write their descriptions?
It's truly awful.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:20 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's truly awful.
I have no experience with him. But if his reputation is so bad how does his auctions seem to do well?
How does he get a lot of quality cards that he gets (he had all those "Uncle" something Auctions with all those autographed Ruth Cards etc)?
And he seems to get some solid prices for his sellers?

I am looking at some interesting cards on this auction and considering putting in some bids but this chain and others I have are making me pause and think it thru

Any insights would be helpful and appreciated

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 07-14-2021, 08:23 AM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
I have no experience with him. But if his reputation is so bad how does his auctions seem to do well?
How does he get a lot of quality cards that he gets (he had all those "Uncle" something Auctions with all those autographed Ruth Cards etc)?

I am looking at some interesting cards on this auction and considering putting in some bids but this chain and others I have are making me pause and think it thru

The Uncle Jimmy collection was through Wheatland, Not this guy.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:26 AM
pete ullman

Quote:

because stuff trumps all in this hobby...that's why! And Bills been around for decades and has connections.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:29 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherbener View Post
The Uncle Jimmy collection was through Wheatland, Not this guy.
Sorry for that mis information on which auction house. Got that confused.

Thanks for the clarification

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 07-14-2021, 08:39 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:

And Crazy Uncle was a different company.

Bill has been around forever and I'm sure has a dedicated following among a certain demographic of collector. Until the massive issue with Beckett buying him out and the him launching a new auction and having all the old user data, I had never heard of him having ethical issues. His descriptions have always been masterworks in hyperbole, though usually more grammatical than the mess in this thread, and that turns off a lot of people. Couple that with some questionable actions the last few years and I think that's where the backlash is coming from.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-14-2021 at 08:39 AM.