NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2022, 02:01 AM
Doug Goodman

Look, I appreciate that whoever Erik owes his apology to knows exactly what he is talking about, and probably appreciates the thought, but I still don't see how his apology now qualifies as being 'public'.

But, if it does by the definition of the majority of this board, then I also would like to apologize 'in public' to nobody in particular about nothing specific.

Boy, I feel a lot better about that, thank you.

Now I can can move on with my life fully cleansed of my indiscretion.

Doug 'sorry, I still don't get it' Goodman
Old 12-06-2022, 05:46 AM
Albert Bee

Default sorry

I think its a solid thing he has done

From a " nosey " standpoint. .Id like to hear the whole story behind it

But, apologize ..and move on
Old 12-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Look, I appreciate that whoever Erik owes his apology to knows exactly what he is talking about, and probably appreciates the thought, but I still don't see how his apology now qualifies as being 'public'.

But, if it does by the definition of the majority of this board, then I also would like to apologize 'in public' to nobody in particular about nothing specific.

Uncalled for sarcasm
Old 12-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Dave

It's a mystery, wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma, surrounded by a conundrum, and coated in a sweet, sweet chocolate truffle.

It's the Russian Nesting Doll of apologies.

Interest = piqued.

Stakes = low

Popcorn = Mandatory!

Last edited by D. Bergin; 12-06-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:58 AM
Robert J. Miller

I appreciate the fact that he is taking responsibility for his actions and making this apology.
The definition of apology as I looked on the internet.....a regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure.
It seems the OP is doing just that. Stating on the board that he takes full responsibility of how he handled both situations and will do better in the future.
Some feel that it is not an apology because he is not stating what happened. Maybe he is not stating what happened because he is respecting the two people he offended by not going into specifics. Maybe they prefer not to be mentioned by name or situation. I am sure the OP would not care if either of them explained what happened.
Just my take on it.
Bob
Old 12-06-2022, 05:59 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default Exactly

It's not really the OP's place to air all the details of the dispute - if the three people involved all agree that they want to air it all, then fine - but unless or until that happens, this seems like a pretty full acknowledgment and apology, and the rest of us should probably just accept it and move on, ya know?

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
I appreciate the fact that he is taking responsibility for his actions and making this apology.
The definition of apology as I looked on the internet.....a regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure.
It seems the OP is doing just that. Stating on the board that he takes full responsibility of how he handled both situations and will do better in the future.
Some feel that it is not an apology because he is not stating what happened. Maybe he is not stating what happened because he is respecting the two people he offended by not going into specifics. Maybe they prefer not to be mentioned by name or situation. I am sure the OP would not care if either of them explained what happened.
Just my take on it.
Bob
Old 12-06-2022, 01:02 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
It's a mystery, wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma, surrounded by a conundrum, and coated in a sweet, sweet chocolate truffle.

It's the Russian Nesting Doll of apologies.

Interest = piqued.

Stakes = low

Popcorn = Mandatory!

Excellent!
Old 12-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Uncalled for sarcasm
Hahaha, well, once you get to know me you will find out that my actual middle name is 'sarcasm', and as my wife likes to say 'Sarcasm, it's how I hug'
Old 12-06-2022, 03:30 PM
Bry@n

I have known Erik for years (through Net54), exchanging lots of emails about cards and research, families, and life. I have always thought he is great all around and admit I am a bit shocked something might have transpired for which he would feel this type of responsibility. I don't need any details about what it was - we all make mistakes, including mishandling situations every now and then, and whatever it was he is going above and beyond by owning it both privately and publicly. I say well done Erik.

And because every thread needs a card (and some lotion and towels)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake wagner loser.jpg (67.0 KB, 663 views)
Old 12-06-2022, 04:31 PM

Erik, 5 years is a long time and I'm glad you've taken whatever action you needed to for closure - at least on your part. Whoever the other parties are, it's up to them now. Sometimes we either forgive or die with it.

Short story to make you feel better - maybe.

About 15 years ago or so I was returning from a business trip to Puerto Rico. I was changing flights in Dallas. I purchased a coffee from a Starbucks kiosk in the airport. They got my order wrong. I requested a replacement. The barista told me they got the order correct. The "He said - she said" went on for a few minutes and they refused to replace my coffee. I said ok, but I will never purchase another coffee from Starbucks and started my one-man boycott of Starbucks. That was a long time ago and I have never bought another coffee from Starbucks. Starbucks is still doing fantastic business and I have missed out on a lot of good coffees. Sometimes I wonder if it was just the individual that I dealt with or was it the culture of Starbucks.

Hopefully, you will pick up on the analogy of my personal experience and yours.

Sorry you're getting some negative comments regarding your apology and welcome back!

P.S. I'm still boycotting Starbucks! However, if someone else buys I'm all in.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:44 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Erik, 5 years is a long time and I'm glad you've taken whatever action you needed to for closure - at least on your part. Whoever the other parties are, it's up to them now. Sometimes we either forgive or die with it.

Short story to make you feel better - maybe.

About 15 years ago or so I was returning from a business trip to Puerto Rico. I was changing flights in Dallas. I purchased a coffee from a Starbucks kiosk in the airport. They got my order wrong. I requested a replacement. The barista told me they got the order correct. The "He said - she said" went on for a few minutes and they refused to replace my coffee. I said ok, but I will never purchase another coffee from Starbucks and started my one-man boycott of Starbucks. That was a long time ago and I have never bought another coffee from Starbucks. Starbucks is still doing fantastic business and I have missed out on a lot of good coffees. Sometimes I wonder if it was just the individual that I dealt with or was it the culture of Starbucks.

Hopefully, you will pick up on the analogy of my personal experience and yours.

Sorry you're getting some negative comments regarding your apology and welcome back!

P.S. I'm still boycotting Starbucks! However, if someone else buys I'm all in.
I don’t think the comments are negative. I think the public apology part is difficult to understand when people don’t know the specifics of what he’s apologizing for. I think everyone gets his intent and respect it.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:50 PM
Bruce Mattioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I have known Erik for years (through Net54), exchanging lots of emails about cards and research, families, and life. I have always thought he is great all around and admit I am a bit shocked something might have transpired for which he would feel this type of responsibility. I don't need any details about what it was - we all make mistakes, including mishandling situations every now and then, and whatever it was he is going above and beyond by owning it both privately and publicly. I say well done Erik.

And because every thread needs a card (and some lotion and towels)...
OMG this guy is Eric? I love this dude as much as Adrian..
Old 12-06-2022, 09:07 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
OMG this guy is Eric? I love this dude as much as Adrian..
No, the guy pretending to have a Wagner was named Andrew Clinton. He *might* have also gone by the name Adrian, although I always thought those were two different people.

Either way; no, it wasn't Erik.

The "Nun's Wagner" scammer dude was banned.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
No, the guy pretending to have a Wagner was named Andrew Clinton. He *might* have also gone by the name Adrian, although I always thought those were two different people.

Either way; no, it wasn't Erik.

The "Nun's Wagner" scammer dude was banned.
Adrian was a guy from Canada, Andrew I believe was from Tennessee, two different guys. Adrian was banned eventually. Adrian had some issues and developed a reputation for reneging on purchase commitments, although I don't think he ever failed to deliver on a card he sold. To this day I regret not buying a 311 he offered me at what even then was a very low price, I just didn't trust him and he refused to go through an intermediary. Another member ended up getting the card.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-07-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:05 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post

Come on Doug. We all "know" it was you that gave the S.O.D. the sketchy patch cord that led to this.... You can admit it now.

warning, strong language and strange humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frXYiZ-cAo
Old 12-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Come on Doug. We all "know" it was you that gave the S.O.D. the sketchy patch cord that led to this.... You can admit it now.

warning, strong language and strange humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frXYiZ-cAo
All I can say about Goodman is that he's the butthead that posted something in a thread that made me spew coffee all over my keyboard one morning... I couldn't stop laughing when I saw his post, but then again, I had to clean my keyboard... butthead...no warning what so ever... just coffee all over the keyboard...
Old 12-06-2022, 05:30 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

wagnerguysantaslap.jpg
"Happy holidays, fellahs!!"

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 12-06-2022 at 07:39 PM.