NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Artifacts? You mean that like Indiana Jones Traded you Artifacts for your forged Lebron Jones card that he himself noted it did not look like his signature? Wow the Story just keeps getting better. Could you post some pictures of these Artifacts? So I held in my hand what I thought was a worthless piece of trash. That a TPG and 2 other dealers said was a worthless piece of trash was in fact some sort of Clue that was going to leed Indy to one of Mankind's great treasures!
Well I for one will Forever hold the Name of Tom Rebert in a Special place. How many folks could take a card that was returned to them as a fake and flip it for Five Thousand Dollars in Artifacts. Especially after the advanced Autograph Collector / and eminent Archaeologist stated it did not match Lebron James Signature. Did you use some sort of spell to force him into turning over these Artifacts? What other intrigue have you been up to down there in Missouri? Come on keep the stories coming.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-08-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 04:55 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Little Johnsons Claims are false !

After reviewing Little Johnsons Posts.

!) Little Johnson claims at 14 still diaper clad crawled to his first card show and picked up several Cobb, Ruth and Gehrig cards? How in the world can this be true having no money?--think about it!

2) Little Johnson claims he sold hundreds of autos with COA, How in the world can this be true, Little Johnson cant afford to buy any.--think about it!
Yep Little Johnsons Diapers are in knots, he cant afford to buy anything

What I see here is Little Johnson is a very jealous and unhappy Want-A-Be--

I will not respond anymore under this heading if you must continue your ranting garbage do so under the other Watercooler Talk- Off Topics heading.
Little Johnson doesn't show any respect for bumping in this category to fellow collectors-- think about it!

Last edited by Directly; 07-08-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Jonathan Sterling

There are a number of collectors on this board that I have known since the mid 1970's. I did not say I bought several cards at my first show I bought One card an E-95 Cobb, from Paul Gallagher. He gave me a postcard that got me Twenty five cents off Admission to his show later that year.
I have been buying and selling here on Net54 for 10 years. Like the vast majority of collectors here I have never sold a fake signature and until You Tom Rebert came along and sold me one I had not purchased a fake here on Net54. If I thought for 1 second that it was an honest mistake I would have let it go. Chalked it up to cost of doing business. In fact more than that I take some blame, I should have researched the signature asked for help. But I was lazy after so many smooth transactions here I did not fully vet you or your fake signature. But I watched your posts and a Clear pattern of shady business appeared. And I knew if I said nothing it would continue. Now I have No control over your decision to act Shady in the future but if I chose to do nothing then I would be helping you sell your fakes. So I do my part. Feel free to continue your insults it is part of the cost of my not doing my homework before doing business with you.
As for wasting other collectors time by bumping this post. It is never a waste of time calling out unethical sellers. It is not fun ( well responding to a couple of your more outlandish posts was a little fun) . It is time consuming. I 100% expect insults of all flavors sent my way. That is the price of calling folks like you out. But in the end it is worth it if I can help other collectors to see sellers like you. To avoid at all costs the price they will ultimately pay for dealing with you.

PS I was 11 years old In jan 1973 I turned 12 in Feb.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-08-2023 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Moved to the WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Moved the WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics--Ill get my popcorn ready!--not trying to be vendictive, you did lose $3.00-

Last edited by Directly; 07-08-2023 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:49 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James auto on Net54

Lol Pretty close to 100% of unethical sellers who say " I am done ...I am not posting to this thread any more
ever again ...end up posting. They cannot help themselves. I am sure you would like this moved. But thats not how this works.

At this point this thread still has wheels. I for one would like to see the guarantee you wrote when you traded the card you knew was N/G. And please. please post the FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of Artifacts. ( I cannot help but laugh every time type Artifacts ). Readers want to know. I want to know.

Is the popcorn you are eating left over from the latest Indiana Jones movie. Or just a bag you or one of your Rat buddies found in your lair? ...so many questions so little time. And watch that hits counter it keeps going up as more and more folks tune in.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:46 PM
edward

Default Psa

I don't know anything about the card you're talking about, but numerous collectors have posted on here about PSA failing cards that they saw signed themselves. PSA is not perfect, and seems to be rejecting a lot of good autographs lately.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:16 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Ed
Of course PSA is not perfect. I would not even have returned the card based on that alone. I gave the seller every benifit of a doubt. After It was failed I showed it to two collector / Dealers who trade in Lebron and other high end Basketball Autographed cards. Both rejected it rather quickly and one took the time to show me a few things to look at when buying a Lebron Auto. Knowing what I know now I would not buy that card today. Tom Rebert says that even the "Advanced" autograph collector that he traded it to said it did not match up with known examples.
Given that it was failed by 3 sources that all have handled Lebron Auto's before. I asked the seller to provide one independent opinion that the signature was good. You saw his response.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-10-2023 at 09:17 PM.