NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default PWCC Again

Like many, I participated in PWCC auctions in the past even though there were growing concerns expressed here and elsewhere about shill bidding and trimmed cards being graded by PSA; however, when the news broke that they had been jettisoned by Ebay, I immediately stopped any activity with them.

When it was announced that Fantastics had bought them, I thought I might give them another chance. The quality of their auctions improved dramatically and I actually won a card I had long coveted, a '15 CJ Eddie Collins. So far so good.
However, even though I had participated in their Premier Auctions in the past, I needed to reapply, which I attempted to do. When I reached the email section, I received a message that this email had already been taken. No wonder, it was mine.

At this point, I received an email from one of their reps, Heather, who said would expedite my application to their, get this, Trust Committee. I responded in the heat of the moment and said something like their "customer service sucked" Harsh perhaps but nothing profane or personally insulting. Almost immediately, I was blocked from their site even though I had 2 bids lodged in their Weekly auction ending tomorrow. I emailed Heather twice more as to why I had somehow become an undesirable but no response.

They still owe my one more winning lot and I want to ensure they haven't frozen that one. Does anyone have a telephone # for them so I can speak to a live person and explain my sad tale?

As Peter Finch said in that long ago movie classic ' Network', "I am mad as hell and am not going to take it anymore". So much for a fresh start with them. Curtains.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Don't mess with Heather, I guess.

Many businesses seem to have eliminated the phone option these days. You may be out of luck there.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Ste.ve J0hn.son

I had an issue with them some time back that I recounted on here and ended up having to send a registered letter from a lawyer to get them to respond, so good luck.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:03 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Frustrating experience to say the least and good luck on a resolution. The only option we have as buyers is to vote with our wallet. Thankfully, as a pre war collector I find more than enough quality options and seamless customer service from REA, LOTG, Heritage, Sterling, Memory Lane, Mile High, etc. to ever have to deal with PWCC, Goldin, etc.
I'm just a small fish in their big shot world anyway, they don't need my money.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 09-02-2023 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:31 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Might try the VP of Customer Service at Fanatics if the position exists...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

I've inquired, and no, they don't have phone service for customers. That in itself is one of many reasons never to deal with them.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:34 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Is there a worse major AH out there than PWCC? I don't think I've heard a single good thing about them for years now.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-03-2023, 10:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Is there a worse major AH out there than PWCC? I don't think I've heard a single good thing about them for years now.
What are your criteria?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:51 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
What are your criteria?
-Apparent disdain for customers
-Incompetence
-Questionable (to put it charitably) integrity
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Peter Spaeth

Mine would be, are they committed to not dealing with known and suspected card doctors. I suspect very few would pass that test.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-03-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:09 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Mine would be, are they committed to not dealing with known and suspected card doctors. I suspect very few would pass that test.
Which ones do you think would pass it?
Old 09-03-2023, 11:50 AM
Dave Foster

I haven't participated in one of their auctions since they were located in San Luis Opisbo, CA. After they re-located to OR., the wheels came off the cart and the whole operation seemed to turn into a shit show. Maybe expansion wasn't their best decision.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:01 PM
pete ullman

so it sounds like the "new" PWCC is operating more like comcast or CNA? It's Big business now!
Old 09-03-2023, 12:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

You can't call SGC any more, right? People don't seem to mind that. So what's the big deal?

Old 09-03-2023, 12:44 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

PWCC is like the bat-shit-crazy ex-girlfriend of the hobby. Anyone who keeps going back to her at this point deserves all the heartache they get.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
PWCC is like the bat-shit-crazy ex-girlfriend of the hobby. Anyone who keeps going back to her at this point deserves all the heartache they get.
Conor, I cannot disagree, but with their backers, thought I would give it a shot. Wish I hadn't.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
PWCC after their "kicked off EBay" scandal was awesome for a few auctions. Between the people scared of dealing with them and the moral high ground people that refused to deal with them, their first few months of auctions was like getting into a pre-COVID time machine.

That small window has passed, though.

Since they decided to sell 1000 other things besides cards I don't use the site as much. The search is bloated and constantly churning letter-by-letter rather than waiting for a full search query. It was annoying figuring out how to block all the excess "noise" from the site (such as the real-time bidding popups). I pop in once a week for a few quick key searches and get out as quickly as possible.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:41 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
You can't call SGC any more, right? People don't seem to mind that. So what's the big deal?
Well, I sent an inquiry about the scrapbook/Baseball Sportstamps I recently picked up to SGC and received an informative email response from one of their employees about how best to proceed should I choose at some point to sell. The response included a phone number.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 09-03-2023, 02:02 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Because when you want to discuss something, or need resolution, the phone is THE best way to get answers quickly. Waiting for some staffer to give you an answer, at their pace, sucks. Plus, you can't have a fast, back and forth dialogue when you are waiting for answers. The phone allows for this.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
Because when you want to discuss something, or need resolution, the phone is THE best way to get answers quickly. Waiting for some staffer to give you an answer, at their pace, sucks. Plus, you can't have a fast, back and forth dialogue when you are waiting for answers. The phone allows for this.
For this generation, chat is just as good. And they do have chat.

Old 09-03-2023, 02:08 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
For this generation, chat is just as good. And they do have chat.
"This generation" does not include everyone, and leaves out many older collectors. Good Customer Service includes everyone. Having some lame chatbox, where you have to wait, is not customer friendly and screams: who cares about your wants/needs.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
"This generation" does not include everyone, and leaves out many older collectors. Good Customer Service includes everyone. Having some lame chatbox, where you have to wait, is not customer friendly and screams: who cares about your wants/needs.
I used to hate chat but I actually prefer it to waiting indefinitely on hold to talk to someone at Verizon, or my bank, or other businesses that nominally have phone reps but you often have to navigate through endless menu trees and then wait forever and most don't even estimate the hold time.

Old 09-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I can’t believe I’m going to defend the PWCC fraud ring but - don’t most people block folks who send emails telling them they or their organization suck? Isn’t it clear this is why one would be deemed undesirable? If one insults a business to them one should expect they may choose to sever the relationship.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

Pwcc 833-333-7922

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)

Last edited by Kidnapped18; 09-03-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:25 PM
Rob

A small, mom and pop French restaurant might ban a customer for complaining about their service. Olive Garden and Red Lobster would not bar a customer for being frustrated with their experience or incident. They would apologize and give out vouchers and discounts.

I guess their customers are those people with the backpacks.

I used to buy from them on eBay, but I don't understand how their website works. It's too "busy". If they go back on eBay, I would bid again.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

I have had good consignment experiences with them in the past, so in late December, I thought I would check out what they had available for purchasing. I picked up a 1950 Bowman Jackie Robinson card that looked good on their site, but had issues that didn't show up on their ultra-bright scans. When I did my own scan and corresponded with Heather about getting approval for a refund, what should have been an open-and-shut case took until February for the approval! By then I had filed a dispute with my credit card company anyway, and because of the dispute, PWCC banned me from bidding. So needless to say, that was the last of my dealings with them.

Last edited by robw1959; 09-03-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I am at the point i just laugh when I see PWWC threads. Seriously how many times do you and/or people you know need to be hit in the thumb with a hammer before you figure out it hurts.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:47 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am at the point i just laugh when I see PWWC threads. Seriously how many times do you and/or people you know need to be hit in the thumb with a hammer before you figure out it hurts.
It is truly laughable. What do they say the definition of insanity is? To do the same thing and expect a different result. At the very least it shows how people really do not want to take responsibility to look out for themselves. Top of the food chain honors to Man.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:36 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
When I did my own scan and corresponded with Heather about getting approval for a refund
Apparently you don't mess w/ Heather
Old 09-03-2023, 07:39 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
totally! it's like..."thank you sir, can I have another!"
Old 09-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Hey I already said that lol.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
No soup for you!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 09-03-2023, 09:04 PM
Eric
E.ric Bau.mh0er

I guess it proves vintage is strong when a shit show like this can continue to thrive
Old 09-03-2023, 09:12 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercan collector View Post
I guess it proves vintage is strong when a shit show like this can continue to thrive
Nope. Proves that humans chronically make very bad choices.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:16 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Kinda disappointed in this group. Took over 24 hours for someone to bring this up. I had the over/under at 4 hours. Maybe we’re just growing soft and slow in our old age.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 09-03-2023, 11:49 PM
Al Yardley

Not sure if you got this resolved or not. I do have a phone number to a person I deal with directly with in PWCC. Call me 253 223 2069 or email me at AccessTechnologyWashington@Outlook.com. Hope to help if you still need it. Al Yardley
Old 09-04-2023, 12:58 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I can’t believe I’m going to defend the PWCC fraud ring but - don’t most people block folks who send emails telling them they or their organization suck? Isn’t it clear this is why one would be deemed undesirable? If one insults a business to them one should expect they may choose to sever the relationship.
Greg, being the culprit here, I reluctantly have to agree. Nobody likes to be insulted, even a mild rebuke like mine. It was done out a feeling of frustration, morphing to anger to try and get a simple matter resolved.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:06 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
IDK. I own my own business, and if people kept telling me I sucked while simultaneously continuing to hire me, I’d probably just chalk them up to being idiots and continue to take their money, too.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:43 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
IDK. I own my own business, and if people kept telling me I sucked while simultaneously continuing to hire me, I’d probably just chalk them up to being idiots and continue to take their money, too.
This x 100. Whenever pwcc is brought up, the hate comes out. Yet they are still in business, and people are still bidding and buying cards, so they must be doing something right.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:43 PM
A.J. Johnson

"You Suck!"

"You're Banned!"

"Just kidding, you DON'T suck"
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time

Last edited by ajjohnsonsoxfan; 09-04-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2023, 07:29 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
"You Suck!"

"You're Banned!"

"Just kidding, you DON'T suck"
"Reinstated?"
Old 09-05-2023, 07:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
That's funny. But in all fairness, it's a new company today with new ownership. Time will tell.,...and time will tell when they get rid of their "liability" of their name.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:50 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I used to hate chat but I actually prefer it to waiting indefinitely on hold to talk to someone at Verizon, or my bank, or other businesses that nominally have phone reps but you often have to navigate through endless menu trees and then wait forever and most don't even estimate the hold time.
My wife likes chat, but shes in the computer industry.

I hate chat, mostly because it requires typing and I'm not good at that.

Not sure about the kids, but my youngest according to school types 70wpm at 100% accuracy. (and that at 11)

To me, if a company has no phone you can call, they're not really legit. It's the hallmark of scammers.
Old 09-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Peter Spaeth

It's becoming a chat and text and email world. We can either bemoan it or adjust, I think.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
It's becoming a chat and text and email world. We can either bemoan it or adjust, I think.
Sounds like an obvious choice! I’ll take bemoaning for $600, Alex…

Old 09-05-2023, 10:25 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Don't forget the rise of the automated phone menus that replace people. I don't think I'll ever adjust to having to shout "TALK TO AN AGENT" multiple times in order to reach a human.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Don't forget the rise of the automated phone menus that replace people. I don't think I'll ever adjust to having to shout "TALK TO AN AGENT" multiple times in order to reach a human.
It works just as well if you don't shout.

Old 09-05-2023, 11:10 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
It works just as well if you don't shout.
But that's not nearly as satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 09-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Reminds me of this episode of Frasier:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ywse