NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-23-2024, 01:22 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Default Discussion / Study Group

Who would like to form a Discussion / Study Group about Bigfoot ? Don't be shy.
Old 08-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

We know he is a big hairy Sasquatch- probably stinky as shit too, that likes beef jerky.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-24-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-24-2024, 06:10 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
We know he is a big hairy Sasquatch- probably stinky as shit too, that likes beef jerky.
Bigfoot HATES mockery
Old 08-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Eric
E.ric Bau.mh0er

Big foot is my life’s work .. By far the best documentary is Harry and the Hendersons , lots and lots of clear recorded sightings , Strongly recommended for the beginner and advanced researchers .
Old 08-25-2024, 12:17 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
Bigfoot HATES mockery
+1

I've seen what happens to people who mess with him and it isn't pretty.
Old 08-25-2024, 05:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
Who would like to form a Discussion / Study Group about Bigfoot ? Don't be shy.
The reality of the bigfoot argument is that in todays world there is no place for it to hide. We have millions of cameras and hunters have game cameras everyplace. People that say they live in extremely remote places have never lived in a remote place.

So unless you start giving bigfoot supernatural powers like many believers are starting to do. Bigfoot as an animal just doesn't make sense. It makes even less sense once you go deep and figure out food sources and what kind of existing population would be needed to sustain them.

It was a cool thing to believe in as a kid in the 70s but as an adult now not so much.
Old 08-25-2024, 06:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Any relation to the Loch Ness monster?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-25-2024, 06:03 PM
Eric
E.ric Bau.mh0er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The reality of the bigfoot argument is that in todays world there is no place for it to hide. We have millions of cameras and hunters have game cameras everyplace. People that say they live in extremely remote places have never lived in a remote place.

So unless you start giving bigfoot supernatural powers like many believers are starting to do. Bigfoot as an animal just doesn't make sense. It makes even less sense once you go deep and figure out food sources and what kind of existing population would be needed to sustain them.

It was a cool thing to believe in as a kid in the 70s but as an adult now not so much.
Your a hater .. Bigfoot IS real , I had to quit eating Beef jerky because I didn’t wanna die
Old 08-26-2024, 01:12 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Same as the geico cave man
They had to adapt but need hygiene products

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-26-2024 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2024, 02:45 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beercan collector View Post
your a hater .. Bigfoot is real , i had to quit eating beef jerky because i didn’t wanna die
🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-26-2024, 08:23 AM
Al Richter

Darwin Award nominees are attempting to make more room for Bigfoot to roam

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrE...KAbMpGo2T3XrA-

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 08-26-2024 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Al Richter

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrN...KfOIu8H90Zl1A-
Old 08-26-2024, 10:21 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercan collector View Post
Your a hater .. Bigfoot IS real , I had to quit eating Beef jerky because I didn’t wanna die
Thank you for not buying/eating that garbage. If you like meat from New Zealand or Brazil I guess it isn't that bad. Plus I can't say enough bad things about what they have done to our community. BLEEP Jack Links beef(LOL) jerky.
Old 08-26-2024, 01:34 PM

I used to see Bigfoots frequently, but once I stopped drinking they all disappeared. I'm out, but good luck with the group!
Old 08-26-2024, 02:22 PM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
i used to see bigfeet frequently, but once i stopped drinking they all disappeared. I'm out, but good luck with the group!
ftfy
Old 08-26-2024, 02:37 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
i used to see bigfoots frequently, but once i stopped drinking they all disappeared. I'm out, but good luck with the group!
🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-26-2024, 04:38 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Thank you for not buying/eating that garbage. If you like meat from New Zealand or Brazil I guess it isn't that bad. Plus I can't say enough bad things about what they have done to our community. BLEEP Jack Links beef(LOL) jerky.
This is actually a story I want to hear. tell us more about Jack's Links Jerky please. how did it destroy the midwest? In another thread if we aren't allowed to hijack this one.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 08-27-2024, 04:48 PM
D@le Irv*n

Nope, every square foot of the U.S., Canada and other countries around the world has been explored, surveyed and documented and is under constant surveillance, or on trail cams.

There still are relatively unexplored and remote areas in the US, particularly in wilderness regions and protected areas. However, it's essential to keep in mind that exploration is an ongoing process, and technology and interest in discovery continue to reveal new views of the country. Some examples of unexplored or lesser-known areas include:

Remote wilderness areas: Despite about 50 years of satellite mapping, the US is home to vast wilderness areas in Alaska, the 100 Mile Wilderness in Maine, and side canyons of the Grand Canyon, where rugged terrain and extreme weather conditions have limited human exploration and habitation. These regions remain primarily untouched and offer opportunities for scientific research and investigation.

https://blog.therainforestsite.great...rth-locations/

Just discovered in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVYJzq_ouE

Discovered in 1992.
https://amusementlogic.com/general-n...olved-mystery/

Am I saying Bigfoot exists? No, but I'm certainly not writing off the possibility.

Last edited by irv; 08-27-2024 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Nope, every square foot of the U.S., Canada and other countries around the world has been explored, surveyed and documented and is under constant surveillance, or trail cams.

There still are relatively unexplored and remote areas in the US, particularly in wilderness regions and protected areas. However, it's essential to keep in mind that exploration is an ongoing process, and technology and interest in discovery continue to reveal new views of the country. Some examples of unexplored or lesser-known areas include:

Remote wilderness areas: Despite about 50 years of satellite mapping, the US is home to vast wilderness areas in Alaska, the 100 Mile Wilderness in Maine, and side canyons of the Grand Canyon, where rugged terrain and extreme weather conditions have limited human exploration and habitation. These regions remain primarily untouched and offer opportunities for scientific research and investigation.

https://blog.therainforestsite.great...rth-locations/

Just discovered in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVYJzq_ouE

Discovered in 1992.
https://amusementlogic.com/general-n...olved-mystery/

Am I saying Bigfoot exists? No, but I'm certainly not writing off the possibility.
Granted, you're not going to stumble upon bigfoot in the wild. He's too wily for that. The idea is to spot him on security camera when he sneaks into town to get some jerky.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Granted, you're not going to stumble upon bigfoot in the wild. He's too wily for that. The idea is to spot him on security camera when he sneaks into town to get some jerky.
Nope, if they exist, I would assume they are pretty crafty/acclimated/masters of their domain to have never been seen or caught so far.

Just this year alone over a 100 new species have been discovered on earth, but yet some think and believe we know everything that exists/lives here because we've been here so long. In reality, we know SFA.
Just 10% of our oceans have ever been explored/surveyed and documented, and it will take decades, if not centuries, before all are. Just think what is out there currently that we know absolutely nothing about?
https://inaturalist.ca/posts/88215-n...corded-in-2024
https://oceanconservancy.org/blog/20...-the-deep-sea/
Old 08-27-2024, 08:42 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Nope, if they exist, I would assume they are pretty crafty/acclimated/masters of their domain to have never been seen or caught so far.

Just this year alone over a 100 new species have been discovered on earth, but yet some think and believe we know everything that exists/lives here because we've been here so long. In reality, we know SFA.
Just 10% of our oceans have ever been explored/surveyed and documented, and it will take decades, if not centuries, before all are. Just think what is out there currently that we know absolutely nothing about?
https://inaturalist.ca/posts/88215-n...corded-in-2024
https://oceanconservancy.org/blog/20...-the-deep-sea/
I'll bet a lot of those new species are a lot smaller than bigfoot (like insects, birds, and fish.) The oceans are, obviously, difficult to fully explore. With bigfoot, we're talking about a very large land creature that has supposedly been spotted in numerous regions of North America.

When humans can discover fossil evidence of hundreds of species that died out millions of years ago, wouldn't a single dead bigfoot show up somewhere, sometime by now?
Old 08-27-2024, 09:14 PM
Eric
E.ric Bau.mh0er

Instead of looking in the woods look in the ocean .
Probably a submarine full of them somewhere .
Old 08-28-2024, 09:17 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I'll bet a lot of those new species are a lot smaller than bigfoot (like insects, birds, and fish.) The oceans are, obviously, difficult to fully explore. With bigfoot, we're talking about a very large land creature that has supposedly been spotted in numerous regions of North America.

When humans can discover fossil evidence of hundreds of species that died out millions of years ago, wouldn't a single dead bigfoot show up somewhere, sometime by now?
One would think but how many dinosaurs have been discovered/unearthed in current thick forested areas?
If buried, or just dying on moist fertile soil, skeletons can complete dissolve/disintegrate in 20yrs or less.

After skeletonization, if scavenging animals do not destroy or remove the bones, acids in many fertile soils take about 20 years to completely dissolve the skeleton of mid- to large-size mammals, such as humans, leaving no trace of the organism.

One for the global warming zealots too.
More than 100 different species of dinosaurs have been found in Canada. Almost half of these were collected from Dinosaur Provincial Park, Alberta. During the Cretaceous period, Alberta was much warmer than it is today. Rich plant life supported herbaceous dinosaurs, which in turn supported carnivorous dinosaurs.

Last edited by irv; 08-28-2024 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2024, 07:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Just finished watching "The Proof is out There" season 2, episode 13 from 2021.
I can't find the whole vid/show anywhere without signing up to and buying a TV pkg but did manage to find this 3 minute clip.
Still not conclusive yet but with todays tech, they were able to slow, mix things to make a more clear, less shaky vid of the original, The Patterson-Gimlin vid, which opened many skeptics eyes.
Worth a watch, imo, for those that are able to watch the whole episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J4L...Jl_t3&index=24

Last edited by irv; 09-02-2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Swears

Last edited by tw685769; 09-04-2024 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Just finished watching "The Proof is out There" season 2, episode 13 from 2021.
I can't find the whole vid/show anywhere without signing up to and buying a TV pkg but did manage to find this 3 minute clip.
Still not conclusive yet but with todays tech, they were able to slow, mix things to make a more clear, less shaky vid of the original, The Patterson-Gimlin vid, which opened many skeptics eyes.
Worth a watch, imo, for those that are able to watch the whole episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J4L...Jl_t3&index=24
The guy in the suit has come forward years ago and confessed to the being the guy in the suit for the fake bigfoot film. The guy that "made" the film was a known fraudster. Weirdly people that want to believe in fake stuff can't be convinced it's fake and usually get mad about it when you try to tell them the truth. He has even passed a lie detector test. I saw this on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/125815632590
Old 09-04-2024, 09:52 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Bigfoot......naaaaa.

BUT, if you want to discuss Zombie Wolf's. I'm in...

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 09-04-2024, 09:58 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
Bigfoot......naaaaa.

BUT, if you want to discuss Zombie Wolf's. I'm in...

Have you ever see the TV series "Mountain Monsters"? They have a lot of different "monsters" on there. It is hilarious and way better than most of the beyond silly "reality/documentary" shows on the subject. It is even better than Ancient Aliens and if you can watch an episode of that without laughing so hard your gut hurts you don't know comedy.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:09 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Have you ever see the TV series "Mountain Monsters"? They have a lot of different "monsters" on there. It is hilarious and way better than most of the beyond silly "reality/documentary" shows on the subject. It is even better than Ancient Aliens and if you can watch an episode of that without laughing so hard your gut hurts you don't know comedy.
I have watched that, and it is entertaining. BUT, don't mess with Ancient Aliens and 'Big Hair Dude'. He is my hero...... ; - ). That show is very entertaining.

WE ARE NOT ALONE.....WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ALONE....

Please!!! I want to be alone.

So confusing. ROFL

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.