NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-17-2024, 02:22 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Large volume submission for grading - your advice?

I will be submitting a large volume (about 100) of cards soon to both SGC and to PSA for grading - most of these are prewar so I want to be careful about insurance, submission process, etc.

I would appreciate hearing from others when submitting larger quantities of cards for grading:

- would you send as one package or is there a benefit of breaking into smaller lots to spread the risk of loss?

- what insurance would you consider for the transport? Would hobby insurance alone (like CIS) be enough or would you also add any postal service coverage?

- and lastly, any advice of how to package the cards from the outside to limit the threat of theft or loss? I wish there was a nearby show soon where I could drop off to PSA and SGC but no such luck.

Thx for any advice on this.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2024, 02:31 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

How much are they worth, roughly?

And are they all standard size? Or do you have some oversize and jumbo stuff in there?

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 09-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
How much are they worth, roughly?

And are they all standard size? Or do you have some oversize and jumbo stuff in there?
Pretty valuable as a whole... and 95% are standard size
Old 09-17-2024, 03:10 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

I’ve used registered mail with USPS insurance a few times before. The rates are relatively economical. They do make you pack it up special and use the brown paper packing tape, which can be a pain.

If the value is that great, and you are feeling particularly paranoid, you could always just fly to a show where they are accepting submissions. I’ve also done that before where I didn’t want to take the chance.

Typically PSA will make you separate out the larger stuff into a separate submission because the price is higher for the big stuff. You can still ship multiple submissions in a single package though.

My experience is that PSA wants everything in card savers. And they want it in the order entered on your submission. Usually I will pack about 20-30 into a bubble mailer. And then label the outside of the bubble mailer with the line numbers from the submission. 4-5 of those bubble mailers can then fit just fine in a large USPS box.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 09-17-2024 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2024, 03:27 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Hit up Bobby (Member ID: bobbyw8469), because he's done a bazillion group subs for everyone and is always helpfully answering people's questions, so I'm sure he can offer a lot of insight about sending away large, valuable submissions.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.