NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-21-2024, 09:08 AM

Default Anyone here loves kitties as much as I do? You know, man's REAL best friend? :)

Hey guys, did you know that in addition to ballplayers there were trading cards (well I guess they could sort of qualify as trading cards? Cabinet cards maybe?) of other subjects during the '70s-'80s or so? Here is a small sample of some and you can easily google/wiki search for more examples. Oh, I guess I should mention that's EIGHTEEN-70s and 80s Yes, funny/lol cats go that far back! And yes some of the pics had funny captions on them as well!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/217298750740926166/

I was mainly wondering if any of the rest of you also love kitties...you know, man's REAL best friend?

So how did my becoming a cat daddy get started? It was in 2010 my wife insisted that she wanted a kitty but I was a bit skeptical of the idea. But she promised that she would be totally responsible for the cat and do all the feeding/watering/littering and so on. I even remember the first day she arrived (this is not my current cat Jamiee but the one before him named Tweetie, a gray tabby) and when I woke up from my sleep during the day (I worked overnight at the local Ragu factory at the time so of course I had to sleep during the day) and saw the gray figure running around and I was like, "I guess the cat is here now..."

But the thing is though, my wife was still recovering from her heart surgery at the time and thus sometimes had to go to the hospital...so guess who ended up having to feed/water/litter Tweetie? Then guess what happened? Apparently she saw that I was the one taking care of her and I guess she imprinted me instead! hee hee And then she did things like sleeping in my bed, wanting to be with me, doing that flirty face thing (you might know what I'm talking about), so she became a little daddy's girl and of course I couldn't just be rude about it ya know? And thus that's how I ended up being a "crazy cat lady" for life.

Sadly, Tweetie went to kitty heaven in August 2012 and a few weeks later we got my current cat Jamiee. The thing is we originally thought he was a girl and named her Amiee (I thought a "daddy's girl" cat would be the most affectionate/loving towards me you see) but then two weeks later the cat had to go to the vet for the first of three vet sessions you're supposed to do for a kitten (just old enough to have been weaned from mother at the time) and let's just say I found out from the vet why the supposed girl cat had a funny little bump on the tummy! Hint: It's not something a girl cat has!!!

True I did originally want a daddy's girl but I thought back to that scene in the Ten Commandments movie and figured, I had already had bonded with the (now found out) little guy for a couple weeks and really, what change was there in him? Boy or girl he was still my best buddy...same ears, same whiskers, same paws, same tail...same beautiful golden blonde hair.

For the first few days we had Jamiee he was afraid of me and liked my wife Denise...but I guess when he discovered I was the one feeding/watering/littering him (my wife is severely disabled so it's just a lot easier for me to do those things) I guess he figured I'm not such a bad guy and started bonding with and becoming fond of me! In fact, my wife now thinks the cat is obsessed with me (hee hee)!

Bottom line is, I think cats are the kindest, gentlest, most beautiful, adorable, and graceful of all of God's creatures. And what I love most about them is that even as adults they're still just as sweet and cute As long as you treat them right and give them lots of loving you'll have a very best friend, pal, little buddy for many years to come! I think it's especially beautiful when you're in bed and they leap up in bed and walk all on top of you and snuggle up next to you.

I think I saw on a late 70s card that read that a player raises Persian cats and I was wondering if the backs of any cards mention the player liking/having cats?
Old 09-21-2024, 10:00 AM
mͺttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Yup, I love cats too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2024-09-21 at 8.59.06 AM.jpg (65.6 KB, 98 views)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-21-2024, 10:46 AM

You know those old time early 1900s sets of attractive women are pretty fascinating too! And this adorable Sesame Street sketch has many postcards and such that I wonder if you can find/track down on Ebay and such somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsG5FdGLMPY
Old 09-21-2024, 04:36 PM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

bump to the top!
Old 09-23-2024, 05:11 AM

I had to put my girl down last week. She was 13.Very sad experience holding her while she took her last breath.

In other cat news, this is a video where 3 Kern County deputies killed a cat for their amusement. Some little kids pet didn't make it home that day because of these 3 psychopaths.
The sheriff then covered it up instead of arresting them for animal cruelty.

California Penal Code [CPC] §597(a) – Animal Cruelty – Penal Code §597(a) makes it a crime to intentionally maim, mutilate, torture, wound, or kill a living animal. Violation of CPC §597(a) can result in three years in a state prison, a fine of up to $20,000, or both a prison term and a fine.

https://www.facebook.com/therealpaul...8/?__tn__=%2CO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG4483.jpg (184.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-23-2024, 09:12 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtiques View Post
I had to put my girl down last week. She was 13.Very sad experience holding her while she took her last breath.

In other cat news, this is a video where 3 Kern County deputies killed a cat for their amusement. Some little kids pet didn't make it home that day because of these 3 psychopaths.

California Penal Code [CPC] §597(a) – Animal Cruelty – Penal Code §597(a) makes it a crime to intentionally maim, mutilate, torture, wound, or kill a living animal. Violation of CPC §597(a) can result in three years in a state prison, a fine of up to $20,000, or both a prison term and a fine.

Very sorry for your loss. I know I have cried like a baby every single time I have lost a pet.
Old 09-24-2024, 06:30 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtiques View Post

Sorry for your loss.
It's something that never gets easier.
We currently have 2 little varmints. One, the white one, I refer to as the Turkish terror as he can be a PITA in times. We just currently discovered that he has now learned to open the sliding glass door screen by hooking the screen itself and opening it. Twice, within minutes, he scooted out on us. We keep him on a leash/tether as he wants to climb the fence and enter other people's backyards.
The other one, a black Nebelung, is the complete opposite. Just one of those cats that's as good as gold and never causes us any grief. His character/mannerisms are something special, and based on what we've read about the breed, this is the way they are. Can't seem to keep his tongue in a times though. LOL.
(Cannot open your link. It would infuriate me and I'd want to bring harm to those bastards. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20240821_12_35_28_Pro.jpg (197.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20240206_19_19_18_Pro.jpg (199.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20230911_19_13_24_Pro - Copy.jpg (112.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20230905_22_03_56_Pro - Copy.jpg (235.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-24-2024, 12:32 PM

Thank you both for your kind words.

Here's a couple of links for the cat killing cops of Kern County. it's disgusting what they're trying to get away with.

https://youtu.be/IncYbjyYul4

https://www.kget.com/video/deputy-sh...losed/9961353/