NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 09-22-2024, 04:36 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default What dose everyone here think of Victor Wembanyama and his cards?

So I went to the Card show in Philly this weekend and felt like Baseball and Football dominated most of the tables and sales I saw. I know that Topps issued a chrome Basketball set for the first time in a few years ( since they lost the NBA license) and that Victor Wembanyama has signed auto's for the product. I don't collect Modern Basketball cards very much and am confused by most Panini issues. So I bought a couple boxes to crack. And got a Victor base and a subset refractor. I looked online and saw that there are 4 different refractor included depending on what type of box you open. Pink Green blue orange. And then there is rhe base card refractor. Sometimes referred to as silver. Based on cards available the silver looked like the one least available so I bid on a couple and won one for about $100 all in. And thinking of buying some more base cards in the $20 range. Anyone else putting Victor away. Looks like the real deal to me on the court.
Or anyone got a better choice for a base card to put away?
Old 09-23-2024, 01:44 PM
Dave

I get e-mails from my Topps Now account, so when his 1st round draft pick card came out I picked up a bunch of them, even though that's not really my wheelhouse.

I liked that it was his very 1st Topps card with the "RC" designation on it. He had one issued slightly earlier, where he threw out the 1st pitch at a Yankee game, but it didn't have an "RC" on it, and I wasn't a fan of the pose (even though I'm a Yankee fan).

I think everybody else was thinking the same, so they made a ton of them that week.

I sent a few in to get graded, and they came back as I had hoped. They don't really sell for much, because they printed a lot of them, but I still like them a bit.

In hindsight, I wish I had picked up a few more of his later, more attractive Topps Now releases when they first came out.

I think most of the Autograph and fancier releases, the price is already baked in for him to become a dominant superstar.

He's the real deal, as long as he stays healthy.
So what is it good for?
Old 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
anyone got a better choice for a base card to put away?
The standard for rookie collecting in modern basketball has been the Panini prism issues. Not prism draft or any of the other issues, Panini Prism in the NBA uniform. His top base rc is considered by most bball collectors as 2023-24 Panini Prizm Victor Wembanyama #136. A base is fairly inexpensive, the silver refractor is the most collectible but you will pay up.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 09-23-2024, 05:29 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Thanks Justin !! A big help. I might shop around for a silver prisim #136. I do like the Topps Chrome have a base and Refractor. I might throw out some bids on a numbered refractor. Gonna stay away from the pink green blue and orange refractor they seem to plentiful vs the standard refractor. And yes the Auto's are to pricey for me as well.