NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

Default PSA help?

This got accidentally posted on the BST...

As someone who collects premiums and supplements mainly, I like to have as many graded as I can. This is because as much as I am a collector at heart - I also have an investment. Grading is a great way to protect them for me.
There are several premium or supplements sets that were never cataloged. They are recognized by OldCardboard and various other hobby sites, but because they are not cataloged, PSA won't touch them. I have emailed a few times with PSA, but ultimately Net54, OldCardboard etc. just doesn't registered with PSA as "recognized" authorities to establish a checklist or credible info to grade them. Has anyone had any luck with something like this before? I have tried to supply PSA with all of the names I can think from this board that are actually mentioned in the Standard Catalog pages. Enough rambling - anyone have any insights or suggestions?
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

Default " Specs " guys at PSA need to be made aware :

Quote:
Originally Posted by trib01 View Post
This got accidentally posted on the BST...

As someone who collects premiums and supplements mainly, I like to have as many graded as I can. This is because as much as I am a collector at heart - I also have an investment. Grading is a great way to protect them for me.
There are several premium or supplements sets that were never cataloged. They are recognized by OldCardboard and various other hobby sites, but because they are not cataloged, PSA won't touch them. I have emailed a few times with PSA, but ultimately Net54, OldCardboard etc. just doesn't registered with PSA as "recognized" authorities to establish a checklist or credible info to grade them. Has anyone had any luck with something like this before? I have tried to supply PSA with all of the names I can think from this board that are actually mentioned in the Standard Catalog pages. Enough rambling - anyone have any insights or suggestions?

I had submitted this Worch Monty Stratton to PSA Grading and it was returned as seen above " No Grad" due to no " specs" at their offices.

So I went in person to their booth at the next Philly Show with the copy of Sports Cards Digest magazine which had an article ( by the great Bob Lemke) with pictures discussing the Worch Cigar Set and how to identify them . I waited patiently to speak with the oldest male ( very important) manning the PSA tables and showed him my returned holder and the appropriate paragraphs in the article and he nodded and said he was sorry and that he would see to it that it was accepted and graded by the Specs Guys back in Cali and of course no further charges. And he did.

So you need to go to their closest show and politely find an old guy. Maybe just an anecdote , but it can be done . Good luck and keep us in the loop , okay ? Regards , buena suerte amigo , MikeGarcia

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Makes sense....I have tried repeatedly to get in touch with someone of authority at PSA with no luck at all. Like most companies they have a wall that is built for people like me LOL
I would understand if there was no information out there at all, but in one case I had the checklist, the envelop they came in and 4 or 5 other collectors with the same exact thing. I did submit an article from OldCardboard and prewar site with photos and checklist to accompany the request as well. The evidence wasn't overwhelming enough for them. So I will try your approach - find the closest show.
Thanks.