NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Bobby Binder

Here is what I have Leon:

Leon,

We tried to add your current auction to our system and Seth is playing the extortionist again. Maybe you can talk some sense in him?

Aloha,

Bobby

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: RE: B&L Feed
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:06:46 -0700
To: bobbyvcp@gmail.com

----- Forwarded message from seth@createauction.com -----
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:56:21 -0400
Reply-To: seth@createauction.com
Subject: RE: B&L Feed
To: 'Carlos Cespedes'

Carlos,
http://createauctionfeeds.com/feeds/blfall2011.xml

For feeds moving forward there will be a fee of $100 to your company. If
you need it on a rush basis (within 24 hours) there will be a rush fee of
$25.00

_____

Seth Nagdeman

The Leading Online Auction Service Provider
www.createauction.com
voice (888) 340-9903 x85
seth@createauction.com

Hi Seth,

Can I get the feed for B&L

Thanks,

Carlos Cespedes

Sports Card Price Guide & Marketplace

http://www.VintageCardPrices.com
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Bobby Binder

Then instead of even trying to talk to Seth you sent me an email saying you would not pay the fee so you wont be a part of VCP or something of that nature. When all you needed to do was talk to Seth and say something like we really want the feed to VCP and if you cant provide it then our next auction we will move to Simple. I am sure he would of gladly taken the minute it takes to provide the feed instead of risk losing a customer.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
Then instead of even trying to talk to Seth you sent me an email saying you would not pay the fee so you wont be a part of VCP or something of that nature. When all you needed to do was talk to Seth and say something like we really want the feed to VCP and if you cant provide it then our next auction we will move to Simple. I am sure he would of gladly taken the minute it takes to provide the feed instead of risk losing a customer.
This was my mistake Bobby. I misunderstood the situation and you are correct. It was our s/w provider requesting to be paid. That being said I don't think Scott and I want to pay for the service, regardless of who is charging the fee. At the end of the day it's less data on your site though. I do use VCP I just wish there were more recorded sales, for whatever reason. regards
Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This was my mistake Bobby. I misunderstood the situation and you are correct. It was our s/w provider requesting to be paid. That being said I don't think Scott and I want to pay for the service, regardless of who is charging the fee. At the end of the day it's less data on your site though. I do use VCP I just wish there were more recorded sales, for whatever reason. regards
Just switch over to Simple for your next auction and the problem is solved. You can see there are a few others here that use him with no worries.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well,...

Quote:
Just switch over to Simple for your next auction and the problem is solved. You can see there are a few others here that use him with no worries.
Bob is a very nice guy and runs a good company. Seth is a nice guy and has given us very good service and we are staying the course. Once again, my apology for my misapprehension of the emails a month or so ago.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Pup6913

Quote:

Why should any auction house have to switch providers. Doesn't my membership fee well cover the cost of that charge. Now you said there are 3000+ members so money is not an excuse. That should be taken care of out of that membership fee we all pay. Just my 2 cent worth.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
[B][U]At the end of the day it's less data on your site though. I do use VCP I just wish there were more recorded sales, for whatever reason. regards
For $100 you can have more recorded sales and referrals to your auction for 3500+ wantlists. It only takes one extra bid to pay for that $100 service. And the more info there, the better for the hobby (Some dealers may disagree.). Leon, you are a great hobby friend. I'm just sayin'...
JimB
Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
For $100 you can have more recorded sales and referrals to your auction for 3500+ wantlists. It only takes one extra bid to pay for that $100 service. And the more info there, the better for the hobby (Some dealers may disagree.). Leon, you are a great hobby friend. I'm just sayin'...
JimB
Jim- yes you are a good friend. Is there some part of "agreed...we will continue the service....." that you need help understanding?....just sayin'...

Last edited by Leon; 10-28-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Steve Murray

"...agreed...we will continue the service....."

Sorry, but I interpreted this as continuing Seth's service. Maybe Jim did too.

Last edited by Jacklitsch; 10-28-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
"...agreed...we will continue the service....."

Sorry, but I interpreted this as continuing Seth's service. Maybe Jim did too.
Maybe so and if that is the case then my mistake....however the rest of the message said this-

"After a high level meeting this morning we have decided to continue the service. It certainly had nothing to do with the $100 in our decision. It was more principle of being asked to do something we had never done AND We didn't know it was our s/w provider that was asking for the fee as mentioned above. We will talk to Bobby about it going forward. If it helps our bidders and/or consignors then we want to do it."

I guess I should add that I had already said we weren't changing s/w vendors for our auction. Maybe I am not communicating well again though?

Last edited by Leon; 10-28-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: toned down a little bit :)