NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Likely to be Sold...Then Out of Business? - Part 2

Posted By: David M

I'm only paranoid because everyone is against me!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

When I have more time I wanted to respond to some questions, but David's question prompted me to jump in right now.

There is no reason to be concerned with submissions to PSA right now. Worst-case, they have plenty of cash to last over a year. Any business decision will be made well before they run out and will be orderly so as to NOT affect customers. Plus, no matter what, any submissions remain the property of the submitter.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

There is no reason to be concerned about PSA. They will survive the onslaught of this current economic situation. I might also add that i speculated about gold and silver months ago and knew they would both roll. I bought in when gold was at 780 a ounce and silver was at 10.15, currenty gold is at 998.00 and silver around 14.50. Forget about the doom and gloom just continue to buy strong graded cards and jump on the silver gold train because it is picking up speed.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Marshall- it's doom and gloom that causes precious metals to rise. When gold approaches $1000 an ounce, that is not good for anyone except those holding it.

When the economy is strong gold sells for $300-400 an ounce.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

I agree with you Barry hence my statement forget about the doom and gloom and buy silver and gold. By the way there is alot more to it than that in regards to why silver and gold are rolling. If you are on the inside track then you know there is going to be news in the next 6 to 12 months that will make silver and gold look like they have a turbo gear. My seat belt is buckled and my position is strong so keep the green plus going baby (-:

Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

No need to engage in freeform anxiety games about meteorites hitting trucks in NJ; just buy an insurance policy on your cards and worry about more important things...like getting more cards....

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

How did you make out with part 1?

Steve

Old 02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Red

A meteorite might be considered an act of god and your insurance wouldn't cover it.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Eric....after speaking with Joe i found this post to be quite interesting. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=692768&highlight _key=y&keyword1=a%20message%20

Old 02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Marshall, that was a good post in response to my Part 1 thread. Joe Orlando is a wonderful spokesman and tremendous advocate for his company. When PSA gets sold, I would suggest he buy it.

But I am very good at reading financial statements and there are some major "spins" in what he said. The greatest of which is the profitability of the various divisions. You can't state that when you only go down to the Operating Income level which doesn't include SG&A.

Besides, the key statement I was making is the health of CLCT which will cause the sale of PSA. I just feel that when that occurs, the new owners may run it differently which will cause a certain chain of events. If the right buyer comes around and fixes some problems, it can last a long time.

But the economy has made things worse. I bet submissions made the last couple months, which will show up in next quarter's statments, will be down again.

Plus you can't spin the CLCT Deferred Tax Asset valuation allowance.