NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default National Network54 Dinner night

Posted By: scott brockelman

yes, absolutely. if they have the valor to make the trip to chicago, they are either extremely bored or know exactly what they are getting into. we have had several significant others at each dinner.

scott

Old 04-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Koyama

Vintage newbie here. Man, I can't believe I'm going to miss this cool event. I hope you guys have this same type of dinner next year when the National comes out my way to Anaheim. I can't wait to meet all of you vintage guru's/crazies. I've learned sooooo much from this board.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Steinmetz

I'm not really a contributor on this board (and I don't collect vintage cards), but I "lurk" on this board regularly. The information exchanged here is incredible, and I truly enjoy reading your posts. With all that said, you guys might want to consider checking into the RAM Brewery in Rosemont. The food is great, the prices are reasonable, and they have a good size "back room" that you might be able to get blocked off for the group. It's about 1 mile from the convention center.

I hope this helps...have fun!

Old 04-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

I'm with Scott (including the volunteering of Leon ). The group is getting larger every year, I think our priority is to sit around and talk about cards, not being rushed. The food is a low priority. Some sort of private room in a hotel might work best.

edited by leon ....how dare you post my thought first ??

Old 04-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

After Harry Carey's phone didn't work the lady took my name and number and told me (twice) she would walk over and have someone call me right back. I waited...and waited. No call. Pizza or whatever sounds fine to me. It's way more about chatting and a good venue than eating anyway. I eat (too much) everday but I don't get to hang out with guys that collect pictures of other guys that often Wives and significant others are more than welcome, imo too. Let's continue the quest....regards...ps..will check out the other recommendations too.....

Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Regarding spouses maybe we can put them in a seperate room.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

Look forward to seeing everyone ...... Brian H.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

For those of us that can't make it, would enjoy seeing a group picture posted after the event (with names maybe).

P.S. and a bunch of pictures of the spouses!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Where is Pete C. for a suggestion? He took a few of us to a bar after the show and I got a free t-shirt because they didn't like the fact I had a tank top on with my arm pit hairs showing. Still have the shirt, It reads "Do not take Home" not exactly a great shirt to wear in a bar for a single guy, but if does fit.

Have you looked into the RAM Brewery suggested above? I also vote for reasonable meal, I am always up for a good sausage or gyro.

Still plan on going but we are planning on opening our new bowling center Aug. 1st so hopefully I will get a couple of days there to check it all out.

Lee

Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andrew

It has been said previously by a few others but I also am a newbie on this board but not new to collecting. Since I am a local and plan on calling in sick.....I mean taking personal time from work and being at the convention for 3 days, please count me in.

The suggestions I have heard for Ram are good and also Lou Malnotti's for pizza are also good. Heck as far as I am concerned we could go to the local dog joint and have a beef or a few dogs!! Either way it will be fun.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Geno

I'm no artist, but the Chicago Art Museum is very cool and worth seeing. It's on Michigan Avenue, just south of the Magnificient Mile, so shopping and spending is very close at hand...

The other museums are cool too, especially Science and Industry - it always made me want a huge train set as a kid. They have free days at each museum during the week, so I would avoid going on the day that it is free, otherwise it is a mad house. If you really want to impress the missus, take her to dinner on top of the Hancock Tower - great view!

I moved away when I joined the Air Force in 1990 - man, do I miss that town...

Cheers,
Geno

Old 04-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

How about a restaurant in a nearby hotel. I'm sure they have private rooms available, as with any decent hotel with restaurants near the airport. This way, we could avoid a room rental fee and go with a restaurant but one with a large enough private room?

Food might not be great, but I'm sure we could find a restaurant with enough space in one of the hotels within walking distance of the center (I think they call it a skywalk that connects five hotels with the center)...

Old 04-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

I will bring the spouse, but PLEASE no one mention how much I actually spend on ebay.