NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
And.rew Whi.te

As for the other 4 or 5, or 1000... or the $200, $500, or soon to be $10,000 deal I didn't follow through on... complete and total lies!

Well Mike I have been following this saga on both boards and I am now feeling compelled to respond. I have not been ripped off or anything like that but your comment above is not totally true.

I did send you about 400 2001 and 2002 Topps Heritage baseball cards back in November of 2008. I had receipts (and still do)and I do believe delivery confirmation on the rather large box but you stated to me that you never received these cards. Now these were sent for "you and the boys" and I did do it because I wanted to and never expected anything in return. It did really bother me that these cards were not received and I felt terrible to think that you might have thought I lied about sending them. So much so I even PM'ed you a copy of the receipt to prove my mailing. I was preparing a new box to send to you because I felt bad but as of yet have not figured out where I placed the remaining heritage cards so the box was not sent yet.

While I am not saying you ripped me off and I know the post office does lose items, I am saying that the 4-5 people on the PSA boards that sent you stuff and "it was never received" sure sends some red flags up...I would think even you can see my point on this.

Again, not saying you ripped me off but I think there is cause for concern and
to say this statement "As for the other 4 or 5, or 1000... or the $200, $500, or soon to be $10,000 deal I didn't follow through on... complete and total lies!" is not totally true

You have done nothing to dispel the issues about the non-deliveries. Have you talked to the postmaster in your area to tell him that you dont get a majority of your mail? Have you talked to them to find out how they can lose a 500 count card box placed inside a rather large brown box that was sent to you??

Alot of board members did something out of the goodness of their heart and wanted to help someone who we, well I felt was not well off financially get a solid start on collecting with his kids. Looking at the photos you showed on the PSA boards its obvious you have a real nice collection of graded cards. I am just feeling a little "taken" here if it is found out to be true that these cards were actually received. I dont have alot but I like to help others and I will really be disappointed if it comes out that I was lied to.

I think you owe it to at least 4-5 of us that sent you stuff and never expected anything in return, an explaination on why these cards were "never received".
Old 09-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I have to agree

I have to agree that if there is a loss of more than 1 item in a short period of time (say about a year) then there is reason to be concerned. I am still waiting to hear something about that aspect of this whole mess. I guess I do about 200-400 shipments (sending and receiving) a year and in 15 yrs have probably had about 1-2 items lost.....It very rarely happens, is my observation. I would like to hear more on these shipments that never got received... regards
Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 AM

whitehse,

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up in so many threads, what are you looking for from me?

Last year you offered to send us some cards and as we discussed so many times in your PM that we never received any. How is this a scam or rip-off, what would be the purpose to us claiming not to have received anything from you?

We never complained to you or thought you were not telling the truth in your PM messages, but still you feel a need to make such accusations over and over again-why? You state that you sent us some cards and have proof that we received them... and I state that is not the case. Feel free to post your proof that we received them, otherwise let it go as we did last year.

We thanked you for trying to help us, what more do you want from us?

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Leon,

We have made hundreds of trades & purchases with with fellow PSA & N54 board members over the years and I still feel the only legitimate non-delivery item resulted in my loss of the cards, $25 cash and a $25 graded card... I never blamed the sender in any way, didn't ask for a thing (nor did he offer any) I consider this matter closed and I thought the sender did as well.

How is this a an issue at all now and why has one person who has nothing to do with this made so much of it?

Mike

PS: not that it matters, but this issue and the one about us losing the cards, money & graded card (sent as part of the deal) both occurred last year and neither person took me up on my offer to settle any gripe they had with me. Instead they just joined the stone throwing and passed on their side of the story without mentioning all the facts.

Last edited by sfmays24; 09-15-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added PS
Old 09-15-2009, 11:34 AM

sfmays24, I would like to hear more about the $500 set of cards that was sent for your approval and then if it was to your liking you would remit payment for it. That was a large amount of trust on the sender's part, and it is the contention of some that the sender has proof of delivery, but you claim not to have received that set either.

I always like to hear both sides of a story.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmays24 View Post
whitehse,

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up in so many threads, what are you looking for from me?

Last year you offered to send us some cards and as we discussed so many times in your PM that we never received any. How is this a scam or rip-off, what would be the purpose to us claiming not to have received anything from you?

We never complained to you or thought you were not telling the truth in your PM messages, but still you feel a need to make such accusations over and over again-why? You state that you sent us some cards and have proof that we received them... and I state that is not the case. Feel free to post your proof that we received them, otherwise let it go as we did last year.

We thanked you for trying to help us, what more do you want from us?

Mike

I never said this was a rip off and I never said that you did not think I was telling the truth or wanted any more from you. I felt bad that a father and his sons who are trying to start a collection did not receive the cards that I had sent. Nothing more...nothing less.

I do think that you owe the people who sent you stuff that was lost in the mail at least a minimal effort on your part to investigate this on your end. I checked with my postmaster and as far as he found out the package was delivered but you state it wasnt. The only thing I would like from you is to find out from your postmaster why you are having such issues getting your mail and if they have any packages that are undeliverable laying around. A little effort on your end would have gone a long way to make us feel that you have a crappy PO and not something else.

As to what else I want from you...nothing more than the information I listed above. As to why you might do something like this...I really have no idea but as I said before.....too many lost packages does make a person wonder what the deal is.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM

nam812,

Some 5 1/2 years ago I sold a $2000 item to a board member, payment was received and item delivered.

Approx 1/2 year or so later, I inquired about a card he discussed in a thread and asked if it was for sale (and a scan)... he sent me a scan and told me he would sell it to me, but only if I purchased others as well. I asked for scans for those and never received any after 2-3 weeks of waiting. He contacted me and offered to send the cards and I told him that wasn't necessary, that scans will do. A few weeks later he asked about them and I told him that I still haven't received anything (cards or scans)... that was the last I heard of this matter until a couple of weeks ago (some 4-5 years later).

Once again, this person never took me up on my offer to settle any gripes and failed to mention all the facts when he spoke of this matter... once again, I'd like very much to see such proof of shipment/delivery to me and am more than willing to do what I can to make this right need be.

However, since I know that such items were never received and that the $200-$300 deal has now become a $500 deal (and perhaps grow the next time the story is told), what am I suppose to do?

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 PM

You stated we have made slanderous remarks about you.Not once have you denied solicating handouts or that you have a big problem with items being delivered(be it because of the PO or you).So explain to me again how my remarks were uncalled for?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:08 PM

whitehse,

Please forward the proof you speak about, that shows items were received from you and I will file a complaint with the Post Office. Why you didn't do this or contact me when I made an open offer to everyone, is something I'll never understand.

As for other issues you talk about, I have addressed them here and tried to on more than one occasion elsewhere ...which just led to the very angry member to post more untrue accusations, each more outrageous than the last, you cannot reason or have a mature dialog with such a person.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Mike

Quote:
whitehse,

Please forward the proof you speak about, that shows items were received from you and I will file a complaint with the Post Office. Why you didn't do this or contact me when I made an open offer to everyone, is something I'll never understand.

As for other issues you talk about, I have addressed them here and tried to on more than one occasion elsewhere ...which just led to the very angry member to post more untrue accusations, each more outrageous than the last, you cannot reason or have a mature dialog with such a person.

Mike
Hey Mike
So it is your contention there has only been 1 lost package? It seems that there are more people saying it than 1?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 PM

justmike,

As stated in this thread, I did indeed reply to the accusations which simply led to more outrageous lies... you may believe that I do collect with my Kids (as so many others do), or you may not... that's your choice, but to make accusations that I do not and are somehow cheating folks is not okay (or accurate).

One last point, the sets we worked on and completed are raw mid-grade (EX or so) cards, they do not have much value as some have claimed other than pure enjoyment that some folks can't seem to understand. In addition, only some 20% or so of the cards were offered to us as gifts and done so by nice collectors... the rest was obtained via trade or purchases. Why some people think this is some how a scam or dishonest I cannot understand.

Am I the only collector who has built sets this way? Is there no one out there who has traded, purchased, sent or received free cards in the past?

All our post are offers to trade period... if someone send us a card and asks for nothing in return we find that to be very kind and generous (and express so each and every time) and the same goes for our trades.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM

We've all made mistakes. But you should know better after running this forum all these years about over reacting to an email. You should have emailed me first!!

Read your own words - He has registered with the name of Bob Rund. It seems as he is having some difficulties on the Collectors Universe board so I just want to alert our members to be careful too.

You are alerting the board about me without getting my side??

I enjoy most post on this board and I don't need you starting trouble.

Get over Leon you made a mistake.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Mike
So it is your contention there has only been 1 lost package? It seems that there are more people saying it than 1?
Leon,

The package he(supposedly) sent me was lost in the mail. I filed a paypal claim and they ruled in my favor but Mike closed his account so I didnt get a refund. He got my address from paypal when I sent him payment. So his excuse of not having the right address is WRONG. Where there is smoke there is fire, This baby is FLAMING!!!!

Best answer is probably for all of us to contact the post office in his town.

Kirk
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Hi Barry,

I was doing great until this morning.

How are are you doing? Are you getting excited about your Yankees?

Bob.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM

Leon,

There is only one that I can verify... Bobafett72 (who was banned on the PSA Forum and later signed up with a new user ID IchiroDeported) provided a DC number for me to verify last year.

The others mentioned (one last year and one some 4-5 years ago), I cannot verify to consider them the same as above. However, each posted they have proof of delivery... I will check with the Post Office/file complaint when such proof is provided. What else can I do?

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Matt Wieder

Mike - how many packages that others have claimed they sent to you didn't make it?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Hi Bill,

Hornsby could have and did sign his 1961 Topps card. There was a PSA/DNA signed 1961 Hornsby on Ebay last year. I wish I had bid on it.

I've been working on my signed 1961 set since 1988.

If anyone has any authentic signed 1961 Topps cards LMK.

Bob.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Taxman,

Why can't you just stick to the truth in this matter? The USPS website indicated that the package could not be delivered to the address you provided, you have to DC # and know this already... in addition, you know that the package was sent to the Mail Facility. You stated that I never sent you anything, or that I closed my account-both untrue.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
qu@n nguy3n

if the packages are miraculously found maybe you and your sons should put some up for auction...and give 50% to a charity, MS would be my choice.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM

Matt,

The answer is zero... I can only verify one as mentioned and eagerly await info to check on the other two.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
justmike,

Am I the only collector who has built sets this way? Is there no one out there who has traded, purchased, sent or received free cards in the past?

Mike
I have built many sets and no none were built for free.Keep in mind I was one of the people who sent you free cards.
Mike

chaddurbin,

If any are found, they will be returned unopened... I await the proof to do my part on this end.

Mike
K1rk K3ith

Default Mike

Date Posted: Feb/11/2009 9:43 AM
That's the address I used... do you want me to ask them to send you the items?

Copy of your CU pm about the address. AGAIN, you got my address from paypal. I have bought numerous items on this board and EBAY using paypal and they supplied the same address as I gave to you.

Kirk
Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Matt,

The answer is zero... I can only verify one as mentioned and eagerly await info to check on the other two.

Mike
I didn't ask how many you have verified. I presume before people send you something they speak with you via email to discuss what they are sending and get your address? I'm asking how many times have people said they would send you some cards and you never got the package?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 PM

justmike,

Believe what you will, our sets are not built for free... do you not believe the folks who have replied stating they sold or traded cards with us?

Did we not thank you for any cards you sent us, what are you looking for from me?

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Taxman,

I used the address you provided and you verified that fact, you also know that what I wrote is true... it is not my opinion, but the USPS noted on their website that the package could not be delivered to the address you provided. I asked you if you wanted me to contact the mail facility once they process the package to then have it sent to you... I concluded that you did not once you filed a paypal claim.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Matt,

Sorry, misunderstood your question... the answer is 3 in 7 years.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:47 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Mike

Mike,

I verified Paypal's address supplied to you after the mail was lost was in deed my address. It seems you know how to operate the Postal system in order to get free items or payments.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
whitehse,

Mike
In an effort to no longer clog up this thread with the ole' he said..he said....I forwarded the information and receipts that I have to Leon in a PM. I am backing out of this thread now as I never was actually "ripped off" but feel something is not quite right.

I will leave others to sort it out.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM

Taxman,

What, are you kidding?

This is why I gave up on the previous PSA threads, I point out the missing facts to accusations that only lead to more ridiculous allegations.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM

sfmays24, in my post to you I said it was a "set" of cards that was said to have been delivered to you, not a high value graded card or two. Are you saying that no one has ever sent you a $500 set of cards (approx value) for you to approve first and send payment later if you liked it?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Barry Sloate

Hi Bob- yes, excited about the Yankees, but not so excited about this thread. I don't understand why this lengthy and complicated issue has to be aired in public like this. Can't the parties involved work it out themselves?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 PM

nam812,

Based on the info I read about in all the threads over the past few weeks, I concluded that you were talking about the issue I addressed in my last reply to you... I have nothing more to add and await the proof you or someone else has that shows such delivery of items/set.

If you are asking if there is another set/deal, then the answer is no.

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 PM

So you never had a deal in the works for a 1969 Topps 4 in 1 football set to be sent to you for you to look over and then possibly purchase if you approved of the set?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:10 PM

I agree Barry, it should have been handled behind closed doors via email.

I'm hoping my SF Giants somehow get there.

Good luck with your Yankees.

Bob.

Last edited by mays-24; 09-15-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I have a baseball signed both by Calvin Cooledge and Mother Teressa. The ink seems the same although I guess it could have been signed at two seperate times. What do you guys think?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Mike

Thats a nice ball. If you sell it to Mike be sure and hand deliver it.

Kirk

Last edited by Taxman; 09-15-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Proper English
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Mike--Thanks for the tip. I have one for you--proper English is "if you sell", not "if you sale".
Old 09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Rich Klein

Default To answer Bill Hedin's question

The 1973 Clemente is not possible to have been signed. I opened packs from my grocery store in 1973; and those cards were not even in the store until early March.

Rich
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM
banned
Bi.ll Hol.ler

This is rather simple now.

Three people have replied to this thread saying they did not receive the promised items from Mike or the items they sent "disappeared" despite proof that they were delivered.

Mike has admitted to a 4th. The deal with Bobafett.

The $500 set in question was also delivered to Mike's house even though he claims it wasn't. I was only informed of this deal through PM's on the CU board by a very well respected forum user and collector.

Mike's explanation is just another lie that he contiues to try and make people here believe.

That makes at least 4 packages that were delivered to Mike with proof of delivery and he claims he didn't receive. Plus one package that he kept the $25 and ran.

In 9 years of selling on eBay, I have only had 1 item that truly was lost in the mail. Just these that were proven here is 5 to or from Mike's house in 1 year.

Yet, still no explanation as to how this could be possible.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Bill

Very well summarized!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:48 PM

There is only 1 that I can verify via USPS DC #, this is not a new issue at all. It is the same one brought up over and over again by the same unhappy person who seems to have nothing better to do than cause trouble... I'm the only one who lost out on this deal and after nearly a year don't consider it a issue any longer.

The other two possible issues have been discussed here and I am awaiting the proof that shows I receive them (they were never received).

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mays-24 View Post
We've all made mistakes. But you should know better after running this forum all these years about over reacting to an email. You should have emailed me first!!

Read your own words - He has registered with the name of Bob Rund. It seems as he is having some difficulties on the Collectors Universe board so I just want to alert our members to be careful too.

You are alerting the board about me without getting my side??

I enjoy most post on this board and I don't need you starting trouble.

Get over Leon you made a mistake.
Bob,

Go back and re-read the whole thread. Leon was very cautious about what he said. He made no accusations. He offered to let anyone who wanted come on the board and explain. You did that just fine. Your good reputation is intact. Hell, being a friend of Barry's will do that for you on this board.

In addition Leon apologized in two different threads (#5 and #14), if it was two different people.

The person in question was in the middle of a couple of deals involving board members. There was a need to get that info out, and Leon did it in a timely manner. When he was wrong on one point, he apologized, immediately.

I'd say, let it go.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

This thread is a joke and a waste of time and should be locked (please). I do not know any of the parties involved so I have no axe to grind one way or another...but it seems that certain people have joined this forum specifically to carry on a beef from another website.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
banned
Bi.ll Hol.ler

Quote:
There is only 1 that I can verify via USPS DC #, this is not a new issue at all. It is the same one brought up over and over again by the same unhappy person who seems to have nothing better to do than cause trouble... I'm the only one who lost out on this deal and after nearly a year don't consider it a issue any longer.

The other two possible issues have been discussed here and I am awaiting the proof that shows I receive them (they were never received).

Mike
WOW!! All the eveidence is in this thread along with the 1 you admitted to. Why are you still denying it?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 PM

sfmays24 you did not respond to my comment so I will repeat it for you:

So you never had a deal in the works for a 1969 Topps 4 in 1 football set to be sent to you for you to look over and then possibly purchase if you approved of the set?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM

"...but it seems that certain people have joined this forum specifically to carry on a beef from another website"

You are of course correct and I apologize to all for this mess. I have followed Leon's suggestion to post and try to address any issues.

The same people will continue to throw stones for their own amusement, as they did in 2 previous PSA Forum threads (both locked now).

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 PM

nam812,

I believe we are talking about the same issue, just the value ($200-$300 price offered to me some 4-5 years ago) and that they were baseball cards (not football).

Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM

So what happened to that complete set of baseball cards that was sent to you before payment for your approval?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
D.B. Cooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
Closed Thread