NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Very O/T with permission of Leon

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

And why are you piling on, Dave?

I am a bit abrasive. But I perceive some folks get after me because it makes them feel strong or powerful to chastise me because of my profession.

I recall seeing the donation level at $381 Sunday morning. It was there all day Monday. And today, Tuesday, when I sent in $2 more to see how long it took to show that change, it was there as soon as my browser loaded the page. Quick.

So Ralph, I took you at your word in the first post. Peter, if you sent in a donation, a sincere thank you. Dave, all I can figure is that you're raw about something that happened in some other post a few weeks ago, like when I didn't dig out 46 white border cards and post scans to show I had 46 of 50 because all I (and others) thought you were doing was seeking a population count; and by just posting numbers I ruined your thread.

This will be a record long thread if everyone I've ticked off over the years posts...

The gal has $117 to go.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

when it comes down to it....if someone gave $1 or $2 or $100 who cares. Its no ones business what this or that person gave. If someone wants to donate then fine, if someone does not want to donate then thats fine also...

Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

reach that and then got bumped to another goal threshhold?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Frank, I could care less about your profession. Only thing I know about your "profession" is that you make more money than I do. It doesn't make you a better person....neither does your profession make you a worse person.
However, your personality that you show on this board does make you a jackass. Plain and simple. This thread was started in IMO for a decent purpose...and you've tried turning it into a freaking court case with all your repetitive, ridicilious comments about needing to see "proof" of what someone has donated...and your investigative methods behind adding an additional $2 to see if the pot has moved. To be blunt, your officially a Nut Frank. Again..nothing to do with your "profession". I've seen all kinds before.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Frank...
As far as the "thread" from a couple weeks ago. Give it a rest. I explained the thread, Ted Z explained it...in the end everybody got it, but you. That's scary.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter Spaeth

Never mind. I don't need to prove anything to this ridiculous person.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Apologies to all, didn't mean to scare...

I'll give the board a rest.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

While I would (and did) give $5 to this cause, I wouldn't give you $5 for that Ruth calendar card.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

Please note; that when I started this thread -- it was noted as I had secured Leon's permission, as I almost always do when going off O/T (my dad's passing last year was an exception) or when doing something for Beckett Media. I do that because it is the proper attitude to take -- and posting on this (or any other board) is a privilege, not a given.

Yes, when I posted this, her original stated goal was $250 -- but thanks to good people like Frank, she smashed through that goal and is currently (as of yesterday, since we treated her to lunch) second of all the miss Texas candidates in terms of pledges.

So, any help is greatly appreciated. Yes, she is that pretty in person (I'll repeat that) and we'll go from there.

Edited to indicate I originally forgot to put my name on this.

Regards
Rich