NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Buy/Sell/Trade - November 2004

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

M101-6s--will pay many times book.

Old 11-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Larry Fritsch catalog....he had about 15 M101-6's in it...............

Old 11-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Looking to purchase a copy of Lew Lipset's book about New York Clipper Woodcuts. Anyone have one?

Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: OldYank

Looking for:

W601 NYAL Sporting News Team Suppl.

George Washburn photo w/ or w/o autog. NYAL (1941)

Mitchell NYAL E-90

Some items avail:

Old Judge Myers, Washington

516 Type 2 Mathewson

B14 Blanket Stengel

Old 11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

19th Century baseball cabinets (Joseph Hall - photographer) and N172 cards for auction on ebay:

19th Century baseball cabinets

Only a day or so left in the auctions.

[edited to fix link]

Old 11-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

c. 1940 Official International League (AAA) miniature ball autographed by over 20 players. Includes future Major Leaguers Preacher Roe, Whitey Kurowski, Buster Adams, Bob Scheffing, Hersch Lyons, Mike Ryaba, George Fallon, Hal Epps. Signatures and ball are vintage. Grade about excellent black fountain pen signatures on a lightly coated ball. The ball is normal baseball— stitched leather with league and Spalding stamping--, except it is about the size of a racquet ball. Comes with a Mike Gutierrez LOA and a plastic holder.$100

1951 Chicago Cubs player Phil Caravetta signed handwritten 2 page letter to Cubs GM Jim Gallagher. Includes the original Caravetta handwritten postmarked stamped envelope and a yellow carbon copy of Gallagher’s reply. Written during the off season in Dallas, Caravetta discusses his contract, the Cubs’ prospects for the upcoming year, “the Texas way of living” and his daughters’ chicken pox. The 2 11x7” sheets have fold lines, a few staple holds. The blue ink handwriting on the letter and envelope is dark and clean. The letters are written so the entire text can be displayed simultaniously. The forward and return addresses, however, are written on opposite sides of the envelope.$50

1951 Cubs player Mickey Owen signed handwritten one page letter to the Cubs, with the yellow carbon copy of the Cubs’response. The Owen letter on 'hunting dog' stationary concerns his contract and the upcoming season, and is addressed to Wid Mathews, Cubs executive and 1920s Major League player. Also included is a George Burke original and stamped postcard sized photo of Owen in Cubs uniform. Burke remains one of the 3-4 most famous baseball photographers. Most notably, he was the Cubs’ official photographer and shot all those images that appear on your 1933-5 Goudey cards. LOA from Mike Gutierrez is included$45

Old 11-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

1904 Fan Craze (americna League ) available (although a few may be spoken for based on prior correspondence that have yet to be completed
PSA 4 ELMER FLICK -- dirty with edge ear but (as far as I can see) no Creasing)
Lowever grade cards of:
Ferris (paper loss on reverse)
Moore (creasing on reverse) --probably grades VG-EX
Hickman (paper loss/slight creasing on reverse)
Glade (Creasin on reverse)
Fielder Jones (creasing on front & reverse and some paper loss on reverse)
Patsy Doghtery (paper loss on reverse)
George Winters (crease on revese)
ED PLANK (clean front with crease and tape mark on corner revese)...

Also I still have a near perfect PSA 8 Ed Ruelbach 1906 NL Fan Craze.
and will be acutioning a:
T206 Waddell (throwing) Peidmont 150 with corner rounding) unless someone her show some interest.
In a couple of weeks I will have a few more Fan Craze commons available in higher (PSA) grades.
Scans/more detailed descriptions can be provided for those who are truly interested.

As I am interested in trading and/or selling these for my usual wants including: higher grade (PSA or SGC) T202s and T205s. 1914 Cracker Jacks in most grades and certain OJs and 1926 Spalding Champions.

Thanks,
Brian
bhodes@rcn.com

Old 11-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Cook

I want to buy or trade for these E121 Series 120s in ANY condition. My dupes are listed below my wantlist. Thanks, Andy

Wantlist

E121-120 Bigbee(Carlson,CorsonL), Carey, Daubert, Deal, Faber, Graney, Heilman(1n), Holke(throw), Hollocher, Hornsby(2b,of), Kelly, Kilduff, McGraw, OttoMiller, Myers(with"" around Hy), O'Leary, Rawlings(2b), Rixey, RixeyJr, Schalk(bat), Schupp, Sisler(bat,throw), Speaker(all), Stock(noJ), Terry

My Dupes (scans available for all cards)
Barber ex, Carlson L. Bigbee g, Gibson VG+, Glazner g, Grimm g, Groh f, Harper f, Heilmann fg, Huggins g, Martin ex, slt trim, McInnis f, Emil Meusel f, Mostil gvg, spot of paperloss on back, Rommel g, Ruether f,
Sewell gvg, Shocker f, Strunk pf, Walker g, Walker g w/ torn corner, Ross Young fg

Old 11-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Thought I would list a few more cards I have for sale before listing them on eBay, since my most recent submission to GAI STILL has not arrived!!!! Sorry to all those awaiting scans of the E93 Cobb - I PROMISE I WILL SEND SCANS THE DAY MY CARDS ARRIVE BACK FROM GAI! The cards listed below I have in my safe and can send scans to those interested right away! All prices include insured shipping - thanks in advance!

E90-1 Mordecai Brown - GAI 2.5 GD/VG - $150
E90-1 Christy Mathewson - GAI 3 (NO CREASES - looks nicer) - $375

T206's with Fact. 649 Overprint backs

PSA 2 Sheckard - $30
PSA 2 Killian - $25
GAI 3 (No Creases - nice for the grade) Spencer - $35
GAI 2 Marquard HOF - $65
GAI 4.5 Mike Powers (VERY NICE) - $85

Below are a small list of E92 Dockmans I need for my set. Any grade will be fine. Thought, I do prefer cards at least GD 2, I will take lesser graded ones for fillers. Most of the cards in my set are in the 2-5 range.

Bergen
Bescher
Chase
Crawford
Doyle (Throwing)
Hartsel
Jennings
Lajoie
Mathewson
Schlei
Smith
Tinker
Wagner (Batting)
Cy Young

Thanks again!

Old 11-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Didn't mean to list twice - server problems EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT - makes me about as mad as GAI is making me!!!!!!!!

BTW - I have already had an offer to trade the E90-1 Matty for some Dockmans I need. I love to trade - would rather trade than sell (b/c I am a collector). Anyway, I also have a great trade proposal for anyone with a graded Dockman Lajoie. I have E102 Lajoies (PSA 4, SGC 40 and PSA 1). I would trade one of these for a Dockman Lajoie of equal grade - either of the three grades - 1, 3 or 4! I know E102's are MUCH TOUGHER than Dockmans, but I have three already and need a Dockman Lajoie! Also, I have other vintage caramels from several sets which I would be willing to trade for some of the Dockmans I need. Thanks again - hope I didn't ramble too much - just trying to do a little horse trading!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Had a few cards to post so that I could hopefully earn some money for the end of the holidays and other expenses I have coming up (non-card). In other words, some of these I'm not really looking forward to parting with. Anyway, here's what I currently have for sale, all prices include shipping and scans can be seen at www.geocities.com/redmaccie. Please let me know if you need additional scans or for whatever reason, can't access these:

e107 Farrell - Vg/Ex condition, great corners/edges & no creases -- $600
e107 Jackslitzch - less common "street clothes" varient of portraits in this set -- $200
e107 Patsy Dougherty -- $125
e107 Dineen -- $250
e107 Sudgen - Vg/Ex condition, only flaw is top left corner, no creases...-- $600
e107 L. Cross -- $225
1915 Cracker Jack Comiskey PSA 2 - Creaseless...undergraded -- $225
1909 t212 Obak Martinke SGC 50 - Beautiful card. Less common horizontal pose -- $325
t205 Tinker - Ex condition, no creases...very sharp -- $125
1921 Zeenut Crandall -- $20
t222 Strunk - rare type hard to find in decent shape. Normal bends but otherwise very displayable -- $85

Old 11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Personal reasons . . . but nobody is dead, dying or getting divorced. The best/fastest/most convincing offer over $40K takes it. 88 of 96 cards are PSA 7+. 47 of 48 high numbers are PSA 7 (DeShong is the only PSA 6). All of the Hall of Famers except Foxx are PSA 7. Total breakdown is 1 PSA 8, 87 PSA 7's, 3 PSA 6's and 5 PSA 5's. No fire sale here, though. I don't have to sell it.

Pictures of most of the cards are on the link:

'34 Goudey set

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

[edited to fix link]

Old 11-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

It appears I'll have some money to spend since UPS will eventually reimburse me for the lost cards. Most of the E98s I lost were color variations but I find I am without a Tinker in any color.
Help?

Old 11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
In my goal to rid myself of anything that looks modern (in the way of baseball cards) I have listed some rookie HOF'ers on ebay....don't everyone bid at once you might crater ebay......and I have listed a few more neat items on the website....with more to come on the website....thanks for the sales from the site too...they have been better than I had hoped for...maybe there IS selling other than ebay and major auctions......regards

eBay listings

http://www.geocities.com/typecard777

[fixed link]

Old 11-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

- WANTED -

Detroit N172 Old Judge Cards:
(there are others, but most interested in the following 13 members)
- Lady Baldwin
- Dan Brouthers
- Pete Conway
- Charlie Ganzel
- Charlie Getzein
- Ned Hanlon
- Hardy Richardson
- Jack Rowe
- Sam Thompson
- Larry Twitchell
- Bill Watkins
- Stump Weidman
- Deacon White

I have at least one pose of each member listed above except Pete Conway, I need Conway to complete the team. On an individual pose basis, I still need about half the issued poses (1887 & 1888 combined).

- TRADE MATERIAL - (for above items)

Several graded and more ungraded Old Judges. Duplicate Detroits include Stump Weidman (dups. of 2 diff. poses), Jack Rowe (dups. of 2 diff. poses), Ned Hanlon (dups. of 2 diff. poses), etc.

Regards,
Joe Gonsowski
twinturbo@comcast.net

Old 11-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett

I have updated my website and there is a ton of new stuff listed, most of which is for sale. I have added pictures to a lot of items, and have added several new sections (Pins, Gum Cards, and Post-war sections). Some items still don't have pictures up, but I will get around to it. Hockey, Football, and Memorabilia sections are still a work in progress. Please take a look, and let me know if there is an item you are interested in. For the items that are "Not for Sale", I may consider trades for some of my wants (I have a lot of them), with some exceptions. Have a great holiday, and remember cards make great holiday gifts.
Link:
http://www.geocities.com/rhettmatthew_37/prewar.html

Old 11-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Hi - I just did some research and discovered that Chief Bender is from the same Native American tribe as my mom (Chippewa). Thought that was pretty cool and I've always been looking for an "in" to buy pre WWI stuff (currently collect 56 Topps and baseball HOF autos).

Well that was a long winded way of asking for any low grade (SGC preferably) Chief Bender cards. I'd prefer portrait style, but anything would be cool.

Thanks for any help
Mark

Old 11-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Bender is very reasonable in the e95 set.

Here's one that sold on eBay in a PSA 2 for $105:

e95 Bender

[edited to fix link]

Old 11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Administrator

I have one - SGC 40 - if you want it for what I have in it (around $160 delivered with insurance), e-mail me at tycobb@optidynamic.com. I will be more than happy to send you scans. PLUS, it seems that the card would mean more to you than to me (since I only like it because I think it is COOL).

Old 11-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: wayne

A few e102's for sale

Collins sgc--40--The best 40 ever

Evers sgc-60-- Only 1 graded higher

Smith sgc--40-- very tough common-- 2nd highest graded

Prices and scans are available on request

Old 11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I've decided to make the majority of my collection available for sale on a "first come, first serve" basis. In following the lead of Leon and others, I've placed prices (which include shipping and insurance) on my website for everything I'm willing to part with. Reasonable offers on the other cards will also be considered. Included will be Hall of Famers for several caramel sets including Cracker Jacks, tobacco sets and m116s. Also available are several rare type cards such as a Ju Ju Drum, a t222, e97 Proofs and e107s.

My site is located at www.geocities.com/redmaccie. Please be patient if the site crashes...its usually back up and running again in a few minutes and let me know if you'd like additional scans or better descriptions of the cards. Thanks everyone and have a great holiday weekend!

-Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Old 11-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

I'm trying to add to my collection of Topsy cards. I know I need the following items.
T5 Pinkerton
T205 Gold Border- American Beauty, Broad Leaf, Cycle, Drum, Hindu,Sovereign, Sweet Caporal
T206 White Border- Drum, Hindu, Lenox,Polar Bear, Uzit
T208 Fireside
T215 Red Cross- Type1, Type2, Pirate
T216 People's Tobacco- Mino
D359 William's Baking
E104 Nadja Type1
E125 American Caramel Die Cuts
E270 Colgan's Chips- Red Border
W555
W601 Sporting Life Team Composites- 1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1911

Any help would be greatly appreciated. He was my Grandmother's uncle.
Thanks
Dave
localluft@rcn.com

Old 11-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Seaborn

Just thought I'd mention I just posted nine SGC graded Mello-Mints for sale on eBay, including a nice Nap Lajoie SGC 70. You can find them being auctioned under the seller name 'Oldoriole'. Thanks, David

Old 11-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick Martinez

I am interested in buying the following:

*Cards Featuring Hall of Famers valued $400-$4,000.
*Baseball,Basketball & Football Complete Sets valued over $1,000.
*Game Worn Jerseys
*Vintage Hollywood,Music & Presidential items vlaued over $1,000.

I can pay using Paypal,Credit Card or Check immediately.

Not looking to steal, but I do need a fair price. I plan on placing my purchased cards in the March Auction.

Regards,
Nick Martinez
American Memorabilia
nickinvegas@americanmemorabilia.com

PS: Our Holdiay auction has several great pre-war baseball items that are a real bargain!

Check it out: http://americanmemorabilia.com

Old 11-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: david

hello, i am looking to buy e95 and e90-1 commons in any condition. i am also looking for any and all e92's with crofts cocoa backs. thanks

david

not to usurp Scott Elkins but i will list my buy prices for e92 crofts cocoas as 4-6x book depending on the card. i would prefer to not get in a bidding war with a fellow set collector from the board, however.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Administrator

SOLD

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 11-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

Need 1910 Tip Top Pirates...all grades regardless and raw is fine too !

Red Hindu t 206's wanted as well...thank you!

Old 11-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Not trying to get into a bidding war either. So, I will just state I am buying Croft's Cocoa's and Croft's Candies - any grade, any player - even ungraded, as long as they will grade - thanks in advance.

P.S. For those awaiting scans of the E93 Cobb, again, I am still waiting on GAI - I promise I have not forgotten you and will get the scans to all of you promptly when the card arrives back.

Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Hi all,

I will be listing 35 M116s in the next few days under attic2ca$h (Jay and mine ebay auction business).

M116's

There are graded and ungraded most very nice.

Thanks

Lee

[edited to fix link]

Old 11-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I am now looking for any of these T206 cards with any of the rare backs:

Drum, Lenox, Broad Leaf, Uzit, Hindu red, etc.

Frank Baker
Tris Speaker
Walter Johnson
Hugh Jennings
Rube Marquard
Joe Tinker
Ed Walsh
Zach Wheat

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dennis W.

I am listing several cards on ebay tonight (Sunday 11/28) including an e92 Croft's Cocoa Kleinow, Red Portraint t206 cobb and some other rarer backed 206's. Thanks

Old 11-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dennis W.

My ebay seller id is "papn8r". Thanks again.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Wayne: I'm interested in your SGC 40 e102 Collins, but not sure how to email you.