NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

For anyone wondering, PWCC has been branching out from cards.....

(Insert a quote about greed here)

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=259594
Old 08-04-2019, 06:15 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecafewha View Post
Sorry if it’s been discussed but is there a way to see the POP for cards currently in the register (instead of the total POP for all cards graded)?

While still not accurate, might give a better idea of the cards still in holders depending on the rates of registry use.
There is not a good way to do this. And I don't think it would get you much more useful information. I think a vast majority of cards have not been regraded, and personally don't believe the "60%" number thrown around. I think the number of altered cards in PSA holders must be closer to 10%.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
There is not a good way to do this. And I don't think it would get you much more useful information. I think a vast majority of cards have not been regraded, and personally don't believe the "60%" number thrown around. I think the number of altered cards in PSA holders must be closer to 10%.
I am pretty cynical but 60 percent seems just crazy to me, especially given the vast numbers of relatively low value cards that people get graded.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Joshua Van Pelt

I was more thinking about figuring out how many cards have been broken out and re-subbed. There are many flip #s that exist in the POP that don’t exist in real life anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 07:22 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

You would have to create a bot to crawl through every number on their cert lookup. That is the best way to do it, but you wouldn't really know which items were previously cracked out and which ones were MINSIZ, MISCUT, or ALTERED in the first place. Only the crackouts that had the flips returned would now be empty, presuming PSA actually spent the time to remove them. The majority of collectors never send back the flips.

There are a huge number of collectors that don't use the set registry at all.

Think of how many 1989 Griffeys have been graded; now how many of those are in any registry at all?

It would be amazing if someone could create a bot to do all the cert verification lookups, and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 08-04-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Agree......

Maybe a good time to sell now When Ignorance, Turning a Blind Eye and Kool Aid Drinking seem to be at an all time high....most don’t get it or care....they’re addicted to the PSA grade that’s all that matters. I believe the time to Dump is now while the sheeple are still attached to the hip of PSA

I'm confused by this. Please tell me if I am understanding this incorrectly. You do believe that a lot(I don't know what your personal take is % wise) of PSA cards are altered. Yet you are suggesting that people dump their PSA cards to people who are either turning a blind eye to the situation or ignorant of the situation? Basically to pawn off possibly altered cards to the next guy? I mean, isn't that what everyone is pissed at PWCC for doing?
Old 08-04-2019, 08:52 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
I'm confused by this. Please tell me if I am understanding this incorrectly. You do believe that a lot(I don't know what your personal take is % wise) of PSA cards are altered. Yet you are suggesting that people dump their PSA cards to people who are either turning a blind eye to the situation or ignorant of the situation? Basically to pawn off possibly altered cards to the next guy? I mean, isn't that what everyone is pissed at PWCC for doing?
I’ve never suggested pawning off possibly altered cards to the next guy. That’s not what everyone is pissed off at PWCC for. The whole PwCC issue has been discussed at nauseam on this board and countless others. I’ve sold off most of my PSA graded cards over the past year none of which have been altered, they were all submitted by myself from virgin raw collections.

I do believe a large percentage of PSA graded cards with number grades are altered. Pre war having the most second to post war era cards.

My point is that people are buying cards in PSA holders not caring about the card just the number on the slab....People Buy the Holder Not the Card.....In the long run I believe it’s going to be the other way around....

It wouldn’t shock me if most prospective buyer begin to second guess and highly scrutinize every PSA card as having issues prior to buying.....I know I would.

I have zero faith in their Opinion unless I graded the card myself, know the full history of card, and or have it in hand to visually look at, I’m highly suspect.

Last edited by Johnny630; 08-04-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

nm

Last edited by perezfan; 08-04-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I’ve never suggested pawning off possibly altered cards to the next guy. That’s not what everyone is pissed off at PWCC for. The whole PwCC issue has been discussed at nauseam on this board and countless others. I’ve sold off most of my PSA graded cards over the past year none of which have been altered, they were all submitted by myself from virgin raw collections.

I do believe a large percentage of PSA graded cards with number grades are altered. Pre war having the most second to post war era cards.

My point is that people are buying cards in PSA holders not caring about the card just the number on the slab....People Buy the Holder Not the Card.....In the long run I believe it’s going to be the other way around....

It wouldn’t shock me if most prospective buyer begin to second guess and highly scrutinize every PSA card as having issues prior to buying.....I know I would.

I have zero faith in their Opinion unless I graded the card myself, know the full history of card, and or have it in hand to visually look at, I’m highly suspect.
I get what you are saying and yes, the PWCC subject has been discussed at such great lengths. I am in the same boat as far as my collection of graded stuff. The vast majority are cards I know the origin and have subbed myself and have complete confidence in or I have purchased from reliable sources. Then again, I'm basically a post war mid-grade or lower collector so I don't think my chances of being affected are as great. My main focus is 62 Jell-O and I know they are all hand cut and I don't think there is enough knowledge out there about them for anyone to even consider "doctoring" them....at least not at this point. But I guess my thought is, as a collector, if you... or I for that matter, know that our cards in holders are good, why would we want to sell them off just because of this scandal? Hell, those could be exception rather than the norm down the road and make them more valuable. That is assuming the value is more important than the actual cards themselves.