NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Default What are your collecting goals for 2020

Now that 2019 is almost over, I thought it would be cool to list some of our goals for 2020. Try to be specific on what you're looking to achieve, maybe even your white whales so to speak. I'll start.

1. Complete 1934 Gashouse Gang project. At the start of November, I needed just 2 autographs to complete. Since I don't consider a project complete until I actually have everything in hand, I'm still working on it. (but more soon and hope to complete by the end of this month).

2. Complete 1969 Cubs project. I actually have all of the hard autographs, so if this one isn't complete by the end of 2020, it's only because money has been diverted to other projects. Ive tried to get as many of the 1969 topps cubs cards signed and will also have some cuts and postcard sized signed photos as well.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. I currently have 15 autographs from the players and members of the conspiracy, and I'm thinking I'm going to cap this project at either one or two more autographs so that I can get it up on the wall. I'll probably pick up one at the end of 2020 and then get the whole thing matted and framed with an extra spot for a name plate, which can be replaced if I ever get the 2nd autograph.

4. Catfish Hunter win tickets. This is a project I recently started, and one that I feel will be a lot of fun, a challenge, and a project I can work on for many years. I also will be picking up a lot of other Catfish items and all used for a display in my memorabilia room.

5. Get my memorabilia room to the point I can share pictures with all of you. As anyone with a memorabilia room can tell you, it's always a work in progress, and after several years of standing still (I've been working on other areas of the house as well) It's finally making progress again. Keep an eye out for the memorabilia room thread in 2020.

6. Always looking for vintage Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers signed magazines. This one often goes on the back burner as money allows.

This makes for a pretty ambitious 2020 considering my modest collecting budget these days, but it just means I have to be focused and look for bargains. I think, with some luck, they can be completed.

What's your 2020 going to look like?
Old 12-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Alan Strout

Default 2020 Collecting Goals

Hi folks,

Fairly new to the forum, but never took the time to introduce myself to most of you. I'm a life long Orioles fan and collector. I guess my collecting theme would be the history of the Baltimore Orioles franchise (1954-present). I especially enjoy team issued stuff. My goal for 2020 is to continue the work on several projects that might be impossible for me to ever finish, but I enjoy the hunt and all the folks I meet along the way.

In no particular order..

1. 1954-2019 Baltimore Orioles team issued postcards – I currently have 2712/2862. I collect all the variations. About half of the last 150 postcards I need will be a slow process. Most of them are the same B&W glossies from the 1950’s that are on most Orioles postcard collectors wantlists. The rest show up from time to time.

2. Orioles Photos – I am trying to get B&W 8x10 Head Shots of everyone to ever appear in a regular season game for the Orioles. The catch is that they have to be in their Orioles uniform. I prefer chest to head photos, but at this point will accept action shots. Here’s who I have left – Babe Birrer, John Buzhardt, Grady Hatton, Sam Jones, Buddy Peterson, Roger Marquis and Wally Westlake. Some of these guys are easy to find in another uniform, just not the O’s. I do have photocopies of Hatton, Peterson and Marquis. So there’s still hope.

3. Minor League Programs – One of my big collecting goals is to acquire home programs of every Orioles minor league affiliate from 1954 to present. I’m about 90% complete, but again most of the teams I have left are defunct obscure teams from the 50’s. I’ve posted my current wantlist previously. I’m especially looking for Stockton Ports programs from the 1960’s. I do know of several programs I need that are in other collections – 1955 Pine Bluff Judges, 1961 Ardmore Rosebuds, 1965 Fox Cities Foxes and the 1966 Batavia Trojans. Probably not a lot of value, but great history of the franchise.

Along the same line, I still need a few Orioles spring training programs from the 1950's. I've got all the regular season and postseason programs I'm aware of.

4. Orioles Baseball Cards – Probably my most attainable goal this year is to finish some Orioles teams sets I’m working on. Picky about condition, which slows the process.

1963 Jello (need 63 Snyder, 65 Pappas)

1971 Kelloggs master set (need 35 Paul Blair XOGRAPH back)

1972 Milton Bradley (need 5 cards)

O-Pee-Chee – 1965 (need 3), 1967 (need 5), 1968 (need 1), 1974 (need 7), 1976 (need 1)

Venezuelan sets – 1964 (need 1), 1966 (need 3), 1967 (need 1)

Good luck to everyone with their collecting goals. Love the forum and seeing what everyone enjoys, even if it's not something I collect.

Alan Strout
Old 12-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default only these:

Moonlight Graham Rose Postcard.jpg1937 OPC - Bob Feller.jpg

1911 SPORTING LIFE M116 SMOKEY JOE WOOD.jpgZeenut Cliff_blankenship.jpg

1909 Cliff Blankenship Postcard.jpg1887 Kalamazoo Bats Denny Lyons.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 12-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Chris B.

1. Pick up at least 1000 hockey autographs that are not in my collection (this one should be easy).

2. Get 5 of the 8 I need to finish off my 1964/65 Parkhurst (1994) set.

3. Get a few more Perez-Steele HOF Postcards (1980-2002), need 19 to finish off the set.

4. Finish off a few of the pack pulled autograph sets.

5. Pick up 500 baseball, football and basketball autographs that I do not have in my collection.

6. Transfer all the signed cards out of the binders into top loaders. Have been saying this for a few years now, just lazy on this one.

7. Move some furniture to get into a closet that has a bunch of signed stuff. It's going to be nice to see what is in there, has been 15+ years since I've seen what is there.

Last edited by SikSyko; 12-01-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Alan Strout

Default 2020 Collecting Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikSyko View Post
1. Pick up at least 1000 hockey autographs that are not in my collection (this one should be easy).

2. Get 5 of the 8 I need to finish off my 1964/65 Parkhurst (1994) set.

3. Get a few more Perez-Steele HOF Postcards (1980-2002), need 19 to finish off the set.

4. Finish off a few of the pack pulled autograph sets.

5. Pick up 500 baseball, football and basketball autographs that I do not have in my collection.

6. Transfer all the signed cards out of the binders into top loaders. Have been saying this for a few years now, just lazy on this one.

7. Move some furniture to get into a closet that has a bunch of signed stuff. It's going to be nice to see what is in there, has been 15+ years since I've seen what is there.
Chris,

Good luck with your goals. I'm always looking for Ottawa Lynx items from 2003-2006, especially programs, team photos and player postcards. Please keep me in mind if you come across any.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Paul

Default Signed T206 Cards

Last year my collection sustained a few significant hits thanks to a spate of forgeries — but, yes, I most certainly am still trying to add new and duplicate authentic signed T206s. (Let me know if you have any to sell or trade!)

The only new one I got this year was this Deacon Phillippe, which I have been chasing for nearly a decade. Click the image to see the JSA cert.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 12-02-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Chris B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Chris,

Good luck with your goals. I'm always looking for Ottawa Lynx items from 2003-2006, especially programs, team photos and player postcards. Please keep me in mind if you come across any.
I'll look around for you.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

My goal for 2019 was to get to 250 for my signed 1953 Topps project. I just squeaked past it to get to 252, and there were two more that got away this year. I picked up the last Red Sox I needed, and the last Boston Brave I need I have yet to see come up in the five and a half years I've been working on this project. The remaining cards I need will be either rare, expensive, or both. If I can pick up five in 2020, I'll consider it a win. My full wantlist is below:

9 Joe Collins
22 Howie Fox
27 Roy Campanella
82 Mickey Mantle
83 Howie Pollet
86 Billy Martin
88 Willie Jones
99 Dave Madison
104 Yogi Berra
144 Bob Schultz
161 Vern Bickford
217 Murray Wall
218 Les Fusselman
220 Satchell Paige
222 Vic Janowicz
232 Dick Kokos
245 Bill Norman
258 Jim Gilliam
270 Vern Stephens
272 Bill Antonello
274 John Riddle
278 Willie Miranda
Old 12-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Andy H

Just one goal, more plaque postcards for the collection. This year was huge as I started the collection again after originally selling a bulk to help pay bills. Getting postcards like Satchel Paige, Heinie Manush, Chick Hafey, Mickey Mantle among others made this one hell of a year. My top 5 that I hope I get next year are:

1. Sam Crawford (Came up in 1899 and insanely underrated player)
2. Elmer Flick (Came up in 1898.)
3. Ray Schalk (Bit of a toughie on a gold postcard)
4. Mike Piazza (My idol as a Mets fan. Doesn't do many signings.)
5. Joe Dimaggio (He's Joe Dimaggio...enough said.)

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightfan85 View Post
Just one goal, more plaque postcards for the collection. This year was huge as I started the collection again after originally selling a bulk to help pay bills. Getting postcards like Satchel Paige, Heinie Manush, Chick Hafey, Mickey Mantle among others made this one hell of a year. My top 5 that I hope I get next year are:

If you don't find a Piazza you like during the year, you might want to check the MAB-Celebrity website for the July Hall of Fame show. They usually have up to 25 Hall of Famers signing on hall of fame weekend, and they have a great mail order.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 12-02-2019, 08:00 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

My two biggest wants are the same as last year:

This signed snapshot of Kent Greenfield (I want to use it for the cover of a biography I may write):

attachment.jpg

...and this 1937 Flatbush Greys scorecard:

attachment-1.jpg

plus a Walter Cazen signature model glove. Obscure wants, but one can hope...
Old 12-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Would like to inch closer to the completion of my 1957 Topps Set. Missing 51 cards so based upon my limited budget I would like to add 5 more.

Also would like to had 20 more Seattle Mariners team issued player postcards to my collection (1977-85).
Old 12-02-2019, 10:19 AM

Default My Wantlist

Andy Sandler Want list:

1) Pre-1930 Pacific Coast League baseball program/scorecards
2) Any pre-1925 sports programs that took place in southern California
3) anything pre-1945 basketball---programs, tickets, autographs, postcards,
broadsides, photos, jerseys, Reach Guides, etc.
4) 1967-71 San Francisco Giants and California Angels flannel game used
jerseys or pants.

Can you help?

Thanks, Andy Sandler andy@allsportsauctions.com (914) 388-2940
Old 12-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Andy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
If you don't find a Piazza you like during the year, you might want to check the MAB-Celebrity website for the July Hall of Fame show. They usually have up to 25 Hall of Famers signing on hall of fame weekend, and they have a great mail order.
Thanks for the tip. I'm crossing my fingers and toes he's at the National in AC (going and will be my first one) but will keep that in mind. Really want to meet him in person even if it's just a few seconds lol.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Just one goal and that is to add one (or more) vintage Detroit Tigers ballplayer autograph into my collection, and off of my want list.

To be able to cross off just one name on my want list would make the year a wonderful success. Two or more names crossed off would make for an unbelievable collecting year.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

still almost 1/12 left of 2019..so going to deal with 2019 first..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-03-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Sean Brennan

1916 cubs: still need Brown, FIscher, Hendrix, Pearce, Schulte, Zeider
Old 12-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Signed 1951 Topps Red Backs. Have about 15 now and been picking them up here and there but would love to buy a nice sized lot
Old 12-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Curt

This is something I got into late in the game, but always try to land them signed or unsigned. Do you have any sort of wantlist together? I don't have a ton of them, but I definitely don't need dupes if I come across any.

I have fallen hard for just about any oddball Seattle Sonics/Seahawks/Mariners oddball stuff from the 70s/early 80s, some of it I remember having as a kid, some of it I never knew existed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post

Also would like to had 20 more Seattle Mariners team issued player postcards to my collection (1977-85).
Old 12-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Jeff Lazarus

On the autograph side here's what I'll be chasing

1) Jackie Robinson signed baseball from his time in the Negro Leagues. There was a team ball from the team that went to Venezuela in 1945 that sold at Christie's a few year bacl. Would love to find where that one or similar.

2) Looking to find at least one contract from someone associated with Integration. Something like a Don Newcombe minor league contract.

3) Not an autograph focus particularly but always looking for lineup cards from significant games and vintage lineup cards

4) Looking for at least one lineup card from a HOF manager that I don't already have.

5) Would love to pick up some more barnstorming programs and other barnstorming related items
Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Some autograph collecting goals for 2020:

1. Make progress on my 1976 and 1978 Topps Cincinnati Reds auto'd team sets. Down to just a few after a '76 Concepcion arrives from the recent Moeller HS show.

2. Get one or two more of the 1964 Giants that I'm still missing (need six). The MIA list is Clemente, Mays, Stuart, Fox, Farrell and Boyer. Not holding my breath for Clemente or Farrell.

3. Make a dent in the 1972 In-Action subset. Got a few already and there is still some low-hanging fruit.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 12-05-2019, 07:22 PM

I only need seven signed cards to complete both of these sets. Any help or leads on these would be much appreciated.

1961 Topps Baseball

135 Fred Hutchinson
230 Don Hoak
333 Fritz Brickell
480 Roy Campanella
547 Leon Wagner
555 Sam Jones

1995 Upper Deck Minor League Baseball

45 Michael Jordan
Old 12-08-2019, 04:04 AM
Jeff Carlson

It isn't my main collecting focus, but I want to keep chipping away at my 1960 through 1963 Fleer autographed set. I'd love to get one of the 3 remaining '63s I need (Dick Farrell, Ken Boyer, Roberto Clemente) but they come up so rarely and I'm pretty sure Clemente is out of my price range. So, I'll just plug away at 1960 and 1961, where I currently have 12 and 21 respectively.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

My goals are always the same - improve the autographs I have of a very select few, and pick up a few that I've been keeping my eye out for for a long time:

Sarah Bernhardt - had a few, but still looking for the right one
G.B. Shaw - found a few great ones, but couldn't quite land them
Hemingway - too expensive, but I keep dreaming
Carl Jung
Edward White - childhood hero. See above note for Hemingway. Ideal example would be signed photo with Chaffee and Grissom

Ted Williams - have several great ones, but always looking for more early examples
Mantle - still looking for a nice affordable rookie or pre-rookie flat
Cobb, Wagner, Ruth - if the right flat shows up, I'll grab it.
Vince Lombardi - signed photo while coaching Giants. Also would love to find a signed letter with '67 NFC Championship content

Tom Landry - this year I finally got the improvement that can't be beat, but I still look.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:54 AM

I want to finally get a stinking Ruth.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Belltown Vintage

You've never had a Ruth? That surprises me.

I've had three and the great thing about them is that they were all real - never a doubt. The stupid thing was that I sold each one of them as I needed cash, got less than they were worth but about what I paid...and regretted each sale. Now I have no Ruths and can't justify the prices they command.

Good luck - I'm sure you will find one, as you've been in the hobby long enough to know how to go about it. It's an ordeal, but a fun one.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:08 PM

I bought one once in a major auction and the fine members of Net54 did me a huge favor and told me it was fake before I paid for it. But that's the closest I've come.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:33 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Signed Exhibit boxing heavyweight champs boxing cards. I've gotten the low-hanging ones already and a few of the toughies but the rest will be very tough. The only impossibilities are Sullivan and Fitzsimmons but many of the others are unicorns. I'd most like to find a Louis.

Alan, is this one of the Orioles you need:

I am planning on selling it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

Alan, is this one of the Orioles you need:

I am planning on selling it.
Thanks, but the 1954 Bob Turley is one I already have. In fact, as far as 1954 O's postcards, it's one of the easier ones to find. The more popular the player, the more fan mail and thus more postcards were printed. Most of the ones I still need are players that were less popular.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:50 AM
Michael

1948 Baseball Greats
Alexander
lajoie
mack
Young

1960 Fleer
Bing Miller
derringer,
baker

1961 Fleer
#1 Cobb/Wheat/ Baker-need Cobb and Baker on it
14Cobb- not convinced a real one exists
20 derringer
39 hafey
62 miller
89Traynor (with Sisler)
125 marberry
127Melillo

Scoops
414 autry
419 Cochrane
426 Gaedel
429 campanella
441 hodges
443 Cobb not convinced a real one exists
Old 12-26-2019, 09:21 AM

1. Just to add (1) Baseball HOF'er auto I don't have...prime candidates:
Mordecai, Joe Kelley, Miller Huggins, Jennings, DiHigo

2. Upgrade Roberto Clemente Auto

3. Pete Maravich check

4. autos for card in modern sets I'm working on...

billshofautographs.weebly.com
HOFCollector on YouTube
Old 12-26-2019, 08:03 PM
D@vid Fel@

Looking to add the following this year

Signed Robinson topps or bowman
Signed Campanella topps or bowman
Signed 48 leaf Musial
Signed 49 bowman snider
Old 12-27-2019, 12:03 PM

I’m looking to hit 625 Unique Brian Johnson (Red Sox) cards! I just recently hit #600 and he has been sent down to the minors so it will be tough as there are less than 20 non 1/1’s I need and about 150 1/1’s to have 1 of every card of his!
Old 12-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Bob Hamlin

Default Big Train

I have a single goal this year. To obtain a Walter Johnson 3x5, postcard or something clean that I can matt with a photograph.....without having a co-signer...lol.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyconform View Post
1. Just to add (1) Baseball HOF'er auto I don't have...prime candidates:
Mordecai, Joe Kelley, Miller Huggins, Jennings, DiHigo

2. Upgrade Roberto Clemente Auto

3. Pete Maravich check

4. autos for card in modern sets I'm working on...
Depending on what your current Clemente autograph looks like, I may have an upgrade that's not super expensive. It's signed next to a picture of him in a program for an event he did. It's a really sharp auto but as part of a program it's as premium as an index card or similar.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:53 AM
Tim Odeen

Working on completing my 1961 Topps binder set, without high numbers. Got bored of my other goals. Mostly commons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 12-31-2019, 06:46 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

1) Add a Babe Ruth and Honus Wagner Check

2) Get a Sam Rice and Red Faber GPC/Signed Document (tougher than expected)

3) Get IP autographs of all new HOF Inductees (Already met Jeter)

4) Keep the Baseball HOF count ahead of Whyconform (who is a GREAT guy, BTW)
Old 01-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Bill Mc.Nutt

1) Complete my list of autographed baseballs. Need (49) more balls.

2) Send some of my vintage cards to SGC grading. Have about (50) cards I want graded.

3) Start building my 1975 Topps Baseball Set.

4) Invest more in vintage & pre-war baseball cards (1950's & 60's, Goudey, Play Ball, T Series Cards). This has been part of my investment philosophy for 32 years and will never change.

5) Invest more in vintage Topps football cards of HOF'ers.

6) Buy my first vintage Bobby Hull hockey card. Want to add at least (3) cards to the collection.

7) Add more Mike Trout, Justin Verlander, Clayton Kershaw, Jose Altuve, & Miguel Cabrera cards to my collection.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcnutt View Post
6) Buy my first vintage Bobby Hull hockey card. Want to add at least (3) cards to the collection.
Try the 3rd year, it is a fraction of the rookie and looks even nicer

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-05-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:52 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post

1. Make progress on my 1976 and 1978 Topps Cincinnati Reds auto'd team sets. Down to just a few after a '76 Concepcion arrives from the recent Moeller HS show.

2. Get one or two more of the 1964 Giants that I'm still missing (need six). The MIA list is Clemente, Mays, Stuart, Fox, Farrell and Boyer. Not holding my breath for Clemente or Farrell.

3. Make a dent in the 1972 In-Action subset. Got a few already and there is still some low-hanging fruit.
Thanks to a member here, I'm now one auto closer to the '64 Giants set my son and I are working on. Five to go. Thx Lamar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fox.jpg (76.8 KB, 319 views)
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 01-07-2020, 03:19 PM

My four card related goals for 2020 are:

1) Complete the 1969 Topps Baseball set.
2) Acquire 7 2020 Sets (3 Flagship series, 2 Heritage Series, Bowman, and Bowman Draft.
3) Pay for it all through sales of other cards.
4) Create at least 150 pieces of hobby content on my website.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Sam Lemoine

As far as autographs go...
1) Get within 20 certified autographs of every NBA All-Star (i'm about 75 away now).
2) Add at least 150 certified NFL/AFL/AAFC All-Pro calibre certified autographs to my collection this year.
3) Add at least 150 certified MLB All-Star calibre certified autographs to my collection this year.
4) Get at least 300 of my current autographs slabbed by Beckett.
5) Narrow down my ridiculously large Olympic collection by selling/trading some of them during this year's Summer Games.

I have tons of autographs. I'm a few years younger than my dad was when he passed away. I want my wife to have the most organized and easy-to-sell collection possible. Hopefully that won't be for another 30 years or so, but I still want to be prepared.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Shawn G.

Keep working on my autograph collection of Cardinals Hall of Famers.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:50 PM
Christopher Williams

To spend zero money on autographs.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Jim H

1. Working on a 1970s Topps decade Detroit Tigers autograph project, down to needing 29. My goal is to pick up 5 this year. Need a bunch of Norm Cash, Billy Martin, Bill Freehan, etc.
2. Started a 1980s Topps decade Detroit Tigers autograph project, need 117. I should be able to get this under 100.
3. Pick up 20 Tiger autographs. I have autographs of 1032 former Tigers and should be able to add 20 more players.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Now that 2019 is almost over, I thought it would be cool to list some of our goals for 2020. Try to be specific on what you're looking to achieve, maybe even your white whales so to speak. I'll start.

1. Complete 1934 Gashouse Gang project. At the start of November, I needed just 2 autographs to complete. Since I don't consider a project complete until I actually have everything in hand, I'm still working on it. (but more soon and hope to complete by the end of this month).

2. Complete 1969 Cubs project. I actually have all of the hard autographs, so if this one isn't complete by the end of 2020, it's only because money has been diverted to other projects. Ive tried to get as many of the 1969 topps cubs cards signed and will also have some cuts and postcard sized signed photos as well.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. I currently have 15 autographs from the players and members of the conspiracy, and I'm thinking I'm going to cap this project at either one or two more autographs so that I can get it up on the wall. I'll probably pick up one at the end of 2020 and then get the whole thing matted and framed with an extra spot for a name plate, which can be replaced if I ever get the 2nd autograph.

4. Catfish Hunter win tickets. This is a project I recently started, and one that I feel will be a lot of fun, a challenge, and a project I can work on for many years. I also will be picking up a lot of other Catfish items and all used for a display in my memorabilia room.

5. Get my memorabilia room to the point I can share pictures with all of you. As anyone with a memorabilia room can tell you, it's always a work in progress, and after several years of standing still (I've been working on other areas of the house as well) It's finally making progress again. Keep an eye out for the memorabilia room thread in 2020.

6. Always looking for vintage Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers signed magazines. This one often goes on the back burner as money allows.

This makes for a pretty ambitious 2020 considering my modest collecting budget these days, but it just means I have to be focused and look for bargains. I think, with some luck, they can be completed.

What's your 2020 going to look like?
I know it's only October, but I thought I'd bring this thread back so we can see where we're at on our 2020 goals during this very tough year.
Here goes:

1. I have completed the 1934 Gas House Gang Cardinals, and only need to mat and frame it. Probably around tax time in 2021.

2. 1969 Cubs. I've only added 3 players this year, but they're all easy to get...maybe too easy. You know collectors always like a challenge. LOL
The big pickup was the 1969 Cubs/Mets black cat game ticket stub. Thanks again to Scott Garner for making that available.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. This was never going to be a complete project, but I have two more names before I call it quits. My wife as already said I should get them for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to that. Will probably get it matted and framed at the same time as the 1934 Cardinals.

4.Catfish Hunter win tickets. Picked up a few this year, but this one is an ongoing project that should last several years and will be part of a Catfish display I'm making. In that regard, I did pick up a Catfish signed magazine to go along with my others for that same display.

5. Ah yes, the Memorabilia Room. I've actually been working on this one recently...going through drawers to find stuff I can display. Last week, I picked up two additional display racks, and have some other items coming to help display magazines.

6. Picked up 2 signed Brooklyn Dodger magazines. Was also happy to pick up another single signed baseball and also a Bert Hamric auto.

So far, I feel pretty good about my collecting year. How about you?
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 10-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
My goal for 2019 was to get to 250 for my signed 1953 Topps project. I just squeaked past it to get to 252, and there were two more that got away this year. I picked up the last Red Sox I needed, and the last Boston Brave I need I have yet to see come up in the five and a half years I've been working on this project. The remaining cards I need will be either rare, expensive, or both. If I can pick up five in 2020, I'll consider it a win. My full wantlist is below:

9 Joe Collins
22 Howie Fox
27 Roy Campanella
82 Mickey Mantle
83 Howie Pollet
86 Billy Martin
88 Willie Jones
99 Dave Madison
104 Yogi Berra
144 Bob Schultz
161 Vern Bickford
217 Murray Wall
218 Les Fusselman
220 Satchell Paige
222 Vic Janowicz
232 Dick Kokos
245 Bill Norman
258 Jim Gilliam
270 Vern Stephens
272 Bill Antonello
274 John Riddle
278 Willie Miranda
I exceeded my goal; I picked up seven cards I needed for my project, and there were a couple others that got away. The remaining ones I need are:

22 Howie Fox
27 Roy Campanella
82 Mickey Mantle
83 Howie Pollet
86 Billy Martin
144 Bob Schultz
161 Vern Bickford
218 Les Fusselman
220 Satchell Paige
232 Dick Kokos
245 Bill Norman
258 Jim Gilliam
270 Vern Stephens
272 Bill Antonello
274 John Riddle

I also started working on signed 1950, 1951 and 1952 Bowman Red Sox sets. I picked up several of the tougher ones, and have leads on a couple more.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Andy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightfan85 View Post

Acquired all 5 this year despite the insanity. With Earle Combs incoming I am only 10 away. Have to start thinking about next year's goals.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
1) Add a Babe Ruth and Honus Wagner Check

2) Get a Sam Rice and Red Faber GPC/Signed Document (tougher than expected)

3) Get IP autographs of all new HOF Inductees (Already met Jeter)

4) Keep the Baseball HOF count ahead of Whyconform (who is a GREAT guy, BTW)
Did all except Ruth check, although I had to settle for Walker via Tristar. Couldn’t have predicted COVID back in December.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post

There was a signed Farrell on eBay just this week, closed yesterday. I couldn't tell well enough if it was authentic so I held back. Sold for $94.01.

Last edited by Case12; 10-03-2020 at 02:40 PM.