NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-16-2023, 05:16 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
I am sitting here absolutely amazed. Not only are you telling me I am saying something I am not saying, you actually provided a direct quote from me that doesn't say what you say it does. I believe you are engaging in good faith, so I have to believe there is a fundamental disconnect here. In a possibly apocryphal story, Vince Lombardi once gathered his team together after a particularly bad loss, held up a ball and said "Gentlemen, this is a football. Stop me if I am going too fast." I feel like I need to be a bit pedantic here.

A ban is an "official or legal prohibition." A ban says *these* books cannot be in your classroom. What we are seeing is educators, because they have no clear guidance, voluntarily (albeit reluctantly) pulling anything even tangentially related to the topic off the shelf.
I'm amazed your second paragraph says it again after the first so angrily denies it and your original comment lol. These Jackie and Roberto books, the subject of this thread, were not banned. They were not removed by teachers. The district said they were never on the shelf in the first place. It is impossible to remove what is not there. You can just make things up as much as you want, though.
I was warned that this moment would come and here it is. It is utterly incomprehensible that you can directly quote me and then insist I said the exact opposite. I am not sure how this happens, although I can think of a number of different explanations. None of them are particularly complementary.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
I think that’s what some folks on the right don’t get. I lean left and get a kick out of left leaning news. I don’t take it seriously. It’s a biased joke sometimes. I hope they get a kick out of Fox News but I think they take it seriously. Ironically, Jon Stewart was the last bastion of true news.
well fox is talking about coverup with the train chemical fire as a main story...we shall see what happens but if the chemicals are deadly they are serving a good media purpose, it will follow a dont trust government agenda but you weigh it against:

CNN will cover the michigan st shooting and say its all white supremecy /guns/republicans fault and story and not sure what the media purpose is for that
Old 02-16-2023, 08:11 AM
Jim M.arinari

Miami Herald editorial. Lots of links with background info:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...8484a040ad5a30

Just one example of how the 'plain unambiguous text' of the law is anything but:

https://popular.info/p/how-to-ban-36...ks-from-school
Old 02-16-2023, 11:37 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I was warned that this moment would come and here it is. It is utterly incomprehensible that you can directly quote me and then insist I said the exact opposite.
The transcript speaks for itself. In 128 and on you have referred to these books (which a reasonable reader can only presume are the books in question we have all been talking about, as nothing else is named or referenced instead) as being removed. They were not removed. It is impossible to remove a book that wasn't there. It took 30 seconds to find the districts statement.

Quote:
I am not sure how this happens, although I can think of a number of different explanations. None of them are particularly complementary.
I don't doubt it. It's the normal path of the ideologue, judgement before reading what is in question, then being unable to cite their claims in the document in question, the dismissal of reason and a reason standard itself because that doesn't find what they want to find, until the anger and ad hominem are all that's left. I will leave the personal shit talk to our delightful ideologues. Happy collecting
Old 02-16-2023, 12:32 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
The transcript speaks for itself. In 128 and on you have referred to these books (which a reasonable reader can only presume are the books in question we have all been talking about, as nothing else is named or referenced instead) as being removed. They were not removed. It is impossible to remove a book that wasn't there. It took 30 seconds to find the districts statement.
You know, since you know more about what I mean than I do, perhaps you should just carry on both sides of the conversation yourself. That way you are sparring with your intellectual equal and, at the end, can congratulate yourself on your brilliance.
Old 02-16-2023, 01:48 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
You know, since you know more about what I mean than I do, perhaps you should just carry on both sides of the conversation yourself. That way you are sparring with your intellectual equal and, at the end, can congratulate yourself on your brilliance.
Ha
Old 02-16-2023, 02:27 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
They were not removed. It is impossible to remove a book that wasn't there. It took 30 seconds to find the districts statement.
Can you post a link to that statement? The only ones that I found confirmed the removal of books to be 'reviewed', none addressing whether Duval Co had the books available in the first place. As a matter of fact, The Duval Co Public Schools database shows the exact opposite: That it IS present, has been removed and is 'pending' rejection or approval.

Edited to add: It appears that these books were ordered in the summer of 2021 and have NOT been on the shelves as they have been delayed by 10 months undergoing 'review'. So, literally, they were NOT removed since they haven't made it to the shelves yet. That makes this whole thing seem so much better!

Intended classrooms Book and author(s) Review status
3rd grade When Aidan Became A Brother, by Kyle Lukoff and Kaylani Juanita Rejected
3rd grade Henry Aaron’s Dream, by Matt Tavares Pending
3rd grade Roberto Clemente: Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates, by Jonah Winter and Raúl Colón Pending
3rd grade Wilma’s Way Home: The Life of Wilma Mankiller, by Doreen Rappaport and Linda Kukuk Pending
3rd grade 14 Cows for America, by Carmen Agra Deedy, Wilson Kimeli Naiyomah and Thomas Gonzalez Approved
3rd grade A Dog Named Haku: A Holiday Story from Nepal, by Margarita Engle, Amish Karanjit, Nicole Karanjit, and Ruth Jeyaveeran Approved
3rd grade A Storm Called Katrina, by Myron Uhlberg and Colin Bootman Approved

Last edited by Deertick; 02-16-2023 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:27 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Can you post a link to that statement? The only ones that I found confirmed the removal of books to be 'reviewed', none addressing whether Duval Co had the books available in the first place. As a matter of fact, The Duval Co Public Schools database shows the exact opposite: That it IS present, has been removed and is 'pending' rejection or approval.

Edited to add: It appears that these books were ordered in the summer of 2021 and have NOT been on the shelves as they have been delayed by 10 months undergoing 'review'. So, literally, they were NOT removed since they haven't made it to the shelves yet. That makes this whole thing seem so much better!

3rd grade When Aidan Became A Brother, by Kyle Lukoff and Kaylani Juanita Rejected
3rd grade Roberto Clemente: Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates, by Jonah Winter and Raúl Colón Pending
3rd grade Wilma’s Way Home: The Life of Wilma Mankiller, by Doreen Rappaport and Linda Kukuk Pending
3rd grade 14 Cows for America, by Carmen Agra Deedy, Wilson Kimeli Naiyomah and Thomas Gonzalez Approved
3rd grade A Dog Named Haku: A Holiday Story from Nepal, by Margarita Engle, Amish Karanjit, Nicole Karanjit, and Ruth Jeyaveeran Approved
Jim, stop adding facts into the discussion! That’s not favored here.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post

A dog? LOL. Yeah, that one surely sounds like it needs careful scrutiny lest our youth go astray.

Is the problem that the dog is black?

It's the Festival of Lights in Nepal, and today is the day to honor dogs! Brothers Alu and Bhalu wander the streets of Kathmandu, passing by twirling kites and bamboo swings, looking for a dog to feed. But as night falls, their task begins to feel hopeless, until they spot a small black dog who is in need of a friend. This sweet story presents an important Hindu holiday through the eyes of two young boys, making it relatable for both those familiar with the holiday and those reading about it for the first time.

Maybe the story is code for critical race theory?

Is this really what we want for ourselves?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-16-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:29 AM
Michael

Quote:

Here's 51-83 with what it actually doesn't allow instruction of. What part do you think is a problem and want to debate instead of the books that it obviously doesn't ban?

57 3. An individual’s moral character or status as either
58 privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her
59 race, color, sex, or national origin.
Not banned - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp.

Banned - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp because he is black.

Unclear - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente, who is black, was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp.

Yes, the law allows slavery to be taught and talked about. However, according to the law, not a single person can be said to have been discriminated against because of their skin color. Hence, since the civil war, life has been a bed of roses for black people. According to the law, no black person can be said to have been denied access to hotels, restaurants, etc. solely because of their skin color.

Hence, the potential banning of books about Roberto Clemente, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, etc. Books cannot mention that they were oppressed because their skin color was black.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Not banned - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp.

Banned - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp because he is black.

Unclear - While preparing for the upcoming season during spring training in Florida, Roberto Clemente, who is black, was not allowed to stay in many of the hotels near the camp.

Yes, the law allows slavery to be taught and talked about. However, according to the law, not a single person can be said to have been discriminated against because of their skin color. Hence, since the civil war, life has been a bed of roses for black people. According to the law, no black person can be said to have been denied access to hotels, restaurants, etc. solely because of their skin color.

Hence, the potential banning of books about Roberto Clemente, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, etc. Books cannot mention that they were oppressed because their skin color was black.
Hallelujah, he's back!
Old 02-17-2023, 10:25 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:

If there's a silver lining to this, it's that, like the extreme anti-choice laws that some states have put in place, this racist garbage will crash and burn at the national level.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-17-2023, 10:42 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
If there's a silver lining to this, it's that, like the extreme anti-choice laws that some states have put in place, this racist garbage will crash and burn at the national level.
Not a fair equivalence IMO. No decent person is racist. Plenty of decent people are pro-life.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:51 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:

Spot on.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:53 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Default changing words in books...coming from the left...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ivity-readers/
Old 02-20-2023, 11:22 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
The new versions will probably be banned in Florida as too woke.

The world has gone mad today.

What's next, the Bible?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-20-2023 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:28 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The new versions will probably be banned in Florida as too woke.

The world has gone mad today.

What's next, the Bible?
well Dr. Seuss! It is funny in politics if one side is doing something 90 percent and the other 10 ...the one doing it 90 percent of the time says its on 'both sides
Old 02-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
well Dr. Seuss! It is funny in politics if one side is doing something 90 percent and the other 10 ...the one doing it 90 percent of the time says its on 'both sides
It can only be a matter of time before some of the early Disney animated films are banned, if they are not already.

Old 02-20-2023, 12:02 PM

I'm not really sure how to feel about the Roald Dahl controversy. His most famous work, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, has already gone through extensive revisions since it was first released. The Oompa-Loompa's represented in the movie are nothing like they're originally described in his book. And editions of this book have featured altered descriptions for the Oompa-Loompa for a pretty long time. Mostly because even the original version was considered offensive shortly after it came out.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:02 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

[QUOTE=packs;2316454]I'm not really sure how to feel about the Roald Dahl controversy. His most famous work, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, has already gone through extensive revisions since it was first released. The Oompa-Loompa's represented in the movie are nothing like they're originally described in his book. And editions of this book have featured altered descriptions for the Oompa-Loompa for a pretty long time. Mostly because even the original version was considered offensive shortly after it came out.[/QUOTE

maybe can make a law that allows someone to make a 'different' book that is similar but has the 'changes' and they cant be sued by the original publisher...maybe give the original publisher a chance to 'change' it and if not then you can do a rip off version for profit...that way the original doesnt have to change if they dont want to change it..and capitalism is intact as well
Old 02-20-2023, 01:04 PM

I think you're misunderstanding. The original publisher of Charlie chose to release an updated version of the book with altered descriptions for the Oompa-Loompa's because of backlash directed at the original version.

I don't know where capitalism comes in.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:20 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
It can only be a matter of time before some of the early Disney animated films are banned, if they are not already.
Way back in 1959, the Stratemeyer Syndicate, owners of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew serial books, began revising these books. One reason was to reduce the size by about 40 pages, and to "modernize" the stories, but another big reason was to remove some pretty flagrant racial stereotypes and slurs. I have complete sets of these books, including almost all variations, and while the original stories are more interesting, some of the racial stuff is really blatant. Like, having a black servant barely able to speak English, and so on.

So, revising books to stay current with evolving social norms goes back at least half a century. The question will always be, how heavy should the hand be that pushes the revisions, and in what direction should the force be applied.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:25 PM

Hardly anyone gets up in arms about modern fairy tales. I've got news for everyone: most of them barely resemble the original story. The original fairy tale stories are often violent and bleak. If no one is upset about Hansel and Gretel's softening, why are they upset about Roald Dahl?
Old 02-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Way back in 1959, the Stratemeyer Syndicate, owners of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew serial books, began revising these books. One reason was to reduce the size by about 40 pages, and to "modernize" the stories, but another big reason was to remove some pretty flagrant racial stereotypes and slurs. I have complete sets of these books, including almost all variations, and while the original stories are more interesting, some of the racial stuff is really blatant. Like, having a black servant barely able to speak English, and so on.

So, revising books to stay current with evolving social norms goes back at least half a century. The question will always be, how heavy should the hand be that pushes the revisions, and in what direction should the force be applied.
Yeah, my fear is that the cure may be worse than the disease, once censorship becomes a norm. But that said, there is some horrifying stuff in early Disney for sure. Even Aladdin 1992 was awful in how it stereotyped Arab people.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:39 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. The original publisher of Charlie chose to release an updated version of the book with altered descriptions for the Oompa-Loompa's because of backlash directed at the original version.

I don't know where capitalism comes in.
i was giving a thought as to how to handle future issues when the government wants to ban or change words used by authors..
Old 02-20-2023, 01:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Hardly anyone gets up in arms about modern fairy tales. I've got news for everyone: most of them barely resemble the original story. The original fairy tale stories are often violent and bleak. If no one is upset about Hansel and Gretel's softening, why are they upset about Roald Dahl?
because its a question of degree....i am going to take a wild guess and assume the original fairy tale stories are a different level then then the willy wonka
Old 02-20-2023, 01:42 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Yeah, my fear is that the cure may be worse than the disease, once censorship becomes a norm. But that said, there is some horrifying stuff in early Disney for sure. Even Aladdin 1992 was awful in how it stereotyped Arab people.
There are terrible stereo types in rap music as well and the list goes on and on.. so ban everything
Old 02-20-2023, 01:45 PM

Isn't the intention the same? The original fairy tale was deemed too upsetting for children so it was altered to appeal to children of the time.

What's different about Roald Dahl's work?
Old 02-20-2023, 01:50 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
There are terrible stereo types in rap music as well and the list goes on and on.. so ban everything
Yes, that aspect of some rap seems to get a very large pass for the most part. Here is a very old piece by my classmate Kim Crenshaw.

https://www.bostonreview.net/article...-and-misogyny/

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-20-2023 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:04 PM

People like to bring up rap. What is it about rap that pushes buttons? Someone will be upset about the lyrics to a rap song but then talk about how much they love Goodfellas or any number of movies in that vein.

Last edited by packs; 02-20-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
People like to bring up rap. What is it about rap that pushes buttons? Someone will be upset about the lyrics to a rap song but then talk about how much they love Goodfellas or any number of movies in that vein.
The blatant vulgar misogyny, for one.

Old 02-20-2023, 02:10 PM

But that's what I mean. Isn't the same true for a ton of celebrated movies? Why does the music make it different?
Old 02-20-2023, 02:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
But that's what I mean. Isn't the same true for a ton of celebrated movies? Why does the music make it different?
I'm not sure what celebrated movies are as dehumanizing to women, especially black women, as some rap.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-20-2023 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:25 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
They've done similar things with more recent stories/movies already. IIRC, didn't the Space Jam: 2 movie remove Pepe Le Pew?
Old 02-20-2023, 02:36 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Spike lee seems to stereotype Italians. It's seems ok though for minorities to stereotype people , or is that a stereotype. Arrrgghh!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-20-2023, 07:26 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
You remember the old Mighty Mouse cartoons, where MM would inhale white powder to get himself charged up? You don't get to see those anymore.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2023, 07:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
You remember the old Mighty Mouse cartoons, where MM would inhale white powder to get himself charged up? You don't get to see those anymore.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Nowadays he would just take a CBD gummy, according to the 10 ads I get a day it can perform almost any miracle.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:48 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I'm not sure what celebrated movies are as dehumanizing to women, especially black women, as some rap.
right, again question of degree, music hits home at a more basic level as to the reality of rap music versus movies. To say that rap music impacts the youth that are depicted in the music in the real world the same as 'goodfellas' is silly

its really a silly comparison, there are gangs and gang life depicted in rap who are actual gangsters in real life, i guess al pacino is gangster as well... yeah i am sure in movies there are one or two but again its a quesition of degree and its not even close
Old 02-20-2023, 08:51 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Spike lee seems to stereotype Italians. It's seems ok though for minorities to stereotype people , or is that a stereotype. Arrrgghh!
we have black racist police against black now....will it ever be ok for someone to arrest someone of another race...seems hard enough to do it as the same race and still be a racist by the media and the talking heads
Old 02-20-2023, 08:54 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
What are the ton of celebrated movies you speak of.. i know i can google a ton of degrading rap videos of woman and also of actual gangsters in the videos. The real violence versus fantasy movie violence is distinct

There have been actual rappers shot and killed that were in the 'life', i am not aware of rival movies stars shooting each other over reputation and who knows why else. about 18 rappers have been shot and killed in the last 2 years or so........if they are not so different why dont i see people wearing shirts of dead movies stars that were murdered. There is a style of rap called 'battle rap' i am not aware of anything close in the celebrated movies, but i can tell you many of these battle rappers were the most popular at the time and celebrated.. Many of these murders were directly related to the rap game...not because of an angry spouse etc

..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._hop_musicians

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-20-2023 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:30 AM

You might remember, maybe not because it doesn't sound like you're a movie guy, but a whole host of Hollywood types in "the life" went to prison or face possible prison sentences because of some truly horrible things they've done to people in their industry. You may be even more shocked to learn that many more Hollywood types faced no consequences at all for what they did.

This is all to say there are bad people and bad themes in every medium, which is what my point is. Being a rapper doesn't say anything more about who you are than being an actor does.

Last edited by packs; 02-21-2023 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:07 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
You might remember, maybe not because it doesn't sound like you're a movie guy, but a whole host of Hollywood types in "the life" went to prison or face possible prison sentences because of some truly horrible things they've done to people in their industry.

You may be even more shocked to learn that many more Hollywood types faced no consequences at all for what they did.

At least one person, likley got AWAY with murder, was it somewhat in part to the color of his skin or his fame?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-21-2023, 10:43 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
You might remember, maybe not because it doesn't sound like you're a movie guy, but a whole host of Hollywood types in "the life" went to prison or face possible prison sentences because of some truly horrible things they've done to people in their industry. You may be even more shocked to learn that many more Hollywood types faced no consequences at all for what they did.

This is all to say there are bad people and bad themes in every medium, which is what my point is. Being a rapper doesn't say anything more about who you are than being an actor does.
Amazing post. Some are quick to turn a blind eye to rapist Hollywood folks but focus on rappers.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
At least one person, likley got AWAY with murder, was it somewhat in part to the color of his skin or his fame?
I attribute that to the ineptness of the prosecution more than anything.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:38 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Amazing post. Some are quick to turn a blind eye to rapist Hollywood folks but focus on rappers.
Who is turning a blind eye?

Old 02-21-2023, 12:04 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
right there have not been any rape scandals in rap either and rape against minors in the music world ....
Old 02-21-2023, 12:07 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
murder is also a unique category, murder is the highest cause death for certain youths.....unfortunately in lots of areas in life, only killing/murder gets people attention...the fact i can show you 18 murders in just one genre of murder directly related to that art form is telling... there is no hollywood comparison
Old 02-21-2023, 12:10 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

Right being black or white doesnt mean anything either. So thats a a bunch of nothing. However if you want to compare the 30th best selling rappers on spotify versus the 30th best selling actors...i am going to take a wild guess that the murder rate/criminal is higher for rappers, maybe its an age thing...but it is what it is...as don lemon says 'google it'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-21-2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Right being black or white doesnt mean anything either. So thats a a bunch of nothing. However if you want to compare the 30th best selling rappers on spotify versus the 30th best selling actors...i am going to take a wild guess that the murder rate/criminal is higher for rappers, maybe its an age thing...but it is what it is...as don lemon says 'google it'
Do you think that everything in a rap song reflects an actual life? I'm sure you're familiar with marketing and selling an image. But all of your posts about rappers and rap music seems to come from a POV that the song is real life.

Anyway, I’m not saying violence in hip hop doesn’t exist. Only that it seems to get put under a microscope. Every genre has its own issues that seem to follow them. I’m thinking of overdoses in the rock world, for example. And then there are a number of violent deaths that have little connection to music itself like Selena, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye and John Lennon.

Last edited by packs; 02-21-2023 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:28 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

My, this has gone off the rails... I like how each one of these "controversial" topic threads gets more absurd than the last! 🙃
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry