NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Default Why don't sellers of cards use their brains? Are some just lazy?

Posted By: Bob

I know I'm not the first to bring up this subject but when you sell a card on ebay and someone sends you a polite email asking a question about the card and expressing interest, why the heck don't you answer the frigging question? As an example, I found three cards I wanted to buy with the BIN but had a question because you can't always trust the grading companies to give a PSA 4 or 5 or SGC 50 or GAI 4 or 5 and there not be any creases or wrinkles. All 3 cards were HOFers, 2 answered promptly and very cordially and I bought both cards, the third, shaqfu1, never answered either of my emails despite the fact I let him know I was very interested. He lost a sale of a $400 card, maybe two. I guess he is "big" enough to not worry about the little guy. Very discouraging, very dumb, and he goes on my list of sellers to ignore in the future. I hope no one here is this person but judging by his huge feedback transaction number, I'd guess he is a dealer only.
Sorry for the rant, I just don't get it....

Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I have dealt with this also recently. Except the seller that I sent the question to waited till after the auction had ended to answer me. I figured it was his loss since I may have bidded higher or pushed the high bid with a lower bid of my own. Maybe some sellers like losing money. That's my opinion.

Jantz

Old 10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: nbrazil

there has been a lot of complaints about shaqfu. I believe he has another ebay Id, redzone. I avoid his auctions like the plague. I remember a few years ago he was still selling GEM cards...maybe he still is.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Ivey

To me, it sometimes seems that "powerseller" translates to "power trip".

Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Erick Lewin

I too have had a similar experience a few weeks ago. However, not witht the same seller i don't think. I don't remember the seller or item now, but i think it was something maybe over $100, and i never received a response to my question. I just considered it his loss and decided not to bid on anything from him. I don't understand that either

Old 10-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimi

I stay away from his auctions as well. I purchased some items he said were not VG, and most had writing on them that we undetectable in the scans. BEWARE!

Jimi

Old 10-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Tbob,

Yours is my favorite kind of post. It asks a question and gives the correct answer, all in the same message title.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Why bother listing an item if do not intend to answer questions? Even the most thorough description/scans may not be sufficient. Within the last year I passed on a small collection of N302's because the seller would not return multiple emails. The collection sold for about half of market value. My loss? Possibly. But if the seller would have given acceptable answers to my questions he potentially could have doubled his money.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Prillaman

Just a quick note - if you ask a question in the last 12 hours of an auction, and do not include your email, the seller cannot respond if the item has bids.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Jeff - are you sure about that? I thought the seller just can't post the answer to your qquesiotn on the item page, but they can still respond.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

My questions were asked days in advance. I also agree with the last post. I had someone ask me a question about 15 minutes before one of my auctions went off, I immediately answered him since I happened to be on-line and he thanked me and won the item

Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

It really depends on the seller, I have been on eBay for 10 years and have always responded. I treat the eBay process as a business, even though I love collecting cards and only sell part-time. What it comes down to is the hobby has a mix of personalities were sometimes it just seems difficult for others to respond better or not at all. If I am not available during the weekend, I use the vacation settings on my eBay store. What I would do is just move on to a different seller that you can work with, there is always more cards to buy.

Jimmy