NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Default Trading Advice

Although I have never traded through the mail, I may have the chance to do so. Does anybody have any advice for a novice trader who is looking to swap a pretty high-end vintage card? It's not like you have the same level of security involved in a credit card purchase. Thanks.
--Rob
Old 09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
David Pierson
Banned

If you're trading with a member in good standing of this forum, you're probably pretty safe.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Trade with a respected member. Make sure you both use tracking numbers and use insurance if it makes you feel better.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Cain J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
If you're trading with a member in good standing of this forum, you're probably pretty safe.
+1 I was a little hesitate at first too. I gave it a shot and have had many successful transactions with multiple members including trades.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 AM
M!ke S@il£r

This is actually a very good topic. I have done a fair amount of trading on BST and some other sites with no problems. However, there are some cards in my collection that I would have a hard time simply throwing in the mail. I would assume auction houses or other well-known card dealers offer a service in which two trading partners can mail cards to the dealer and the cards are forwarded to the new owner.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Richard L.

If a board member here you can send Leon an email, he has a good handle on most I think?. As for shipping, I'd go with sig confirmation and full insurance over 1000 registered.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

Many great trades with members here.

Make sure Leon or a veteran member vouches for the person. Always send with signature confirmation (I use DC if less than $50), if you do not have a collectibles insurance policy to cover loss then purchase insurance, remember you are responsible for the card getting to the trade partner if the card does not make it you will have to cover the loss. Package the cards well, throwing a card in a bubble mailer with no protection is asking for trouble.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I will always help members facilitate trades or sales. Just PM me on anything....