NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default A scammer (and buyer) to watch out for

Posted By: dennis

pathetic...

Old 09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

The scambuster "t205taol" has changed his name to "scourgeofscammers". Classic!

Old 09-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Adamsdad452000/Tom Regos has bid on 493 auctions since 8/29/04. He's currently the high bidder on 14. He's already burned David Seaborn and Lew Lipset. If he has a habit of not paying for auctions then other seller's should take heed and start blocking his bids. He's definitely bad news.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Administrator

If I remember correctly, you get booted from Ebay if you receive three Non-Paying Bidder alerts. I would think that this guy must already have at least 2. One almost hopes that he won't pay for another auction, so Ebay can shut him down.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 09-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

check out the winning shiller's handle: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5121770569

Old 09-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BillyB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5121770569
Auction Ended: Sep-08-04 12:31:55 PDT
feedback left for seller Sep-28-04 12:38 (can you paypal a card now????)
feedback left for buyer Sep-08-04 13:59

Old 09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Scott,
I discovered the same "coincidence" a couple of posts ago. Isn't it interesting that a guy who claims not to be Dr.Bond follows all the same moves and has a mystery high bidder with Bond in his handle? I sent him a couple of e-mails and here was his reply:

Subject: Re: Sporting News Ruth: Still available?
Date: 9/28/2004 10:47:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: AJohnBaxter@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet

you know what you and a bunch of other losers, who have nothing better to do but harass sellers and buyers on ebay, go shop for a life, saw one offered for sale on ebay! and please get out of my life and affairs. stop trying to be the legal and moral watchdogs of the human race, cause it seems to me and a lot of others, that people who constantly have their noses up someone else's ass, is just sniffing gas! i work in the legal field also by the by. i am legally insane

Don't Worry Tom, We agree with you. LMFAO

Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

One thing I noticed about that Ruth is it doesn't have the tell-tale space between the borders... I may be missing something here but is this a new type of fake... I mean I get it's not real but looks different than the other reprints?

Old 09-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

It seems like everything Tom Regos sells is fake. How did he get a fake Anson Cabinet? I was not aware that they made counterfits of that cabinet? Would it not be pretty darn hard to make up a fake Cabinet mount with all the writing and color on it and thewn make up a fake photo to mount on the cabinet that is clear? How many other fake Cabinets hasd anyone seen that has NOT been reprinted?

Old 09-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Administrator

doesn't mean he's NOT a disablerd vet AND legally insane...wars aren't good for people.

Doesn't even mean he waasn't a nasty guy BEFORE--whatever war it was.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Tom's latest offering:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=5127366159&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

Notice how he describes this card:

ONLY ONE 8-PSA-GRADED BY MIKE BAKER. THAT ONE WENT FOR MID-SIX FIGURES IN MASTRONET AUCTION!!! THIS IS A HIGHER END COPY.

Too bad that whopper pinhole and horrible condition does exempt it from PSA 9 status. Or PSA 8. Or 7. Or 6. Or...well, you get the picture.

Later he claims that the card should go for 2 million if only Joe Jackson were in the HOF.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I personally like how he accuses shill bidders of harming his auctions...he is such a moron...it is also interesting that you can not see the holder, grade, or serial number of the card...

-Joshua

Old 09-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

WAS TOLD HONESTLY BY GAI: IF THIS WERE AN 8 GRADE LIKE THE WAGNER T-206 VALUED AT 1.3 MILLION, AND JOE WERE IN THE HALL, THE CARD WOULD LIKELY GO FOR 2 MILLION EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 million peso's

Old 09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BOTN

This was Levi's card in a PSA 1 not too long ago. I doubt this weasel owns the card. It would be the first authentic vintage card he has sold and why should he break tradition.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

I think everyone is getting under his skin. He included these statements in the auction:

JONESBOND28, AND NICOVU, AND A COUPLE OTHER SHILL BIDDERS ARE OUT TO RUIN MY CREDIBILITY AND AUCTIONS. BE AWARE!!! THESE ARE EBAY REPORTED AND SOON TO BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY SHILL BUYERS WHO INFLATE AND LOCK OUT ALL OTHER BIDDERS, JUST TO WIN AUCTIONS AND GIVE THE SELLER BAD FEEDBACK AND STICK US WITH INFLATED SELLER COMMISSIONS AND FEES. THEY ARE SIMPLY FRUSTRATED, DISGRUNTLED FORMER BUYERS OF MYSELF AND A FEW OTHER WELL-KNOWN, HONEST, SELLERS LIKE ME, AND THEY ARE SPREADING THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES TO OTHER BIDDERS AND OTHER AUCTION SITES. THEY WILL ULTIMATELY RUIN EBAY'S GOOD REPUTATION OF HONEST SELLERS AND BUYERS. BEWARE!! EBAY, AND BEWARE OTHER BIDDERS/BUYERS/SELLERS. OF THE ABOVE ID'S. WILL KEEP POSTING MORE SHILL ID'S AS THEY APPEAR.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: david

i am a little confused by this guy. is he an attorney or an unemployed veteran of two wars? if he is going to scam people at least have a consistent story

Old 09-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John/z28jd

According to someone at GAI they did grade the card yesterday,so im guessing he bought the card from Levi,broke it out to make high quality copies of it to sell as originals and now he really does need the money because everyones on to him.My best guess now is that he makes his own copies of cards he actually owns

Why else would you crack a card out of a psa1 holder in such bad shape and put it into a gai holder when theres no chance it will grade a 2

Old 09-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

I think we should all be more respectful to our disabled, wheelchair bound, war heroes with bad hearts, who, despite all the obstacles, are able to go to law school and make something of their lives, win the girl and start a family, only to see their life torn apart when their crack addicted wife files for divorce and forces them to sell their life's passion to pay legal fees and child support.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Administrator

I emailed the seller to ask for a better scan and the serial number on the back of the Shoeless Joe. Here is his response:

"The scan of back is best i can do, with present scanner. serial no:10214445. graded at offices of GAI, in Irvine Ca. 9/28/04, by mike baker, owner. but buy quick, cause 7 other buyers want it now also. first one is the winner of course."

Wow, 7 other buyers want to pay 15K for that card. I guess it makes sense considering its sure to be worth in the neighborhood of 2 mil.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Read the Fine PRINT

Josh,

Read the fine print - it would be worth $2,000,000 if it were a PSA 8. Lets give this seller some credit. Even an idiot like him knows it's only worth $15,000 with a pin hole in it. He even said himself that 7 other people want it. Why does everyone dislike this guy so much? In our society we need people like him. Without him the mental health care system would collapse. Doctors and nurses would be out of work and lets not forget about the guys that chase these guys with straight jackets. Then there are the cooks that make their food and the janitors that clean their mess. And that's only one part of the industry. What about the people that makes those little pills that help subdue these people and make them happy people. OK, I guess you're all correct here, this moron doesn't take his happy pills but you have to figure that he's going to go too far sometime and be institutionalized. Hopefully in a state pen with a room mate named Big Bubba.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gary B.

I decided to send our friend here an e-mail from a special e-mail account I have where I don't care about getting junk mail and is unconnected with ebay. I think you'll enjoy this. I'll let you know if he responds

Subject: Questions on your current Joe Jackson E90-1 Auction

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the Joe Jackson auction you have currently on ebay.

Actually, you'll kind of be settling a bet a friend of mine and I have. With the recent negative feedback you've recently received for being a criminal, my friend thinks there's about a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of anyone making a legitimate bid on your Jackson card, but I think it's more like 1 in 5,000,000. Who do you think is closer to the actual odds? Of course, when you take into consideration that if anyone did give a legitimate bid, they would be notified so fast you're a criminal that the chances of you getting any actual MONEY from a bidder for this auction are more like 1 in 500,000,000, but we didn't bet on that - I just thought it was an interesting piece of side trivia.

Also, he thinks that you'll be in jail within 6 months if you continue to rip people off, but I think if you're careful, you'll make it 2 more years before doing serious jail time. Who do you think is more accurate?

Our last bet concerns how long your ebay account will stay active. I say you'll be "no longer a registered user" within a week, but he says you've got more like two weeks. I understand if you can't answer that one as it's so speculative, but time will tell on this bet. We do both agree however that within a week of your account being disabled that you'll set up a new scam account, and we both agree that all the vintage card collectors will find you again and make sure you can't steal from anyone before you get the chance. Thought that was particularly interesting - the fact that we agree and all, since we're so often like the Siskel and Ebert of friends, always disagreeing on the fine points. I digress.

Anyway, any help you can give me to settle this will be much appreciated. I've got a couple hundred riding on these bets, and you can understand the value of making a fast buck outside of the usual hassles that have to do with the law, taxes and other nasty stuff like that, so I'm hoping your answers will go more in my direction. Got my fingers crossed!

Good luck on your current auction, your ebay account and your career as a thief and a liar. Oh yeah, and remember, change is always possible...

Thanks for your time.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Classic - goes into the email hall of fame.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Administrator

TO THE FBI

Old 09-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Administrator

TO THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION!

Old 09-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I, cough, bought one of his 5 dollar newspapers and here is his response, after he gave me negative feedback an hour after the auction ended:

"pay up asswhipe lawyer. you bought something and you accuse me of ****, well here is your ****, wipe it up or eat it, either way your a ****** buyer."

Of course, the beauty of ebay when you're not a seller is that I could care less if I get negative feedback. He, on the other hand, depends upon feedback to continue his frauds. Amazing, that even a day later this guy is still active on ebay. Unreal.

[edited]

Old 09-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

The horrible anti-Semitism (being also Jewish myself) or his horrendous spelling. I mean "asswhipe?" Come now...

Old 09-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

i suggest we harness the power of this board and have each one of us send a polite email to your man adamsdad452000 (via the ebay "ask seller a question" link). reasonable topics would include queries about the rank odor emanating from his dwelling, complaints about the noisiness of his un-oiled wheelchair, and general comments about the evolving weather patterns across central asia. an invitation to try a free 30-day trial of a natural male-enhancement product might also be on target.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

By now, we all know the kind of filth that this guys spews in response to emails. I'd like to ask that we stop quoting him verbatim, since it's offensive to everyone who reads it.

Bill

Old 09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron M.

Gary, thanks to you this is offcially one of the greatest threads in VBC history.

Is it wrong that I take immense pleasure in listening to how my fellow posters are tormenting this guy? Nah.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Administrator

...forgot to say I was female..drats.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:22 AM
Administrator

any idea what this card(in this condition) would go for if bidding started at resonable reserve. or what levi sold it for? it really is a good card!

Old 09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Out of respect for Bill's wishes, I won't post his respone to me here. Just assume it's the usual insults, threats and lies.

I responded to him with a much more serious e-mail this time going into great detail about some of our pooled knowledge, letting him know in no uncertain terms that he could drop the pretense because we know without a shadow of a doubt that he's a criminal, and I pointed out some of the many contradictory statements and lies he has made to the point where has to know absolutely that we KNOW.

One fairly innocuous thing he said after telling me he was reporting me to all kinds of organizations was to "keep it up." I told him, "we will, until you stop trying to rip people off." Aside from using humor to badger him, this is what it's really all about - stopping him from trying to steal from people.

I just can't believe this guy...

Old 09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Gary how about starting an ebay auction just for him....

Bid now on adamsdad45200's morals.These morals are brand new,never been used.If youve had bad morals in the past and want to start anew why not buy these and get a 2nd chance.If bidding goes over 100 dollars ill throw in his common sense and decency too.All 3 should grade 8 or better by GAI as they now grade unopened packs

Old 09-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I'm also collecting the Adamsdad card sub-set "The 7 Deadly Sins" - I picked up the 'gluttony' card yesterday, featuring Tom Regos and a room full of old baseball articles.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I am seriously thinking about bidding in any auction specifically for adamsdad452000...I think the title of it should be...

"Scammer Fun"

I think it would be awesome