NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Default Charles Conlon Estate

Posted By: David

Does anyone know the contact info for the Charles Conlon estate. I was asked about how to obtain a copy of one of his photos, and I know that the Conlon estate or whomever handles his property occasionally releases modern reprints of his photos.

Otherwise, the desired photo is the famous one of Cobb sliding into third base-- and if anyone has an idea how to get a copy, let me know.

This person had already contacte The Sporting News, where Colon was an editor, and they told him that they don't release images to the general public

Thank in advance

Old 08-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

my info may be dated, but last I knew, The Sporting News had all the original glass negatives. But this was in the 80s

Jay

Old 08-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

a private conmpany which went broke in 1995. oR AFTER 1995. They are great b+w commemorative baseball cards with fantastic stuff on the back. Big, not-so-high-ticket dealers sometimes adcvertise them. Kit Young, Fritsch.

Thomas Appleby
P.O. Box 568
Trenton, MI 48183

sells the 5 series. I would not by a 1995 series--it's only about 100 cards, for $200,again, even though it is very hard to find. I think it was a mistake to pay that much for a commerative card series. The other series are 300+ cards each, and some come in beautiful tin boxes. And the 1993 series SOMETIMES comes with 6 1992 autographed cards (first thing i won since i won the door prize at a Boy Sciout dance in 1946). "Ty Cobb Stesls Third" is of course among them.

I got 9-10 original Conlon photos at auctions--but haven't seen any lately.

Julie

Old 08-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

The AP has issued and reissued this photo to participating clients as late as the 1970s. I may have some more info on this if you want it...

Old 08-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Thanks to all for the input. I'll keep a look out for a later generation wire photo example.