NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default 520-card T206 set live auction in Buckingham, Pennsylvania

Last Saturday I attended a really interesting auction at a nearby Auction house here in Pennsy. This auction regularly features Revolutionary War stuff, early Colonial Furniture,
signed Presidential Documents, etc. Recently, a local resident consigned his near complete T206 set. All 520 cards were raw. The majority of them were Vg-Ex to Ex condition.
Each card in this set was individually sold....and, bidding was quite brisk.

FYI....the following lists the major cards and the $$$$ realized in the bidding............

Demmitt (St Lo) ........ 3700
O'Hara (St Lo) .......... 1025 (crease)
Cobb (red) ............... 2200
Cobb (green) ............ 1600
Cobb (bat on) ............ 950
Cobb (bat off) ............ 925
Johnson (portrait) ...... 1050
Johnson (pitching) ....... 450
Matty (portrait) .......... 675
Matty (white cap) ....... 520
Matty (dark cap) ......... 450
CYoung (portrait) ........ 775
CYoung (glove) ........... 625
CYoung (arm) ............. 425
Elberfeld (por-Wash) .... 800
Dahlen (Brooklyn) ........ 380
Lundgren (Cubs) .......... 250
H. Smith (LENOX) ....... 1400

Other than the Happy Smith with the LENOX back, there were 20 cards with TOLSTOI backs, a Willett with a CYCLE 460 back.......and, most of the other cards were either the
usual PIEDMONT's or SWEET CAPORAL's.

Except for 10 of the following cards which happen to be tough SWEET CAPORAL 460, Factory 42 cards. I won all 10 of these....and with the Gandil and McGraw (which I already
had)....I was able to complete my "Exclusive 12" run with this back. All together, I won 62 cards at this auction (including 7 - HOFer's).

TED Z