NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: Dave

Just sitting here wondering where the next "major find" of significance will come from, and what type cards they will be. anyone have any information on the most recent finds of any type? t206's, e-cards, t-cards? does it always end up with an old relative dying? any actually come from some antique off some backwoods road? and i'm not asking about mr mints finds...heard enough about them..

Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: JimB

Sportscardsplus is currently auctioning a pretty amazing highgrade New York city T206 find. I don't know th details, but I believe it was a Sotheby's customer that walked into Sotheby's with them.
JimB

Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Well I know Jason had his Cracker Jack find....although either I totally missed the details on it as well or there weren't any. I guess its about as good of odds as winning the lottery..well maybe not quite. I was thinking about it because in a few weeks taking a trip up into the mountains of North Carolina. I thought what better place to try and find some off the main drag little antique shop in the middle of nowhere and stumble across a couple old tobacco cards. I would imagine North Carolina would be as good a place as any for that.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: Joe Jones

I am not sure if you consider this a find. I recently found (1) T207 Red Cross. Not sure if this individual card is new to the hobby?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds

But would be pretty cool none the less....where did you find your one T207 Red Cross? I know they are pretty rare, as there haven't been any PSA slabbed cards auctioned off in past year anyway...

Old 12-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: Anonymous

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=13088

Old 12-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: Jason Duncan

Hey-

My find just happened on pure luck. I am a builder by trade and I happened to need some MDF material to trim out a door with. I was heading to Home Depot when I passed my friend's shop who does my hardwood floors. Instead of driving o the next town for a small piece of MDF, I dropped in his shop. Of course had had the scrap piece I needed. While I was there he informed me of a new flooring tool line that he had just bought a distributorship in. He asked if I had ever sold on the internet and if he knew a way he could maybe market these tools online. I just mentioned that I messed around with old baseball cards on eBay. He couldn't believe that people spend so much money non old carboard......go figure. Anyway he mentioned he had an old business partner who was a stock broker who had some old baseball cards he inherited. I took this as I did every other local inquiry about cards....with a grain of salt. Anyway he called the guy right there and the guy told me had had some old Cracker Jack cards. Within 45 minutes he brought up an old alblum with 120+ cards. I started to add up the values and he told me his firm price he wanted. I paid him 2 hours later and the rest is history. Just pure luck is all. Apparantly about 20 years ago he inherited these from the original owner. He had handled their financial affairs and estate and when they passed he inherited the house and all contents. He found the cards rubberbanded in an old roll top desk. They were checklisted with a piece of paper to make a complete set. The original owner had try to put 1 set together between both years. Unfortunately no Shoeless Joe or 1914 Matty, but still a terrific find....especially from the midwest. I could just imagine what may be out there. If I found these on dumb luck then what else is stored away in old places? Any input or speculation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Wow Jason......that is something. I know a lot of luck plays into it. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a card to two when in North Carolina...it is tobacco road after all.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Default Major finds

Posted By: Jason Duncan

I would imagine there has to be alot of uncovered gems out there. This guy did have a grip on value so he knew his price going into it. I was just fortunate enough to be the one to buy them. He was very happy with the amount he received and I was happy with the cards. He got a good price. I probably could have negotiated a couple thousand or something but I didnt want to run him off. With them being raw cards he got a fair deal. I would love to keep them all but I need to recoop some of my cost.

Jason