NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-13-2020, 04:16 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
Yea, maybe by Christmas!!!

LOL......seems a little soon all things considering.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:18 PM
Travis Bid.ner

Any update with this one?

Also would like to add a few AMERICAN BEAUTIES
350 frame,no frame and/or 460
Old 10-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Robert Williams

Still languishing in Research and ID.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Charlie

Hey Bobby, how are things? I saw were you said you have a handful of submissions out currently with PSA. Just wondering if there was any updates on this one?

I missed out getting in on your most recent grouping. I have some T206. So instead of grading what I had, I bought some more T206 (from some Net54 members also) for the next group submission. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
We are officially logged in.,
And just another query on the 1959 Sub - Been logged in right at 4 months now

Old 12-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Robert Williams

Research and ID.....4 months is nothing, as they are taking 2 months just to log stuff in......the last group sub took 9 months if that is any indicator, and they are even more backed up NOW than they are then.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:00 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
By the sounds of it we will be lucky if it's Easter.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
By the sounds of it we will be lucky if it's Easter.
Who knows....I got all paperwork filed away in a folder.....when it pops, it pops........I have long learned to have the patience of Job in dealings with PSA.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:11 AM

Alright! Tick Tock....

Thanks again, Bobby

PreWar NYAL cards, photos, etc.
WantList: Mendelsohns Marsans; Rose 760PC Niles; Koester Mitchell; Koester Ferguson;1924 Diaz Roettger
Successful deals with 60+ board members
Old 02-11-2021, 06:47 PM
Robert Williams

I have ZERO news to report....we are still in R&I. Just didn't want this to get buried TOO much!
Old 02-15-2021, 03:59 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

I noticed the value limit was $100.00 for this particular submission special, when it was sent in, back in June 2020. I have recently participated in two submission groups (Bobby’s pre-war one, and the recent swinging 60s one).

Each special has its own value limit. When is the value calculated? Is it at the time the company accepts the money and order, or is it at the time the actual grading occurs?

If it’s when the grading actually occurs, then I imagine a lot of cards will exceed the limit, considering the long delays and the fact prices just keep going up. I hope the grading companies calculate the card’s value on the date the order and money is accepted.

$100 Willie Mays and Hank Aaron cards from May/June 2020 are now going for $300.00. I would not be happy if a card was under the threshold amount when I submitted it, and due to the long delays and crazy market prices, increases to over the value limit and the grading company, more than 9 months after sitting on it, refuses to grade the card because its value now exceeds the threshold.

Anyone know the answer or have any experience with this? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:17 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

PSA will still grade the cards. The value once they're graded allows PSA to upcharge to the service level those cards now would require to cover return shipping insurance. So PSA reserves the right to upcharge, and because they track graded card sales on eBay with their Auction Prices Realized tool, they may contact the submitter and say that 16 cards now require upgrading to Regular service level, and they might charge Bobby $20-50/card now for those 16. It all depends on what they want to do.
Bobby would then reach out to the owner and let them know they'll need to add more money to their return shipping to cover the costs of the upgrade.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:29 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
PSA will still grade the cards. The value once they're graded allows PSA to upcharge to the service level those cards now would require to cover return shipping insurance. So PSA reserves the right to upcharge, and because they track graded card sales on eBay with their Auction Prices Realized tool, they may contact the submitter and say that 16 cards now require upgrading to Regular service level, and they might charge Bobby $20-50/card now for those 16. It all depends on what they want to do.
Bobby would then reach out to the owner and let them know they'll need to add more money to their return shipping to cover the costs of the upgrade.
The special is a comprise between customers and grading companies. The customer receives discounted fees in exchange for a longer than usual waiting period. The grading company receives increased volume in exchange for lower fees. Both parties give up something to receive something. A trade off.

So, if a customer submitted 10 cards worth $75.00 each on June 1, 2020, and they are worth $150.00 each 10 months later, when the company gets around to grading them, the customer has not received the benefit of the bargain and has actually lost.

He does not receive the discounted fee, and has to pay the full boat rate, despite each card qualifying under the threshold value amount when he paid and dropped them into the mail. Moreover, because they were in a bulk submission, he had to wait even extra longer just to eventually pay the full boat rate. This is a nightmare scenario.

This scenario permits a grading company to actually benefit for running a slow operation. The company gets an interest free loan on you money for 10 months, and then gets to ask you for even more capital at the end - all while you had to wait longer than usual because you originally submitted them in a bulk rate submission. This is a dream scenario for the grading companies.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:32 PM
John Wondowski

How does PSA get an interest free loan?
Old 02-15-2021, 05:35 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
How does PSA get an interest free loan?
A company has your money for 10 months before performing the contracted for services. You don’t think having the money for 10 months before performing the services is not essentially equivalent to an interest free loan?
Old 02-15-2021, 05:36 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
A company has your money for 10 months before performing the contracted for services. You don’t think having the money for 10 months before performing the services is not essentially equivalent to an interest free loan?
Incorrect. PSA doesn't charge you until the grading is over. Beckett charges when the submission gets there, no matter how long it takes them to complete.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:37 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:

PSA does not charge for grading until the cards have been graded, or did this change?
Old 02-15-2021, 05:41 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Quote:
PSA does not charge for grading until the cards have been graded, or did this change?
I stand corrected if this is not the case. The company I have utilized in the past has made me pay upfront. I didn’t realize each company had different payment policies. I assumed (and that is where I made my mistake) that the industry norm was for payment upfront.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:47 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
I stand corrected if this is not the case. The company I have utilized in the past has made me pay upfront. I didn’t realize each company had different payment policies. I assumed (and that is where I made my mistake) that the industry norm was for payment upfront.
No problem. I was unaware this was varied within the industry. Would tick me off a little - salt in the wound. On the other hand, I would have forgotten about payment if I subbed. Silver lining!

On a different note, I have subbed through Bobby and I wound not go through the work and turmoil he does on a group sub. The man has the patience of Job. Always appreciate it, Bobby!
Old 02-15-2021, 06:00 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
No problem. I was unaware this was varied within the industry. Would tick me off a little - salt in the wound. On the other hand, I would have forgotten about payment if I subbed. Silver lining!

On a different note, I have subbed through Bobby and I wound not go through the work and turmoil he does on a group sub. The man has the patience of Job. Always appreciate it, Bobby!
I totally agree. I truly appreciate Bobby allowing us to participate. I’m sure it is a lot of work and a lot to keep up with.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:40 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I totally agree. I truly appreciate Bobby allowing us to participate. I’m sure it is a lot of work and a lot to keep up with.
I didn't mind it...I actually think it is fun.....but waiting 9-10 months before cards come back is TOTALLY not fun. I have to file everything away and hope not to forget any little idiosyncrisies that happened.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:15 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Looks like we should be getting close on this sub according to the site they are
graded through August 3 and Bobby posted that this one logged in on August 13.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:41 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Looks like we should be getting close on this sub according to the site they are
graded through August 3 and Bobby posted that this one logged in on August 13.
FWIW - We are still waiting on bulk sub that logged in back around last part of May/beginning part of June

So "graded thru August 3" (if not an outright lie) doesn't necessarily mean shipped
Old 03-20-2021, 05:57 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
FWIW - We are still waiting on bulk sub that logged in back around last part of May/beginning part of June

So "graded thru August 3" (if not an outright lie) doesn't necessarily mean shipped
I think this is the one you're talking about Lonnie.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:15 AM

I thought that we submitted under a quarterly special; those are currently processing orders logged by July 13th. That would make it at least another month away from grading, wouldn't it?
Old 03-20-2021, 11:06 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportDaniel View Post
I thought that we submitted under a quarterly special; those are currently processing orders logged by July 13th. That would make it at least another month away from grading, wouldn't it?
This sub is so old, they were monthly specials back then....lol
Old 03-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Robert Williams

We stayed in R&I for the longestttttttttttttttttttttt time. It just moved to grading like 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:26 AM
Chr$stopher Pett$

It might be 12 months or more total round trip- unbelievable
Old 03-20-2021, 12:24 PM
Lonnie Nagel

I think there have been at least 2 slab revisions since Bobby submitted those.... 😊
Old 03-21-2021, 10:02 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I think there have been at least 2 slab revisions since Bobby submitted those.... 😊
LOLOLOLOL!!!! Good one!! ! We submitted when the company USED to be public and sell stock over the NYSE. They also had monthly specials back then instead of quarterly specials.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:59 PM
Travis Bid.ner

What step are these in now? Any update? Should be getting close. I will be surprised when these show up. I will have to look on the computer to see what I sent in.

Also would like to add a few AMERICAN BEAUTIES
350 frame,no frame and/or 460
Old 04-14-2021, 11:45 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
What step are these in now? Any update? Should be getting close. I will be surprised when these show up. I will have to look on the computer to see what I sent in.
STILL in grading. The last completed thru date was August 2nd. These are August 12th. I am sure there are orders older than this one out there, but not very many.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:08 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Bobby,

This is the 1950s Submission from last June?
Old 04-14-2021, 01:18 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Bobby,

This is the 1950s Submission from last June?
Correct....it took PSA two months to simply log them in....so the actual clock started on August 12th.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:34 AM
Robert Williams

I feel like we should be getting close, but nothing changes. Every single day. I thought they were supposed to be working on these old orders?
Old 04-16-2021, 06:37 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
I feel like we should be getting close, but nothing changes. Every single day. I thought they were supposed to be working on these old orders?
Yeah the CTD hasn't moved from August 2 for over a week.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:25 AM

Friday the complete through date changed from August 2nd to August 3rd. If it takes a week to move it every day on the calendar then we are only ten weeks away from order completion! What's another two and a half months at this point?
Old 04-25-2021, 11:48 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Friday the complete through date changed from August 2nd to August 3rd. If it takes a week to move it every day on the calendar then we are only ten weeks away from order completion! What's another two and a half months at this point?
So are looking at "Quarterly Specials"? as I dont see a category for "Bulk Submission" which is what we sent it in as -

Service Level Complete Through Date
Walk-Through 20 Apr 2021
Super Express 13 Apr 2021
Express 16 Feb 2021
Regular 3 Feb 2021
Economy 3 Sept 2020
Reholder 30 Sept 2020
Collectors Club Vouchers 8 Sept 2020
Value - Ultra Modern 3 Sept 2020
Value - Modern 9 Aug 2020
Value - Vintage 15 Sept 2020
Value - TCG 15 Aug 2020
Quarterly Specials 3 Aug 2020
Old 04-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Torture.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you guys just have arranged a met up in a parking lot somewhere and beat each other over the heads with sticks for an hour?
Old 04-26-2021, 05:15 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
It took two weeks to move one day it was at August 2nd the week of April 12.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:21 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Torture.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you guys just have arranged a met up in a parking lot somewhere and beat each other over the heads with sticks for an hour?
hmmmm- that still sounds like an attractive option for us....
Old 04-26-2021, 06:36 AM
Robert Williams

This sub was sent in under a "monthly" special. That is how old it is. The specials used to change every month. Monthly special isn't even on the list. I assume it has fallen under the "quarterly" special. I understand everyone is mad and impatient. I am impatient too. PSA has taught me to have the patience of Job however. I tried to look at the bright side of everything. The bright side in this instance is that the values have increased dramatically since these have been sent in.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:36 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Sadly, when I called about my crossover submission, mind you they are already psa graded, just adding an auto grade, they said service varies by demand. "At least a few more months"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-26-2021, 06:41 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Sadly, when I called about my crossover submission, mind you they are already psa graded, just adding an auto grade, they said service varies by demand. "At least a few more months"
It's a hot mess right now Ted. There is ZERO sugar coating anything. There are a lot of people to blame. We can take a poll...

#1) PSA themselves for not hiring and planning in advance.

#2) Ja Morant and Zion Williamson. The explosion of the modern market.

#3) Pokemon and Magic the Gathering.

I doubt very seriously vintage is the cause of any of this. We are just caught up in the tide thanks to everyone else.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:57 AM
Lonnie Nagel

via GIPHY

Old 04-30-2021, 01:56 PM
Robert Williams

Last CTD is August 4th. We are August 12th. I can't help but feel we are close.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:04 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Last CTD is August 4th. We are August 12th. I can't help but feel we are close.
They were at August 3rd on April 4th 26 days ago so at that rate they should be graded in around 208 100 days.

Actually I see I was wrong the CTD date moved two days since the beginning of April but it's still
at a point where it's ridiculous. They supposedly stopped all submissions except the walk-through
and super express to get caught up but the CTD dates were moving faster before the shut down
than they are now.

Last edited by Pat R; 04-30-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
They were at August 3rd on April 4th 26 days ago so at that rate they should be graded in around 208 100 days.

Actually I see I was wrong the CTD date moved two days since the beginning of April but it's still
at a point where it's ridiculous. They supposedly stopped all submissions except the walk-through
and super express to get caught up but the CTD dates were moving faster before the shut down
than they are now.
Well...PSA IS in California. Is California still shut down??
Old 04-30-2021, 03:11 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Well...PSA IS in California. Is California still shut down??
Sorry about the confusion Bobby I was talking about them shutting down
the submissions on all the lower level grading services.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:47 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Following this thread for 365 days is one of the true joys of Net54 membership.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.