NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Bry@n

Default Another New Member

I am new to Net 54 and I already love it.

My primary interest is in pretty much anything pre-WWII, especially pre-WWI. I am not in a position to do much buying so I probably won't contribute many photos of new acquisitions. That said, I greatly look forward to seeing your collections and to learning as much as I can from the incredible collective knowledge of this group.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Jeff P0tter

Welcome to the board. It's not always about what you can buy as your passion and contributions are more than welcome.
Best,
Jeff
Old 07-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Bill Gregory

Welcome to the forum, Jobu. Pull up a chair, look around, and have fun. That's all that matters.

I'll start out by introducing myself. My name is Bill. Very nice to meet you I'm a former stock broker living just outside of Dallas, Texas. I came back to the hobby roughly 4 years ago. I started out with modern cards, and began collecting pre-war and vintage cards just a couple years ago. I can honestly say that I've never had so much fun with the hobby. Being a member of Net 54 has been an incredible experience.

I am collecting the T206 set, and dabbling in the T202 set. For modern cards, I really like the '53 Bowman Color set, the '56 Topps and the 1980 Topp set. I am working on player collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

When you get a chance, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself. What's your name, and what do you do for a living, if you feel comfortable answering those questions. Also, do you have any favorite pre-war sets? What about teams or players that you like, or collect?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-29-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Zach

Welcome aboard. I'm also a Louisiana guy... up I-55 from you near Hammond. I'm trying to stay focused primarily on T206 portraits and Louisiana issued cards but I've been known to stray.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 PM

Welcome to the forum Jobu!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I am new to Net 54 and I already love it.

My primary interest is in pretty much anything pre-WWII, especially pre-WWI. I am not in a position to do much buying so I probably won't contribute many photos of new acquisitions. That said, I greatly look forward to seeing your collections and to learning as much as I can from the incredible collective knowledge of this group.
Welcome to our forum and enjoy the stay. There are cards in our area of the hobby that can be bought for as little as a dollar or two if you look hard enough. There are quite a few R cards that you can get in groups that way. You might be able to pick up a group for $20, sell a few, and keep a few for the time and effort and the keepers would cost you virtually nothing. I have done it many times. Good luck in the quest...
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard the board!!!

all the best,
barry
Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Bry@n

Happy to provide a few more details Bill!

My name is Bryan. In a stroke of genius I moved to New Orleans 12 months before Katrina and have been here since. I am also originally from Milwaukee and a huge Brewers, Packers, and Bucks fan. I am a tropical biologist and study primates in the Amazon.

I don't have a specific set or two that I focus on, I like to dabble in a little bit of everything. I am interested in cards from before the 1950s, with serious interest in pre-war issues.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Bry@n

Default I forgot to mention

Thanks for all of your "welcome to the board" posts!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:

........ and study primates in the Amazon.com ...............
This should be a laboratory for you.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:32 PM

Default Welcome....

you will love it here! and if you get the "urge" pick up a t206 common beater off b/s/t

peace

Johnny
Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Buenos Dias, my name is Anthony Rodriguez and I too am new to the site, I hail from Fort Drum, New York and Have been in the military for 15 years. I just began (Again) in focusing on Pre-war items. I am 35 yrs old and have been married for 13 yrs with 3 kids, 2 which are in college and a 11 yr old. I look forward to learning from the Vets of this forum and I will contribute what I can.

Last edited by Enfuego; 07-31-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM

Default anthony!!!

welcome aboard!

try on a T206

Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
Daryl

Anthony, thank you for your service, and welcome to the board.

Last edited by 4815162342; 07-31-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 AM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
Buenos Dias, my name is Anthony Rodriguez and I too am new to the site, I hail from Fort Drum, New York and Have been in the military for 15 years. I just began (Again) in focusing on Pre-war items. I am 35 yrs old and have been married for 13 yrs with 3 kids, 2 which are in college and a 11 yr old. I look forward to learning from the Vets of this forum and I will contribute what I can.
Hi Anthony and welcome. My brother was up at Ft Drum for awhile and still has a house up there. You know any of those TACP folks?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Thanks alot for the warm welcome. I'm no longer assigned to drum, however I still live on post, I am assigned to a MEPs in Buffalo, but will be returning to finish out my 20 years.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:

My name is Bryan. In a stroke of genius I moved to New Orleans 12 months before Katrina and have been here since. I am also originally from Milwaukee and a huge Brewers, Packers, and Bucks fan. I am a tropical biologist and study primates in the Amazon.

I don't have a specific set or two that I focus on, I like to dabble in a little bit of everything. I am interested in cards from before the 1950s, with serious interest in pre-war issues.
That's really cool, Bryan. It sounds like you have a fascinating job. And I can only imagine some of the immunizations you must need traveling to the Amazon. Being a fellow native of Milwaukee, I have to ask, have you added any of the T206 Milwaukee Brewers? They're generally pretty inexpensive unless they're in high grade.

These Brewers were, of course, a minor league team, members of the old American Association. They are not to be confused with the Brewers that played in Milwaukee from 1894 to 1901, and later became the Baltimore Orioles team we know today. Still, I think it's pretty neat that there are four Milwaukee Brewers in the T206 set.

The T206 Brewers: Shad Barry, Stoney McGlynn, Dan McGann, and Newt Randall. Images courtesy of t206resource.com

In fact, I have not yet added any of them. Time to remedy that!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Bill Gregory

Anthony, welcome to you, too! I hope you have a lot of fun on our forum. Do you have any pre-war favorites? Players, sets, type?

I, too, would like to thank you for your service.

Bryan and Anthony, I look forward to many years of chatting with you both about our hobby, sharing in the fun when one of us adds something new to our collection.

If either of you ever have a question, my inbox is always open. Net54 is the best resource on the net for people like us, but finding information can prove a bit of a challenge until you learn how to find things. The search function is helpful, as is Google. But sometimes, when a question pops into your head, the best way to get an answer is to ask for help. You can start a discussion if you don't see there has been one dealing with your certain question, or you can just shoot me a message. I check my messages every night when I get up. And there are no dumb questions, so feel free. If I don't know the answer to your question, I'll help you find it.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Anthony, welcome to you, too! I hope you have a lot of fun on our forum. Do you have any pre-war favorites? Players, sets, type?

Bryan and Anthony, I look forward to many years of chatting with you both about our hobby, sharing in the fun when one of us adds something new to our collection.

If either of you ever have a question, my inbox is always open. Net54 is the best resource on the net for people like us, but finding information can prove a bit of a challenge until you learn how to find things. The search function is helpful, as is Google. But sometimes, when a question pops into your head, the best way to get an answer is to ask for help. You can start a discussion if you don't see there has been one dealing with your certain question, or you can just shoot me a message. I check my messages every night when I get up. And there are no dumb questions, so feel free. If I don't know the answer to your question, I'll help you find it.

I do have a question, but not related to T206, it's more towards the 1928 Yuenglings ice cream set. My wife found and bought for me the Ty Cobb of the set and I was hoping I can get a history lesson on this particular set. For example, origin, possibility of acquiring complete set, avg price for individual cards. Anything would be appreciated
Old 07-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post

At this time, I really do not have a favorite anything I am just targeting any and all I can grab. I have been trying to seek out a checklist for Piedmont cards for both 150 and 350, but no luck as of yet. So I just try to grab anything with the piedmont logo on the back.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Welcome Anthony & Bryan

enjoy the 'gathering' of Baseball knowledge!

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-31-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
Welcome to the forum Jobu!

Classic!! My thoughts exactly when I saw our newest member's forum name! Welcome aboard guys!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 08-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Classic!! My thoughts exactly when I saw our newest member's forum name! Welcome aboard guys!
Thanks!