NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypcl View Post
Those 69's Expos are actually pretty tough to find. If anyone can help me finish out the set, please let me know. Thanks!
 photo expos_zpsb43c1935.jpg
Hey Andy-

Judging from Paul M's book, you lack 3 each of the 1969 and 1970 Expos series. You're almost there! Do the red, white and blue 1970s have any markings on the curl?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Default Expos

Hi Rob,

Yes, on the white half of the curl in tiny red text is says "Made in Canada"
Old 08-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwr11 View Post
Here are a few more pictures. These are not mine but I have seen these before.

Also, I know of the following:
Richie Allen
John Ellis
Cleon Jones
Jerry Kenney
Brooks Robinson
Frank Robinson
Ron Swoboda
Al Kaline
Jerry Koosman B&W
Joe Pepitone
Some others not in the Standard Catalog checklist:
Carew
Fregosi
Koufax
Lolich
Marichal
Melton
Oliva

Old 08-10-2014, 02:39 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Orioles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwr11 View Post
They were produced but not listed in the catalog. The catalog is only a partial list of what is out there.
Thanks for the clarification. I'd ultimately like to know, from the Orioles, what pins are out there.

I really enjoy looking at all the variety of those pins and the slight differences of the pins.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I'd ultimately like to know, from the Orioles, what pins are out there.

I really enjoy looking at all the variety of those pins and the slight differences of the pins.
Lotta stars on that '69 O's team, but I think only the two Robinsons were in that set.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default 1952 Hawthorn Mellody Farm

These are the "Club Of Champs" pins offered by the Libertyville Illinois dairy farm, petting zoo and retailer. I think they are PF7 pins. Shown are the 2 known (to me) beanie styles offered for kids to display the White Sox pins. Shown is the very difficult "members pin". Many years ago Don Steinbach offered the jagged edge beanie and all of the pins on a large counter top easel back display with graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawth mel 2.jpg (34.0 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpg hawthorm mel new.jpg (28.8 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg hawthorn melody 1.jpg (31.4 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by Den*nis O*Brien; 08-13-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
These are the "Club Of Champs" pins offered by the Libertyville Illinois dairy farm, petting zoo and retailer. I think they are PF7 pins. Shown are the 2 known (to me) beanie styles offered for kids to display the White Sox pins. Shown is the very difficult "members pin". Many years ago Don Steinbach offered the jagged edge beanie and all of the pins on a large counter top easel back display with graphics.
Those are awesome I've never seen the beanies before,thanks for sharing.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:58 AM

I'm chiefly a football collector, but there are some baseball items I've latched onto. One of those items are these Guy's Potato Chip team pins. Started finding them pretty regularly when i moved to Missouri and found out that Guy's was based here (in Missouri) at the time, which explains why I find them so often at local antique stores and flea markets. I don't really know much about them, except that there seems to be several different variations of sets. So far I've sorted mine out into 5 different sets, some dated '65 & '66, some undated. Any information on these would be appreciated.

My website for 1963 Topps football color variations -
Old 08-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballdude View Post
I'm chiefly a football collector, but there are some baseball items I've latched onto. One of those items are these Guy's Potato Chip team pins. Started finding them pretty regularly when i moved to Missouri and found out that Guy's was based here (in Missouri) at the time, which explains why I find them so often at local antique stores and flea markets. I don't really know much about them, except that there seems to be several different variations of sets. So far I've sorted mine out into 5 different sets, some dated '65 & '66, some undated. Any information on these would be appreciated.
Ted Hake did a pretty good job discussing these in the book below, although I disagree with some of the color combos he reported. The Guy's pins were only done 1964-66, while Crane's Potato Chips did theirs from 1961-65, 1967-69, 1984 and 1986. Sellers seem to have a wide range of what they think these are worth...I see them on ebay from 99 cents to 50 bucks. Some people even have them graded, which I think is totatally ridiculous. If I was selling any, I'd be happy to get 10 bucks apiece.

In the display frame picture, the top two rows are Crane's in chronological order. The first three on the left side of the bottom row are the Guy's. The bottom right is a similar, generic pin from an unknown manufacturer. One more thing...the Guy's all have the logo on back. 1965 and '66 are dated; 1964 is not. Crane's are all identified (one way or another) on back, but only the 1961, 1963-65, 1984 and '86 are dated. Both series offered prizes for completed sets (last picture).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1KQVrncj6L.jpg (78.4 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0044.jpg (77.2 KB, 506 views)
File Type: jpg guyscranes.jpg (37.0 KB, 508 views)
Old 08-13-2014, 11:25 PM

ooo-ribay - Thank you for the information. I had never seen that book before. I will have to try and find it.

As far as the pin sets go, I had mine separated into 5 different, or so I thought they were different. I'm guessing they are just variations of the same sets. For the undated ones (1964) I have some that have silver backs with black Guys's logo and printing, and some with silver backs and brown logo/printing. The '65's I have some with silver backs and some with gold backs, and the '66's I only have 1 type. I just figured maybe the different back variations were distributed with different types of chips or something. Anyway, one of my collecting OCD's won't allow me to just collect one set for each year. Since I found variations, I have to collect them all as separate versions of the sets (makes collecting thnigs interesting, and sometimes frustrating).

I agree about the prices. All of mine have been purchased locally at various times, and most were in the $3-5 range. Exceptions being a Yankees pin, which I paid $8 for and a Cardinals I paid $10 for (living in Cardinals country, anything St Louis is higher).

I was recently browsing ebay for these and saw many, like you state, well above what I am willing to pay. Some of the graded ones were as high as $200! While I didn't see any for .99, I did see quite a few for around $10, including shipping.

I love the prize sheet pictured. I actually have one of those somewhere, although mine has seen better days. I wonder what kinds of "prizes" were available? Baseball mitt's maybe? Posters?
My website for 1963 Topps football color variations -
Old 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballdude View Post
ooo-ribay - Thank you for the information. I had never seen that book before. I will have to try and find it.

I love the prize sheet pictured. I actually have one of those somewhere, although mine has seen better days. I wonder what kinds of "prizes" were available? Baseball mitt's maybe? Posters?
here's one. Don't know if it's still for sale.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...light=Ted+hake

I have examples of the Crane redemption sheets from 1963-65 and 1967-69. In 1969, you had to send in 24 pins for the lousy baseball. Even as a kid, I think I would have rather had the pins!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan_1481413136_1.jpg (78.5 KB, 553 views)
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 AM

Default Reds Crane and Guys Pins

Here are all of the Reds Crane and Guys pins, except the '62. I have it, but haven't added it yet. Also a blank back from the same series. Not sure how that one was distributed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REDS - Crane-Guys.jpg (74.4 KB, 524 views)
Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Mike H.

I'll throw a few of my updated Cubs and Tigers into the ring since I havn't contributed much lately

Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM

Lookin' good Mike!

Greg
Old 08-17-2014, 01:39 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Awesome displays Mike...

That baby-blue 1945 Cubs WS Pin, especially is a real eye-catcher!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 AM

Default Clyde "Hardrock" or "Duster" Shoun 1937 American Badge Co. pinback

Here is a recent no-hit pitcher pinback that I added to my collection.
Considering it's terrific condition, a tough find indeed.

This is a 1937 American Bridge pinback of no-hit pitcher Clyde Shoun.
Take a look...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clyde Shoun 1937 pinback.jpg (69.4 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-23-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 PM
chris

Great pick up Scott! Congrats!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpus Jones View Post
Great pick up Scott! Congrats!
Thanks Chris!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Mike Kendall

The 1937 American Badge set is very difficult to complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.2 KB, 437 views)
Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 PM
chris

Wow!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Aa.ron Pa.tton
Banned

Holy smokes, MK. Amazing.

Speaking of pinbacks -- the next hour should be an interesting one re: eBay. The winner had better gloat shortly after the hammer drops; what an incredible piece.

Last edited by CobbvLajoie1910; 08-22-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Mike Kendall

It's over! What an incredible price for a pin from the 1950s. Paul won't gloat.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Aa.ron Pa.tton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Dr. M strikes again. I saw a couple of board members were in heavy on it; you have my empathy, Gents.

As an aside, I messaged the individual selling it -- and congratulated them on the impending sale. Her response was awesome. Besides being blown away at the response (and the honesty of a few people advising her to watch the auction play out) -- she reminisced about her grandfather buying it for her, because she was in love with Brooksie's "beautiful blue eyes". She said she just wanted $50 for it; hopefully, it helps fund something grand for her (courtesy of her Grandfather).

Loved the story, thought I'd share. Congrats, Paul.

Last edited by CobbvLajoie1910; 08-22-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
The 1937 American Badge set is very difficult to complete.
Unreal! I NEED that Tex Carleton...
Thanks for posting this, Mike! Very cool.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-23-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbvLajoie1910 View Post
Dr. M strikes again. I saw a couple of board members were in heavy on it; you have my empathy, Gents.

As an aside, I messaged the individual selling it -- and congratulated them on the impending sale. Her response was awesome. Besides being blown away at the response (and the honesty of a few people advising her to watch the auction play out) -- she reminisced about her grandfather buying it for her, because she was in love with Brooksie's "beautiful blue eyes". She said she just wanted $50 for it; hopefully, it helps fund something grand for her (courtesy of her Grandfather).

Loved the story, thought I'd share. Congrats, Paul.
Yep there were a few of us in on that one Aaron! Its hard to justify why the pin went so high but I believe it might be because these were the first brooks robinson pins seen, could also be because my feeling was they spelled his middle name wrong COLBERT instead of CALBERT and was probably pulled from production very early. No one will ever know why but it was a great pin..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 08-22-2014, 09:05 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooksie Pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Yep there were a few of us in on that one Aaron! Its hard to justify why the pin went so high but I believe it might be because these were the first brooks robinson pins seen, could also be because my feeling was they spelled his middle name wrong COLBERT instead of CALBERT and was probably pulled from production very early. No one will ever know why but it was a great pin..
Can't you guys cut a Brooksie collector a break! When I first saw the pin I thought I'd put a bid in that was a "sure" win ($305). Man, that bid didn't last long. So, how much was the winning bidder willing to pay for the pin; a bit more?!?

By the way, on the O's picture pack photo's the early one's list Brooks with the middle name as "Colbert" as well. They later corrected the mistake.

Just a side note, I've never seen this pin before and I've been collecting Brooks for quite a while now. Congrats on the GREAT addition!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Rob

Quote:
Can you post a link?

It was out of my Giants universe, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about
Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Can't you guys cut a Brooksie collector a break! When I first saw the pin I thought I'd put a bid in that was a "sure" win ($305). Man, that bid didn't last long. So, how much was the winning bidder willing to pay for the pin; a bit more?!?

By the way, on the O's picture pack photo's the early one's list Brooks with the middle name as "Colbert" as well. They later corrected the mistake.

Just a side note, I've never seen this pin before and I've been collecting Brooks for quite a while now. Congrats on the GREAT addition!
Mark,
Im sure his bid was much higher but thats the way it goes sometimes. As for never seeing that pin before that is why it went so high. All of us hadnt seen it before. The other version the corrected one with his name spelled right is also just as hard to find. Here is a photo for everyone who needs to know what we are talking about.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Last edited by batsballsbases; 04-20-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Mike Kendall

Actually another one of these Robinson pins did show up on eBay about a year ago. It had a few scratches on the surface, and a small ribbon attached. Don't remember exactly, but I believe it went in the $500-$600 range.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Al

Quote:
Actually another one of these Robinson pins did show up on eBay about a year ago. It had a few scratches on the surface, and a small ribbon attached. Don't remember exactly, but I believe it went in the $500-$600 range.
Hi Mike,
are we talking about the same robinson pin that just sold or the other one? I dont remember seeing that one a year ago. But Im getting older and miss a few things now and then! LOL

Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 AM
Mike Kendall

Al,
It was definitely the Brooks Colbert Robinson pin that just sold. I remember it very well because I have never seen it before.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Aa.ron Pa.tton
Banned

Al, I think Mike is right; i remember that button, too.

I thought it ended north of $700, though.

May've catalogued it....I'll double check later this afternoon.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbvLajoie1910 View Post
Al, I think Mike is right; i remember that button, too.

I thought it ended north of $700, though.

May've catalogued it....I'll double check later this afternoon.
Thanks Aaron! Boy then I missed that one!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson pin

Are you talking about this Brooksie pin? This is the only pin I've seen in the past on eBay, grouped w/Brandt, but as I remember the auction was pulled (maybe someone talked the seller into ending early?). Hopefully you can notice by the picture that the middle name was correct as Calbert. Also, notice that this is a different picture of Brooks, not the one in the current auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (5) Brooks Pin.jpg (19.4 KB, 437 views)
Old 08-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Al

Mark,
Yes thats the one. I also remember that auction it was taken down fast!
The bids were up to $1000 when taken down . I spoke to him about it and he told me he was going to take them to the national and only listed them to "Test" the market. Guess he got his answer. Wow your good that was 3 years ago!!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Mike Kendall

I located a photo I had saved of the Robinson pin that sold on eBay a year or so ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.9 KB, 437 views)
Old 08-23-2014, 08:38 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Mark,
Yes thats the one. I also remember that auction it was taken down fast!
The bids were up to $1000 when taken down . I spoke to him about it and he told me he was going to take them to the national and only listed them to "Test" the market. Guess he got his answer. Wow your good that was 3 years ago!!
Al,

I had seen that particular Brooks pin in the past, prior to the eBay auction, and if I recall correctly was surely one of the bidders when the auction was taken down. When the auction was open I copied the pin to my pictures so I'd have it as one to find and acquire if I ever saw one again. I sure do "appear bright" now dont I?

I have never seen the pin in the current eBay auction, but still was surprised by the ending price. Now it gives me another Brooks pin to look for in the future.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson pin

Quote:
I located a photo I had saved of the Robinson pin that sold on eBay a year or so ago.
Mike,

How in the world did I miss that pin of Brooks?!?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Al

Thanks Mike I guess I missed that one!

Old 08-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Clint

I remember seeing one on ebay not too long ago and it was pulled. I'm talking within the last few months.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Speaking of Brooks Robinson pins.....

Whoever snagged this one for $20 - got a steal!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brokos.jpg (71.4 KB, 689 views)
Old 08-24-2014, 10:48 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooksie pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Whoever snagged this one for $20 - got a steal!
Howard,

That is also a great Brooksie pin. I really like the color that was used as a background and the large size. I also like it because as you can see he's not wearing his jersey, but another players; maybe Davey Johnson?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Mikeknapp

Keeping with the recent Brooks Robinson pinback theme here is another although its not quite as attractive or valuable as the previous two, it will serve to keep this thread on the first page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks_Robinson2.jpg (66.7 KB, 643 views)
Old 08-30-2014, 07:42 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooksie theme

I LOVE the Brooksie theme... I know there weren't many Brooks pins so if anyone has any more variety please share.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Mikeknapp

I have been trying to learn as much as possible about these pins. Earlier I posed a number of questions about them. I thought I would share what I have learned to date.

What years were they produced?
I believe that they were issued from 1971 through 1974.
• The uniforms worn by Fingers and Tenace were last worn by the A’s in 1971.
• Getty images of Willie Stargell indicate that he began wearing the black helmet in July of 1970 and wore it until early in 1971.
• Willie Mays played for the Mets in 1972-1973
• Orlando Cepeda only played for the Red Sox in 1973
• Ron Santo only played for the White Sox in 1974

Are they all easel backed?
The reverse of those issued in 1971 did not have an easel back. The pin was attached to the back via two slots where attached the pin was notched. The image itself was wrapped around the curved outer shell and secured by a flat circular disc on the reverse which also housed the pin mechanism.

Those issued after 1971 seem to have replaced the metal disc backing with a cardboard easel back. The two exceptions to this I have encountered are Scott Garners Nolan Ryan and Willie Mays.

How were they marketed?
I have not found any packaging information to date. However I have come across a few that have a $1.00 price stamped on the cardboard easel (see Hebner photo) which leads me to believe that they were sold at ballpark souvenir stands.

Are there any known scarcities or variations?
So far I have found that the easels were produced in blue, tan, green, white, and yellow (thanks ooo-ribay). The pin with the head shot of Clemente is supposedly very scarce and commands a premium. I recently purchased mine for $80.00. I have no idea if I overpaid. Nonetheless it is the only one I have ever encountered. Prior to this I had not even seen a picture of it so I am pleased with the price. Advanced Nolan Ryan collector Scott Garner reports the Ryan pin is very scarce as well. To date I have only found Clemente, Hebner, Aparicio, and Tiant to have more than one version of the pin. Mike Kendall reports that the Santo pin exists with both Cubs and White Sox versions.

Is there a name or designation for this set?
None that I could find, however, both of the blue easel backs I own have instructions printed on them. They also have manufacturer information which was obscured by black marker. The printing on both states made in the USA and attributes the photo to Canadian photographer Fred Bruemmer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Bruemmer there is a manufacturer name that cannot be discerned and in capital letters DIVISION OF STANDARD PACKAGING CORPORATION. A little research indicates that this was a New York based company. A Supreme Court of Minnesota finding Standard Packaging v. Com'r of Revenue 288 N.W.2d 234 (1979) December 21, 1979 states, “Standard Packaging Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Standard"), a New York corporation, does business in Minnesota as Brown & Bigelow (hereinafter referred to as "B. & B."). B. & B. is engaged in the business of selling advertising specialties”.http://www.brownandbigelow.com/ Perhaps they could be called the Brown & Bigelow PM10s? I am considering reaching out to Brown and Bigelow to see if they could shed any light on these pins or verify that they were in fact the producers. I know my research makes a number of assumptions but at least it's a start. Does anyone else have any theories or opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (37.2 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg pin2.jpg (71.2 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg pin3.jpg (75.3 KB, 617 views)
File Type: jpg pin4a.jpg (75.6 KB, 619 views)
File Type: jpg last.jpg (48.0 KB, 618 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 08-31-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Rob

^^^^^ two things, Mike:

1) Richie Hebner was a goofy looking dude, huh?

2) Fantastic research!!! I dug out my 12 Giants and can add just a little bit. ALL my pins, with the exception of Kingman, have easel backs. Kingman has that same imprint shown in one of your pics...looks like a circle with an upwards pointing arrow through it. I'd love to know what that mark is about. Kingman was a Giant from 1971-74, so I really couldn't say when his pin was produced (to support or refute your 1971=no easel theory). ALL my easel backs are white, tan, blue or green as you stated, except for Goodson's which is YELLOW. None of the easels are stamped with a price, but Henderson has $1.25 written on it in what appears to be vintage marker. Also, I'm sure you are correct in "your" years of issue...I only chose 1972-73 because those years work for EVERY Giant.

One particular ebay seller has been trying to sell 7 of these Giants forever at $19.99 each. Other than those pins, though, I rarely see these offered. McCovey was a very recent addition (previously unknown) and Rader took me years to find. The one ebay seller has a Rader and, of course, no one wants it (now). I also just noticed (for the first time), Garry Maddox' first name is misspelled "Gary" on his pin.

As far as "Brown and Bigelow PM-10s", maybe you can add to my education.... What does "PM" stand for, anyway? and doesn't "10" (in theory) refer to the black and white player portraits as opposed to some other "PM" issues with different number designations?

Again...great research! This stuff is way more interesting than a bunch of 19th century cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0677.jpg (75.6 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.jpg (75.9 KB, 616 views)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Rob

Another thing I just noticed.....other than PITCHERS Bradley, Bryant and Marichal, Maddox is the only guy not in a batting pose. It's as if, for the Giants, batting was the default pose. I wonder if that pose could be tied to a specific year(s).....
Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Mikeknapp

I think PM is the designation for pins sold at ballpark souvenir stands.

Last edited by 71buc; 08-30-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:25 AM

Nice detective work, Mike!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Mike Kendall

Great research! All the Cubs I have played between the years 1971 and 1974. Banks last year with the Cubs was 1971. Some however, including Steve Stone, Vic Harris, Bill Madlock and Jerry Morales, didn't arrive with the Cubs until 1974. Apparently they made one of Ron Santo with the Cubs, and then in 1974 another one when he was with the White Sox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.8 KB, 597 views)