NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-27-2021, 11:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default High end Beatles collectors?

Does anyone collect higher end Beatles stuff? Was wondering your thoughts on the market. I’ve always wanted to collect a few choice items, but I don’t see a lot of appreciation over the years. Seems stagnant. Maybe I’m totally wrong about that. Any thought appreciated.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:48 PM
David M.

I love the Beatles and have all their music on CD and have some of their early albums on vinyl, but I've never collected concert tickets or other Beatles related items. Show us some of your collection. I know I'd like to see it.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:41 PM
�tis J�hns�n

I've got the 1988 roll top CD collection and most of the LPs, but nothing really serious.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles...edirect=mobile
Old 02-28-2021, 07:49 AM
Jeff

Not a Beatles collector but if I had to make a guess I'd say there will be a deluge of collectables hitting the market in the future as baby boomers get rid of it. Not sure next generations will have the connection. That said, top quality and rare items are always good, the kitsch stuff not so much
Old 02-28-2021, 08:33 AM
Tim Odeen

Let me ask my cousin. He was a rock and roll collector and has sold away most of his stuff. But we all know collectors never retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 02-28-2021, 09:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Cards but not memorabilia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beatlesattori.jpg (77.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg beatlescumbre.jpg (82.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg beatlessgc.jpg (40.2 KB, 92 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:18 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Peter, those are very cool.

As far as this generation or next generation, I don't see the Beatles' music fading into history too quickly. Just too prolific with music that will be discovered and re-discovered for a long time. I think they are on another level by themselves. Stuff like Elvis and even Frank Sinatra has (or will) wane in interest, but the Beatles have such a broad of work I think they will be listened to 100 years from now.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-28-2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I think they are on another level by themselves. Stuff like Elvis and even Frank Sinatra has (or will) wane in interest, but the Beatles have such a broad of work I think they will be listened to 100 years from now.
Personally, with how diverse kids music tastes are, I think Elvis and Sinatra will be fine, especially since both transcended music into movies and tv. But the Beatles are big.

My cousin didn't really answer about the movement of the market for Beatles memorabilia. But he did say if you are interested to look up the record store 4000 HOLES in Spokane. The owner is Bob Gallagher, and according to my cousin his name is meaningful in the music field. I asked again about the market, maybe he will answer my question more directly this time.

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 02-28-2021, 03:01 PM
Tim Odeen

My cousin responded that he hasn't bought in a while. What he knows is that for rock memorabilia the top group is KISS. He said if you have KISS items "you will blow the roof off."

Old 02-28-2021, 05:12 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Interesting. Was never a fan, but I see the logic there. KISS people are maniacal about the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
My cousin responded that he hasn't bought in a while. What he knows is that for rock memorabilia the top group is KISS. He said if you have KISS items "you will blow the roof off."

Old 02-28-2021, 10:04 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Are High Grade 1964 Hallmark Premium Edition Beatles stamps worth anything?

I have

Ringo Starr BVG 9.5

The Beatles BVG 9.5

John Lennon BVG 9

Who knows? They might be available.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.