NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 05-29-2020, 05:21 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Any Collectors of Knives ?

Hello,

I am starting to get interested in knives. Does anyone know of a good collectors site for knowledge or BST?

Also right now I like CASE Knives if anyone has any that they want to sell.

Any and all responses welcomed.

Thank you.

Frank

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 05-29-2020, 07:55 PM
Howard Chasser

Default I've dabbled but not seriously

I have had a knife collection for about 40 years - small maybe 40 or so knives. Just collected what I liked - more gadget and feature-oriented than "quality". As far as my experience - the market is very fragmented/ WAY less "organized" than sports cards and memorabilia. Resale is hard.
Mostly go to gun shows to find them - there is a great one I just found last year - was about to go to my second one right when COVID hit - it was canceled 2 days before it was supposed to open. It is in eastern Pennsylvania - if that is close to you let me know and I'll find the name of it.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:54 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Thanks Howard,

Other end of the woods here but thanks for the offer to look up the show for me.
I also appreciate you sharing your thoughts gathered over 40 years collecting!
Very helpful insights and I think I will try to mirror your approach in many ways.

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 05-29-2020, 09:21 PM
D@vid L@dd

Blade forums... Unbelievable amount of information.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2020, 01:25 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Thanks much for the connection

Just joined and poked around.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:59 PM
Howard Chasser

Default a couple of pics

yet another "collection"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200530_153133.jpg (70.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20200530_152825-2.jpg (57.6 KB, 48 views)
Old 05-30-2020, 02:37 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I have had a knife collection for about 40 years - small maybe 40 or so knives. Just collected what I liked - more gadget and feature-oriented than "quality". As far as my experience - the market is very fragmented/ WAY less "organized" than sports cards and memorabilia. Resale is hard.

Mostly go to gun shows to find them - there is a great one I just found last year - was about to go to my second one right when COVID hit - it was canceled 2 days before it was supposed to open. It is in eastern Pennsylvania - if that is close to you let me know and I'll find the name of it.
Gun shows, antique shows, and western theme venues are great for knives. Here in Eastern Washington is a traveling antique show called Custer's. It comes to Spokane, Tri-Cities and Yakima, maybe Wenatchee. In Spokane they always have a great variety, including knives. I don't collect knives, but I have always enjoyed the antler handles.

I made my own knife 2-3 years ago. If you haven't done that, it's great. I highly recommend it. It was a cool experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 05-30-2020, 07:11 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Cool knives guys!

And thanks for the heads up on Blade Forums David.

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 05-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Tim Odeen

The sheath knife on top is my wife's. It is an alligator toe knife from Argentina. She bought it at a gaucho store she said is comparable to Pendleton Woolen Mills. The double bladed knife is the first knife I bought for myself at REI, it's a Buck knife. The vertical knife opposite is the knife I made, I want to put an antler handle on it. The red Swiss Army knife was a present from my parents, it was given to me for joining Boy Scouts. The silver Buck knife in the middle I received as a reward from the owner of Page Steel while serving my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The striped knife is mammoth tusk, from Santa Fe Stoneworks; I bought it when I completed my MA in US History from Adams State University in Alamosa, CO. Finally, I found the knife on the bottom. It says Ka-bar Rigging Knife. I use it on leather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-31-2020 at 12:20 AM.