NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Default New board- quick update

Posted By: leon

We have the data migration done and everything worked out to go to the new board. I had Brian doing a little modification to the banners and the top of the board....and in the middle of it his computer crashed hard. Hopefully we can still move in the next 3-4 days but we are in no huge hurry. I felt like I wanted to get most everything done before we went to it and then this happened. The good news is that Brian is the proud owner of a new computer. Hopefully, he can retrieve his data from the old hard drive...but regardless the move should be in the next 4-5 days. Sorry for the delay...regards

Old 04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Just a suggestion: If there's no urgent reason to make the move before next week, I'd vote for waiting until REA is over. I remember last year there were some pretty fun threads as the auction wound down on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and it'd be a shame if a new board -- whether it be because of technical glitches, user hesitancy or some other unforeseen reason -- negatively impacted the weekend.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Leon - you mean the top of the new homepage isn't supposed to look like this?

[linked image]

Hopefully we can have the new all powerful chat in play for REA, as that's always a fun time in the chat room.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

Rob D.,
You were reading my mind. I would wait for after REA to transition.
JimB

Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Guys - I'm sure Leon wouldn't move on Saturday afternoon - hopefully everything gets sorted tomorrow and we move with a few days buffer before REA.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Administrator

I was away from the computer for a few minutes. Of course we won't do a transition in the middle of any major auction.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I got my fingers and toes crossed for you this time Leon.

marty 6xmjlf

Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Thanks Marty..... I think we are making good progress now. I could have too many fingers in the pie but we will be there soon. We are actually hoping to open it up BEFORE the REA auction close so folks can check out the fantastic chat room we have in place...It really is neat. If Brian M doesn't tar and feather me for changing directions so many times we will be in good shape...The new registration process is in place too and I will give an update, with a new thread, when we open to let folks know what is going on. It should work the correct way this time and each registered member will be required to supply, via an email to me:

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

After I receive that you will be approved. If anyone doesn't want to send that email they can still lurk and read the board just as they can now. You will have to be registered to see the BST but that is the only part you will need to be registered to see, except for some user info....but threads and other forums will be viewable to anyone, except those pesky trolls....They will find the new board not to their liking...

Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator

We had to open up the board for a little while to work on it.

PLEASE DON'T REGISTER right now. You will not be approved. thanks much