NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-27-2021, 06:32 PM

Default Feedback question

First off, I love this forum, I have dabbled a couple of times with vintage and always sold it off only to buy back in a few years later.

My question though, why does the largest and best vintage forum not have a way to track feedback?

Is it that vintage collectors just that much more trustworthy than other genres of this hobby?

I am fine with it, I was just curious as to this is a place that all are trusted until proven they can’t be? Did there use to be a way to track it, and as a community everyone decided it wasn’t needed?

Just curious really.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:57 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashcol View Post
First off, I love this forum, I have dabbled a couple of times with vintage and always sold it off only to buy back in a few years later.

My question though, why does the largest and best vintage forum not have a way to track feedback?

Is it that vintage collectors just that much more trustworthy than other genres of this hobby?

I am fine with it, I was just curious as to this is a place that all are trusted until proven they can’t be? Did there use to be a way to track it, and as a community everyone decided it wasn’t needed?

Just curious really.
Have you ever seen what this crowd does to someone who tries to screw over another member?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 11-27-2021, 07:22 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashcol View Post

Just curious really.
There are lots of answers for this. First, always check how long someone has been a member. If they are new, ask for references.

Some members include member names of successful deals in their signature line. This is a form of positive feedback.

If you have problems, first try to communicate with that member. If that doesn't go as you want go to Leon with problems. As the administrator, he runs a pretty tight ship.

If that fails, you are allowed to publicly air problems to the general membership. I had a problem last year, the seller and I disagreed about his description versus what I received. I requested a refund for a fairly high end card and the seller said no. The seller had been a long time member. The general members laid it on thick with the seller about not upholding his end of the deal. The main question was why ruin a reputation over a simple refund? Eventually Leon banned him from the forum.

That brings us to the final statement about feedback. You are expected to build up a quality reputation, and act accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 11-27-2021 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:23 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

The forum is small enough where if you stick around for a while, you'll get a good sense of who can be trusted and who will give you issues. A lot of members here know each other outside of the forum, so there isn't really room for a bad seller or buyer to hide. It isn't like eBay, where someone can delete their account and vanish. There are also threads about trades--both good and bad--that will pop up here from time to time, and usually prompt responses from other members that either back up or refute the OP.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Have you ever seen what this crowd does to someone who tries to screw over another member?
No, I haven’t, but seeing as your mentioning it, it is probably not pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
There are lots of answers for this. First, always check how long someone has been a member. If they are new, ask for references.

Some members include member names of successful deals in their signature line. This is a form of positive feedback.

If you have problems, first try to communicate with that member. If that doesn't go as you want go to Leon with problems. As the administrator, he runs a pretty tight ship.

If that fails, you are allowed to publicly air problems to the general membership. I had a problem last year, the seller and I disagreed about his description versus what I received. I requested a refund for a fairly high end card and the seller said no. The seller had been a long time member. The general members laid it on thick with the seller about not upholding his end of the deal. The main question was why ruin a reputation over a simple refund? Eventually Leon banned him from the forum.

That brings us to the final statement about feedback. You are expected to build up a quality reputation, and act accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That’s good to know that the community takes care of each other like that. Hopefully I will get a chance to get to know a lot of the people on the forum.

Thanks for the insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
The forum is small enough where if you stick around for a while, you'll get a good sense of who can be trusted and who will give you issues. A lot of members here know each other outside of the forum, so there isn't really room for a bad seller or buyer to hide. It isn't like eBay, where someone can delete their account and vanish. There are also threads about trades--both good and bad--that will pop up here from time to time, and usually prompt responses from other members that either back up or refute the OP.
I didn’t realize the community was that small, that does make things a lot easier.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:25 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Feedback can be a useful tool but doesn't guarantee future transactions. PayPal buyer protection will cover you for lost packages or items not as described. Never pay by PayPal Friends and Family, you save a few bucks but you forfeit all your buyer protection. Always pay by Good and Services. This is a small community and 99% of the members are honest, but problems do come up and differences of opinion do happen. Protect yourself.

Last edited by Jim65; 11-28-2021 at 10:38 AM.