NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 06:22 PM

Default WTS Jim Brown SGC 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66

A friend of mine has these, I am posting for him. I will give you his e-mail to deal if you are interested, he is a good guy and does mostly modern but picked up these cards...

1958T Jim Brown SGC 80 (6)
1959T Jim Brown SGC 80 (6)
1961T Jim Brown SGC 84 (7)
1963T Jim Brown SP SGC 60 (5)
1965P Jim Brown SGC 60 (5)

He also has raw (lesser condition)
1960T Jim Brown
1962T Jim Brown
1964P Jim brown
1966P Jim Brown
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Daniel Elsass

Can you send me some prices? Thx.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I might be into the lower grade 64 and 66 cards. Please PM image and price.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Daniel Elsass

Deleted.

Last edited by Il Padrino; 03-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Kevin Andrews

I don't get it - is trying to make some money now something bad? I thought it was okay to sell things for what you want to sell them for. If you offer what they think they're worth or you don't like the price - move on. No need here to criticize the guy because of his pricing.

None of these cards are rare but all are fairly nice.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-baseball View Post
I don't get it - is trying to make some money now something bad? I thought it was okay to sell things for what you want to sell them for. If you offer what they think they're worth or you don't like the price - move on. No need here to criticize the guy because of his pricing.

None of these cards are rare but all are fairly nice.
Sellers can do anything they want but I personally find it insulting when people do this to me. My solution is to keep a list of the members who "work" like this and just never do business with them. I suggest others do the same and they will eventually go elsewhere.

jeff
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 AM

Last edited by Sean1125; 03-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Daniel Elsass

Deleted.

Last edited by Il Padrino; 03-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Last edited by Sean1125; 03-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Guys, a couple things on this from my point of view.

1. It is not against the rules for people to try to sell their cards at a profit on BST. Yes, nearly double the price may seem high, however, sellers, as long as they're not breaking any rules on BST, are free to ask for whatever amount they want on their cards.

2. Interferring with someone else's BST listing on IS against the rules. Quoting previous prices, critically judging the grade on a card, etc... all fall into this category. Basically the rule is this, if you don't have something positive to contribute, please keep any correspondance between yourself and the seller private so that others are not influenced. Public communication would be ok if a seller was attempting to sell a trimmed/altered or reprinted card without fully disclosing the card's true nature. However since the seller is not doing anything dishonest in this situation, Sean's original listing is valid in my opinion. Any disagreements with the listing should be handled with Sean privately. Which brings me to #3...

3. Email correspondence, unless approved by a moderator, is also not allowed on the board. It falls into that catagory of posting someone's personal information that is generally frowned upon. It's the same as posting someone's street address, phone number or email address. So please keep all correspondance between yourselves and other members private. Forwarding the correspondance to a moderator is permissable, just keep it off of the board.

So basically, cliff notes version of all that is that neither posting personal info or commenting negatively/critically of another person's post in BST is allowed. Nothing personal, but we want this to be a safe/enjoyable place for everyone to feel free to use. If anyone feels wronged by what someone else is doing on the board, please don't hesitate to report the post or get a moderator involved. Thanks everyone for cooperating....

-Brian
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Guys, a couple things on this from my point of view.

1. It is not against the rules for people to try to sell their cards at a profit on BST. Yes, nearly double the price may seem high, however, sellers, as long as they're not breaking any rules on BST, are free to ask for whatever amount they want on their cards.

2. Interferring with someone else's BST listing on IS against the rules. Quoting previous prices, critically judging the grade on a card, etc... all fall into this category. Basically the rule is this, if you don't have something positive to contribute, please keep any correspondance between yourself and the seller private so that others are not influenced. Public communication would be ok if a seller was attempting to sell a trimmed/altered or reprinted card without fully disclosing the card's true nature. However since the seller is not doing anything dishonest in this situation, Sean's original listing is valid in my opinion. Any disagreements with the listing should be handled with Sean privately. Which brings me to #3...

3. Email correspondence, unless approved by a moderator, is also not allowed on the board. It falls into that catagory of posting someone's personal information that is generally frowned upon. It's the same as posting someone's street address, phone number or email address. So please keep all correspondance between yourselves and other members private. Forwarding the correspondance to a moderator is permissable, just keep it off of the board.

So basically, cliff notes version of all that is that neither posting personal info or commenting negatively/critically of another person's post in BST is allowed. Nothing personal, but we want this to be a safe/enjoyable place for everyone to feel free to use. If anyone feels wronged by what someone else is doing on the board, please don't hesitate to report the post or get a moderator involved. Thanks everyone for cooperating....

-Brian
Brian is 100% correct. Il Padrino has received an infraction for inappropriate behavior..........
Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Daniel Elsass

Hey all. After re-reading this thread I want to apologize for perhaps being a bit too harsh in my responses.

I should have just accepted that the seller and I would not be able to agree on a price and moved on. Next time I'll handle this situation differently.

Last edited by Il Padrino; 03-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Dave

Hmmm!. Looks like he got a good deal on the cards because someone inefficiently put them all in one lot on Ebay.

More power to him. I've got a few Jim Brown cards I like to add to every once in awhile, almost wish I saw this lot myself.

Not sure what he paid for them has anything to do with anything, or if it's anybody's business.

I once picked up a boxing program at an Antique paper show for 50 bucks. I sold it a week later for $1500 bucks and the person who bought it from me listed it for $5000 bucks.

The guy I bought it from had a listed price on it and didn't complain when I bought it from him, I didn't quite know myself when I bought it, if it was what I thought it might be, but thought the shot in the dark was worth it.

I'm certainly not going to complain if the next guy gets the 5 grand out of it he was asking for it.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
Hey all. After re-reading this thread I want to apologize for perhaps being a bit too harsh in my responses.

I should have just accepted that the seller and I would not be able to agree on a price and moved on. Next time I'll handle this situation differently.
You are a good man, sir. We try to have fair rules and the rules are the same for everyone, Brian and I included.