NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 08-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Scott S

Default Mile High auction - the Stokeley Muhammad Ali collection

The Mile High auction ended last night, with an incredible variety of Muhammad Ali cards available. This high-end collection had been assembled by former NFL player Brandon Stokeley.

Anyone have thoughts on the offerings? Pick up anything?

I thought prices on some were lower than I expected, but likely dragged down by the sheer quantity of cards available. There were probably 6-7 Lampos (couple of which sold very strong!), 8-10 1966 Paninis, tons of Hemmets (in panels and single cards), and large quantities of each Panini card in all varieties of high-end PSA grades. A few bargains were likely to sneak through amid all of the lots.

I came away with a 1966 Panini PSA 8 (I sold one several months ago and regretted it, but bought this one for half of what the other one sold for!), and a few others. Happy with what I got for sure!

Last edited by scooter729; 08-06-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Peter Spaeth

I am not expert on running auctions, but from a distance it seemed unwise to me to offer so many listings of the same cards simultaneously. Seems cannibalizing.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:23 PM
Dave

Ahhh, he's bought some Ali cards from me throughout the years (mostly inexpensive oddball issues), and I always wondered if it was the football player.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:58 PM
David M.

I agree that he probably could have made more money if so many of the same card weren't offered at the same time. But some cards still brought really strong prices.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Scott S

Here is the link to the Ali boxing cards offered in Mile High - some awesome stuff in there....
Old 08-06-2021, 11:12 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Well now is my chance to be a

It is a deep collection of very common mainstream cards. There are some very expensive cards there, but nothing I would chase because I know there will be more on eBay and in every auction in the future. There are a few tougher cards in there, like the 1965 Dutch trio, but that's really about it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-07-2021, 01:07 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

I've got a couple nice Ali/Clay cards but have been looking for a nice Lampo and was pretty excited but ended up getting shut out. A little surprised the PSA 5 sold for nearly double the price of the 6. The centering on the 5 was better but had some printing issues. I might have thrown in another bid on the 6 but I was chasing something else and it closed on me

I was secretly hoping the Edizioni would fly under the radar a bit but absolutely not. $20k, nice price
Old 08-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

It is nice to see the 1960 Hemmets Journal get continued love. That has to be one of the great postwar RCs.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...