NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-16-2022, 08:53 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Best app to track your collection and want lists?

I’m wondering if members might have a suggestion on a preferred baseball card app that they use to both track their own personal collection/images as well as their want lists?

I’m looking online and it looks like the most popular apps are aimed at the modern card collector/investor. Tons of extra noise, advertisements, etc.

I could just create my own but thought I would check in here to see if other vintage collectors have found an application that works well.

Thanks for any suggestions

Jeff
Old 05-16-2022, 09:05 AM
Peter Spaeth

VCP has a feature where you can input your collection and keep track of values.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:46 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I use Access and Excel that way I can make it as simple or complex as I want. Currently I keep wantlists in Excel with a separate tab for each set with a checklist and have/need column. Everything I buy and sell gets tracked in the access database which includes a URL for the front and back of each item in my Flickr account. From the access database I can track spending, inventory, sales, profits, expenses, generate import files for Ebay, etc. I separate my "personal" collection from what I sell with a simple yes/no flag.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 05-16-2022, 12:22 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

I use an excel spread sheet so I can put any info/pricing/color coding I want. Works for me since I keep my collection at 500-700 cards. As far as pictures, I use Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-16-2022, 09:39 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I use an excel spread sheet so I can put any info/pricing/color coding I want. Works for me since I keep my collection at 500-700 cards. As far as pictures, I use Flickr.
Very nice collection. Looks like you were very deliberate in choosing your cards, especially the post-war stuff.

I'd find it tough to be so choosy when there are so many great cards out there. Maybe one day.....
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 05-16-2022, 09:51 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Very nice collection. Looks like you were very deliberate in choosing your cards, especially the post-war stuff.

I'd find it tough to be so choosy when there are so many great cards out there. Maybe one day.....
Thanks for the kind words. I'm an image collector and a little OCD so it's easy for me to be specific on what I want my collection to look like, the hard part is affording it on a working mans budget.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-16-2022, 10:02 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

I have a spreadsheet in Excel to track costs and date of acquisition, and a Word document to track what I still need in each of my projects.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:50 PM

For personal collection/images and want lists, Trading Card Database is excellent. Most cards have images attached, and since it's crowd-sourced, you can add them if they're not already there. Its crowd-sourced pricing is ludicrous, IMO, but there are great options for organizing and trading with others.

My biggest complaint so far (after maybe three years) is that if you have a small want list but a big trade list, you wind up getting a number of messages from people who want to trade for what you have, without anything to trade. But that's not a huge issue.