NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 PM

Default Large Unopened Wax/Cello, PSA Graded Card, and Auto Collection Found For Sale

I recently found a large sports memorabilia collection for sale. The collection consists of late-1970s baseball unopened wax and cellos through 1986 (includes 1980s Fleer, Donruss, Leaf, etc.). You are looking at a large number of boxes from each year, mostly Topps (for obvious reasons). The collection also includes rare 1970s-1980s non-sports unopened wax, such as 1971 Partridge Family wax boxes, 1985 series 1-2 WWF Wrestling Canadian and British wax boxes, etc. In addition to the large number of raw unopened boxes, the seller also has many PSA graded single packs, such as 1971 and 1972 Topps Baseball. There is also a small collection of raw racks and cellos with stars on top, to include some football with Jerry Rice and Montana rookies on top.

Aside from the unopened items, the collection includes many PSA graded cards ranging T206s to modern baseball stars. There are another 200000 raw baseball cards, mix of stars, commons, and sets from 1970-1986. Finally, there are large number of raw and PSA authenticated autos, to include Mickey Mantle (5+ items), Michael Jordan (5+ autos), Reggie Jackson, Dale Murphy, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Ken Griffey Jr, Peyton Manning, Bo Jackson, etc. These autos include balls, bats, 8x10s, posters, batting helmets, jerseys, etc.

Likely retail value on ebay would be high 5 figures $$$$$. Seller is asking mid 5 figures $$$$$. I viewed the collection and was impressed. Not the normal junk you find these days. The seller was a prior dealer and autograph promoter. He maintained partnerships with Al Rosen and Murphy during the 1980s and 1990s. He traded in his card shops to open a small computer retail empire. He recently became an empty nester and is downsizing his home. Wife wants the collection to go...he wants to cash in. Pictures of the items are below. These were taken by my cell phone and are not of high quality. I probably only captured 50% of what is there.

I am willing to provide details on the collection in exchange for a finder's fee upon completion of a sale with the seller. Terms are 5% in cash or paypal from the sale price > 5 figures $$$$$ (Example: you pay $20k, I get a $1k finders fee). Alternate for finders fee could be paid in current market value of sports cards/autos/wax from this collection or your personal collection at a rate of 10% of the final sales price for 5 figures $$$$$. If you buy only a part of the collection, such as some vintage wax and pay 4 figures $$$$, I would get a 10% finders fee cash or paypal. Alternate for finders fee could be paid in current market value of sports cards/autos/wax from this collection or your collection at a rate of 15% of the final sales price for 4 figures $$$$.

This is not a scam and I am not wasting your time. I have found 3 different large collections in the last 12 months, most being vintage oriented. I work with members from CU / PSA boards to provide details and was given finders fees in return for my information. For proof of my previous dealings, contact JHS5120 on this board. I found him a large vintage collection that he flipped with large profits earlier this calendar year. He posted some details, but not all....see thread here: http://forums.collectors.com/message...word1=meatloaf

Pictures of the current collection or sale are in this imgur.com album here: http://imgur.com/a/2uZ0v

Logistics Note: Large Uhaul trailer or similar sized uhaul truck will be required at a minimum to move all of this.

Contact me via PM for the details. First come, first serve.

Serious only please...if you don't have at least 5 figures $$$$$ to spend here, you will be ignored. I am not going to push the seller people who are out of this price range.

Meatloaf
Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Jeff P0tter

Just FYI the Jordan autographs that are visible are definitely not good, Xmas rack also is known repackage. Just a heads up to tread with caution on some of the items, which is always going to be the case when purchasing a large collection accumulated over time. It's important to note though when a big chunk of the value may lie in unopened packs that always can be a gamble. Looks like a lot of singles though, and many of which are nicely graded.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
I recently found a large sports memorabilia collection for sale. The collection consists of late-1970s baseball unopened wax and cellos through 1986 (includes 1980s Fleer, Donruss, Leaf, etc.). You are looking at a large number of boxes from each year, mostly Topps (for obvious reasons). The collection also includes rare 1970s-1980s non-sports unopened wax, such as 1971 Partridge Family wax boxes, 1985 series 1-2 WWF Wrestling Canadian and British wax boxes, etc. In addition to the large number of raw unopened boxes, the seller also has many PSA graded single packs, such as 1971 and 1972 Topps Baseball. There is also a small collection of raw racks and cellos with stars on top, to include some football with Jerry Rice and Montana rookies on top.

Aside from the unopened items, the collection includes many PSA graded cards ranging T206s to modern baseball stars. There are another 200000 raw baseball cards, mix of stars, commons, and sets from 1970-1986. Finally, there are large number of raw and PSA authenticated autos, to include Mickey Mantle (5+ items), Michael Jordan (5+ autos), Reggie Jackson, Dale Murphy, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Ken Griffey Jr, Peyton Manning, Bo Jackson, etc. These autos include balls, bats, 8x10s, posters, batting helmets, jerseys, etc.

Likely retail value on ebay would be high 5 figures $$$$$. Seller is asking mid 5 figures $$$$$. I viewed the collection and was impressed. Not the normal junk you find these days. The seller was a prior dealer and autograph promoter. He maintained partnerships with Al Rosen and Murphy during the 1980s and 1990s. He traded in his card shops to open a small computer retail empire. He recently became an empty nester and is downsizing his home. Wife wants the collection to go...he wants to cash in. Pictures of the items are below. These were taken by my cell phone and are not of high quality. I probably only captured 50% of what is there.

I am willing to provide details on the collection in exchange for a finder's fee upon completion of a sale with the seller. Terms are 5% in cash or paypal from the sale price > 5 figures $$$$$ (Example: you pay $20k, I get a $1k finders fee). Alternate for finders fee could be paid in current market value of sports cards/autos/wax from this collection or your personal collection at a rate of 10% of the final sales price for 5 figures $$$$$. If you buy only a part of the collection, such as some vintage wax and pay 4 figures $$$$, I would get a 10% finders fee cash or paypal. Alternate for finders fee could be paid in current market value of sports cards/autos/wax from this collection or your collection at a rate of 15% of the final sales price for 4 figures $$$$.

This is not a scam and I am not wasting your time. I have found 3 different large collections in the last 12 months, most being vintage oriented. I work with members from CU / PSA boards to provide details and was given finders fees in return for my information. For proof of my previous dealings, contact JHS5120 on this board. I found him a large vintage collection that he flipped with large profits earlier this calendar year. He posted some details, but not all....see thread here: http://forums.collectors.com/message...word1=meatloaf

Pictures of the current collection or sale are in this imgur.com album here: http://imgur.com/a/2uZ0v

Logistics Note: Large Uhaul trailer or similar sized uhaul truck will be required at a minimum to move all of this.

Contact me via PM for the details. First come, first serve.

Serious only please...if you don't have at least 5 figures $$$$$ to spend here, you will be ignored. I am not going to push the seller people who are out of this price range.

Meatloaf
Why not become a consignment rep with an auction house rather than go through all of this trouble? You'll make more money, your consignor will make more money and more bidders will be in the ballgame. No need for silly "if you don't have five figures" lines.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
Why not become a consignment rep with an auction house rather than go through all of this trouble? You'll make more money, your consignor will make more money and more bidders will be in the ballgame. No need for silly "if you don't have five figures" lines.
Noted, ty