NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Anybody else know what this is and think it was a steal?

Posted By: Dave F

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250160149224

Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Memo to Steve Rice: Don't put your full name in your question if you're going to make unfair offers to end an auction early.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

When I see something good on ebay and I want to bid on it, I now email the seller and insist he not sell it, and explain that any offer he gets is just from someone who wants to steal it. I go out of my way to make sure auctions are not closed down (but you can only catch a tiny fraction of them).

And to answer the original question, $600 seems reasonable for this photo. It might be worth a little more, but everyone got in their fair bid.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron M.

Good catch, Dan! Steve is busted!

Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I think it was Zack's evil twin

Jay

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingbaseballgolf33

I was looking at this auction and thought it would go for 500.00-600.00 - did you see the other that went for 700.00 that one showed two early hand gloves -some great items on eBay right know

great piece

Jimmy

Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

It is the same photo used on Scrappy Carroll's N172 card. I don't know what his N173 looks like, or if he has one, but I would imagine that this cabinet would look very similar to an Old Judge mount N173 as well.

My snipe of 400 didn't even register

Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Administrator

It was the same card that was in a REA auction last year...would there be more than one if it was a proof card? Or might REA's description about the Carroll card have been wrong?

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2006/108.html

Old 09-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

That is a great marketing term for anything that does not fall into the mainstream. These are not proofs in any form of the word. 1st generation photo or original print would better describe the photo itself

These are the photos that were taken by the local photographers of each team and then forwarded for use by Goodwin for the N172's & N173's as we know them. Most certainly the photographers also made and sold these locally on their mounts as well, for the members of the local community. While they are scarce, they do not bring as much as their N173 counterparts.

Scott

Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Good to know Scott thanks. It would be nice if you didn't have to worry about the info the auction houses throw out there...seems like they are right 50% of the time...thats not a hit on REA..I'm talking auction houses on a whole.