NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: leon

Hey folks
Obviously this morning Net54 had some down time. I apologize for the inconvenience and please know there is nothing I, nor any moderator, can do about it. It's not like I didn't pay the electric bill . We have discussed changing web hosting companies before but then we would lose about 6 yrs of valuable info stored in the system. I wish there would be some way of knowing when these things are going to happen but there isn't.... Thanks again for your patience.....

Old 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: Paul

Strange how weird it feels not being able to visit during the outage. What a hobby!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Leon, you'll be hearing from my lawyer. He's a shark so beware.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

At least that meant there was a window where Mr. Chao couldn't post.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: shane leonard

It was probably from Peter Chow and his multiple posts.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: MVSNYC

Leon- you'll be hearing from Jeff Lichtman on my behalf...

Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Gee, it seemed like everyone else was banned. So peaceful ....

Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: Ken Wirt

Hey Leon,
Wonder if the problem had anything to do with Daylight Savings Time not ending yet. Yesterday morning was the traditional switchover day (at 2:00 A.M.). But this year, DST has been extended one week. This last Spring, everyone switched one week earlier than usual. Many clocks that have the time change preprogrammed into them were all wrong for a week, and you can expect that to be the case now. Probably screwing plenty of things up at a lot of peoples' jobs this morning as we speak. Perhaps this caused some failure with the network server? Just a theory. BTW, this was all prompted in an attempt to conserve energy because of the high fuel prices. I actually heard that one of the biggest lobbies for the extension into November was the candy industry. With one extra hour of daylight on Halloween, the kids can trick-or-treat that much longer, and we all will need to buy that much more candy for them!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Default Net54 outage

Posted By: leon

Michael- I have heard from Jeff L.....He sent me a Cease and Desist Letter from you and I am consulting him to see if I should sign it....He is playing both of us for billable hours.....that rat!!!

Gil- I have thought about banning everyone except Brian and I.....and maybe you....then we can have coffee talk amongst ourselves...It might get kind of lonely though....

Ken- here is the only thing I got from Net54 after I just went and looked, it was posted right after the site came back up:

"Hello All,

Some of you might have experienced some downtime this morning. Tech was working on an issue--now fixed.

Sincerely,

N54 Customer Support"

I don't think it was related to Daylight Savings Time but I guess it could have been....
regards