NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Default Saying goodbye to the hobby and thanks

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Hi all,

Due to a significant personal matter which will require my full attention in the coming months, I've decided to take a permenant vacation from collecting and I will also be breaking up the remainder of my collection.

I consider myself to be very fortunate to have been involved in such a fun and rewarding hobby and to meet and correspond with so many great people. I've been coming to this forum for about 2 years or so and it's never been a disappointment. All the experienced collectors on this forum have been very gracious with their time and knowledge. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to get to know all of you and be more involved in the hobby. I wish all of you the best of luck and happy collecting.

Thanks,
Adam

* I'd like to extend a special THANK YOU to the moderators of this board, both past and present,for keeping this place going through thick and thin.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach

We all have our own reasons and theres no need to announce yours. I just wanted to say...though not talking much with you...you have contributed much to this board and it has been a treat hearing from you.

P.S. You say you are breaking up your collection...just my opinion but you have a good collection of Zeenuts and I would save your favorite one. Whether you choice by your first or favorite pose etc. it will give you something to look back on in the future.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Adam, don't ever think you are gone from the hobby forever. When I left in 1991, I thought I done for good. I was burnt out on the hobby and had other pressing things to deal with then a collection. I can realate to that. When you sell off your cards, keep the ones that mean the most to you. You never know when the day will come when you will have the chance or inclination to return, and having nothing left from original collection is no fun. Even if it's only one card. Keep it as a reminder of the great memories you have with the hobby.

Best of luck and I hope to see you again some day.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Good luck Adam. I hope everything turns out favorably. You will be missed by us all. Thank you for the time, insight and more you have shared with us.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

You have been a nice part of our community and I wish you the very best luck in taking care or your affairs. You might seriously consider saving your absolute fave cards, as Jay suggested. Take care and hope to see you come back at a later time when everything is worked out....best regards

Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Moraine

Adam Baxter,

Thank-you, for contributing to this great forum. I wish you the very best of luck in your future endeavors. NEVER give up your passion for the hobby, and sport that we all love... BASEBALL!

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Keep a few items that you would miss and have a tough time replacing. With one exception, I kept all the cards that friends on the board gave me - a Sisler from Lee, some errors from Charlie, etc. Those kind of items will always remind you of pleasant times in the hobby.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shannon

Hi Adam, Just wanted to say thank you for all your contributions you have made to the forum and good luck in the future. It was a pleasure dealing with you in the past always honest and fair. I agree with the others in keeping aleast one of your cards as a reminder of the good times you have had with the hobby. Best of wishes Shannon

Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Adam...real sorry to see you go. I do hope everything works out in the end and you are able to return to the hobby. You will be missed. Please let me(us) know if there is anything we can do. Take care, be well, and good luck.

Joshua

Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

best wishes adam, your contribution to this forun will be missed.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Chances are, I'll be joinging you in an uncarded state soon.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

Everytime I try to get out they pull me back in - LOL

Seriously though Adam, I have enjoyed your good posts and it is hoped that everything works out well for you on the personal matter.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

All my best. While many of us have a love for that musty cardboard smell, there are other things more important in life. Keep yourself happy and enjoy the little things that we take for granted. You can always come back to the cards at some point.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

adam, it has been nice chatting with you over that past months...if you ever find some spare time, you know where to find us...take care!
pete-

Old 07-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Adam.
Thanks for your contributions to this board and for your love of vintage cards.
Good Luck to you.

robert a.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

We'll miss you, Adam.
I for one must salute your depth of insight into yourself as you
wisely give full attention to what you know is personally significant.
You represent us with integrity whether you have the cards in hand or not.

all the best

Barry Arnold

Old 07-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the e-mails, posts, advice and most importantly for your kind words. I apologize to all those who haven't yet received a reply from me, I'll try to get back to everyone ASAP.

I'm pleased to announce The collection has been sold to another board member who's intention is to try and keep the group intact. It's a better scenario that I could have hoped for. Thanks to all those inquiried.

Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to take another shot at the hobby. Until then I wish everyone well and happy collecting.

Thanks,
Adam