NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default T-205, T-206, T-206 Plank, etc.

I don't participate on the card side of the board, but I am a little surprised to not see any chatter about this collection selling at pretty much true auction. I can't imagine there are too many Plank's that come out of left field like this.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catal...ll-cards/page1

Most cards look to be good to me. I will go back to the memorabilia side of the board now. Jason
Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Christopher Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
...I am a little surprised to not see any chatter about this...
I'm not sure what goes on over at the Memorabilia Section but it's not considered good etiquette to some to "out" ongoing auctions over here.

Christopher Herman

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It's not against the rules to out live auctions but personally, along with most members, I wish they weren't. It is against the rules to post this kind of thread on the main board and it's been moved to the correct BST section. Front page auction threads are generally reserved for advertisers. It's been a longstanding rule...thanks a lot

Last edited by Leon; 10-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

WTF are you guys talking about???? I try to pass along a link to help you card guys out that is publicly posted and emailed out through SCD and I get roasted. Oh no, I think this auction was going to just go under the radar. Daily you guys post about receiving your catalogs and what you are going to bid on. Make up your mind.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Bruce C@rter

The difference is the amount of money paid to Leon for putting it out there. Not really fair to the auction houses that pay to be on here if all the freebees get posted the same way.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
WTF are you guys talking about???? I try to pass along a link to help you card guys out that is publicly posted and emailed out through SCD and I get roasted. Oh no, I think this auction was going to just go under the radar. Daily you guys post about receiving your catalogs and what you are going to bid on. Make up your mind.
As Bruce said, I have to be cognizant of the advertisers. It's not personal. Same rules for everyone....thanks

Last edited by Leon; 10-02-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

The advertisers are not the issue, the issue is Chris is mad because he thinks he was going to get Ty Cobb for Ty Wiggington prices. This is not a one mismarked card on eBay, it's a nationally advertised auction for some old timers collection. I simply put it out there for everyone's benefit as it looks like some nice clean stuff. I have no ties to the old timer or the auction company. Boo hoo Chris. I hope the underbidder spot suits you.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Christopher Herman

Jason,

Please do not misconstrue the following as me taking your bait. I'd just like to clarify a few things for you. Hopefully I can. I'll go slow.

Unfortunately, you mistook my answer to your original post as some sort of hostile rant or temper tantrum, of which it was neither - not in tone nor in content.

Perhaps it isn't addressed in the Memorabilia area but "outing" auctions has been discussed at significant length here and the general consensus seems to be "against", as Leon noted as well. I was just responding to your "surprise" which was the point of your original post, if I'm not mistaken.

And for the record, I've yet to state my personal opinion on the matter, as I was simply pointing out that "some" consider it poor etiquette.

Being so angry with such poor reading comprehension is a volatile cocktail.

Christopher Herman.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Maybe you should go slower for us memorabilia guys Chris. I don't get the "surprise" comment. Maybe you can explain my motive to me so I can better understand.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Christopher Herman

Quote:
...but I am a little surprised to not see any chatter about this collection...
I assumed your "motive" was to get a response as to why this auction hadn't been discussed on the main board.

Once again, it's because it's not accepted practice to "out" live auctions on the main board.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards

Last edited by christopher.herman; 10-03-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

You've yet to state your personal opinion on the matter, but I think it is pretty obvious. High brow vintage collector would like to let all the little uninformed people know that they've done wrong. Please go back to memorabilia side so we can get on with our "monster" talk. So be it.