NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default Fantasy Football Trade Advise - Travis Kelce for Justin Watson / Zach Ertz

Nope not baseball related, but well, this IS the watercooler after all.

So I'm commissioner of my Fantasy Football league and for the first time ever (nearly 20 years), we have a contested trade. Since you are all all impartial, would you mind weighing in on this trade for me to just determine whether or not it's fair?

Travis Kelce

For

Justin Watson and Zach Ertz

I have a feeling what the answer will be but I need some impartial takes for my final decision.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by shammus; 09-19-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:20 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Nope not baseball related, but well, this IS the watercooler after all.

So I'm commissioner of my Fantasy Football league and for the first time ever (nearly 20 years), we have a contested trade. Since you are all all impartial, would you mind weighing in on this trade for me to just determine whether or not it's fair?

Travis Kelce

For

Justin Watson and Zach Ertz

I have a feeling what the answer will be but I need some impartial takes for my final decision.

Thanks in advance!!
Justin Watson???

I had to look him up. There should be a hundred guys on the waiver wire right now, more promising than him. Ertz used to be really good, but trading him for Kelce seems pretty dumb if you own Kelce unless there’s a piece of information I’m not privy to at the moment.

Last edited by shammus; 09-19-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Dave

Kelce might be the most valuable player in fantasy football. There's no other TE in the league who can replicate his numbers.

It's like being able to slot a Top 5 Wide Reciever into the TE spot every week.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:21 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the input! I think all the reasons you listed are pretty much why others in the league are objecting to this swap anyways.

Any other thoughts from you all? If you don't want to type anything lengthy, that's no problem....even a simple "yes" or "no" helps

Last edited by shammus; 09-19-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:13 PM
Bob Andrews

Commish of my league for 43 years. That’s a lousy trade. In fact it’s a horrible trade.

But my philosophy has always been that you can’t legislate against stupidity. Unless you are sure it’s collusion I’d let it go thru.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:49 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Agreed....a 1st round pick for a Free Agent and an 7th round pick...no go....

Last edited by isiahfan; 09-19-2022 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:27 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Commish of my league for 43 years. That’s a lousy trade. In fact it’s a horrible trade.

But my philosophy has always been that you can’t legislate against stupidity. Unless you are sure it’s collusion I’d let it go thru.
+1 agreed

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-20-2022, 08:53 AM
Adam

Unless you suspect collusion, I don't think you should block any trade. Back when I played FF, there was an overzealous commish who blocked a trade, and it was very divisive among the members, really killed the vibe and pitted guys against each other. Whatever you decide, just be transparent with the members about your decision.

And I'll also say that you never know what'll happen in the NFL. Sometimes a trade may look lopsided and it'll end up turning out the opposite of what you thought. Everyone is one play away from an injury. And the guys making the trade are each doing what they think will make their team better. As long as there's no collusion, it really shouldn't matter what you or anyone else thinks about the "fairness" of the deal.

All just my opinion though. Obviously this is a divisive issue in FF.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:34 AM
Dave

Trading a TE for a TE (the other player is just a useless throw-in to open a roster space for the other team).

Ertz might have a break-out season in the Cardinals offense, but it just doesn't make sense on any level.

Kelce is now Mahomes #1 target, after Tyreek Hill left the team.

Not sure there's another player in the league I'd trade straight up for Kelce, unless you're really desperate at one of the other positions and you already have somebody like an Ertz, George Kittle on your team, to at least make up some of that production.

Maybe Mark Andrews, if you don't think his breakout season last year was an anomaly....and he IS younger then Kelce, if you're in a dynasty league.

It's either collusion, or one of those managers has some sort of real emotional attachment to Ertz.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:51 AM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
It's like being able to slot a Top 5 Wide Reciever into the TE spot every week.
I've done fantasy through Yahoo for the past 5 years and I love when a player pops up that you're able to slot into multiple positions. Had James Conner back in 2018 when he racked up 13 touchdowns and over 1,400 yards. His position assignment was both RB and TE. With him in at TE and also having the flex slot, I was able to have four RBs going all season.

I always have bad luck with WRs but was able to slot Cordarrelle Patterson in as a WR last year even though he was also listed as a RB. Got me 1,100+ total yards and 11 TDs.