NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default delivery confirmation is great, provided the item makes it into the mail

Posted By: warshawlaw

I recently sent an E90-1 to a seller for a refund. I used certified mail with return receipt and put the package into our postman's hands. It never made it into the USPS system. The seller claims he never got it, the USPS has no record of it. Our postman is a long-time deliverer and a really nice guy who's handled hundreds of packages for me, so I really don't think he lost it. I think the USPS fumbled.

Confirmations and tracking capabilities are great stuff as long as the package actually makes it into the registry. As one of my friends once observed, the best systems in the world are no match for a minimum wage clerk not doing his job.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default delivery confirmation is great, provided the item makes it into the mail

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

I'm interested in knowing why I come home to find packages on my front doorstep about once a week that have delivery confirmation stickers on them. I thought they had to be signed for?

Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Delivery confirmation only requires the postman scan the package confirming it was delivered.

Packages only need to be signed for if "signatured required", registered, $50+ insured etc...is purchased.

I'm really happy about a Delivery Confirmation and $250 insured card I sent off on Sept 20th still not being delivered. At least it is in the system "accepted".

Brian E.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

The September 20th package that I shipped finally arrived. I take back my USPS bashing comment for now...

Brian E.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

But if you are a seller, be careful. Even with a delivery confirmation showing you sent the package and it was received by the buyer's post office, if the buyer says he never received it, you are S.O.L. (old army term)if the buyer paid with paypal because they will refund the money and debit your account or bank account.
True story.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

What ever happened to the day when all a buyer needed was a DC and paypal didn't care if sent a blank piece of paper, just so long as you sent something? I remember that used to be a big scam on paypal. Now it's gone the other way and buyers have figured out that paypal will blindly refund your money. All you have to do is NOT get insurance and then claim you never got the item. You get the item and your money back.

I've come to the opinion that all buyers will now have to be required to purchase insurance, even if what they win is only $5. I'm tired of the scam artists. Sadly, it's a few jerks like these that make it miserable for everyone else.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.