NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Jake

Default Nodgrass: Is this legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400434030469...84.m1438.l2649

He keeps on saying PSA will not grade it, so I asked him if he would guarentee authenticity if I sent it to SGC. He said he would not.

I was under the impression that on the Nodgrass variation there is a little bit of the S remaining, where on this one it looks like it has been completely removed.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

i got into a verbal jerk with him.

its definitely not. he keeps saying the same thing. he is basically saying the same thing over and over again because he can't say it any other way without admitting he knows he is selling an altered card.

its similiar to the mcdonalds gameboard game piece scam. where they clip the game board piece from the game board. its not really the game piece. its the piece from the gameboard. you have to be very careful of the wording. he is claiming it won't grade because of one reason when in reality he is already aware that it won't grade, but the reason is 100 percent completely different....

Dear buyoldercards,

hi,its tough for me to tell. is there still a remenant of the S in the name
or is it completely missing?can you give more details on PSA? i find it hard
to believe that they will not warrant a card as altered if the card has been modified.
do you warrant that its unaltered if sent to another grading company such as SGC?kevin

Hi:
Please let me try explaining this ONE MORE TIME. PSA stopped grading these cards, NODGRASS, about two years ago at least.
If you try sending one in they will return it and give you a credit for a free grade on another card.
DO NOT BID ON THIS CARD IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT GRADED!!
The card can be found without the S as well as with only a portion of the right side of the S present.
Bid on this card as a "spot" filler in your collection until you can pick up an
older graded copy if you need a graded card. This card does not come up for sale very often.

hi,

listen. im not trying to yell or argue with you about this. im simply trying to get more information...and im being quite nice in my email i think....so please calm down.

they have always told me that they recognize anything in the standard catalogue and what you are telling me is contradictory to that. im just trying to understand where you got that information from and how you got it.

additionally.you didn't really address what i asked you at all. maybe you only got half way through my questions before you decided to respond. im not really sure:

i specifically am asking:
if i plan to send this card in...will it be returned altered or with a numeric grade. do you stand behind the fact that the card is unaltered like you emphatically stand behind your other cards?

kevin

Hi Kevin:
My capital letters are not me yelling at you and I am quite calm as I reply to this email.
Since I posted your email for everyone to see I wanted to make sure bidders understand the" WILL NOT GRADE" part.
I have made it perfectly clear in the auction and in my responses that this card will not get slabbed/graded.
I know this from past experience with PSA. The bottom line is you are only interested in this card if it will grade.
My auction states it will not. I am informing you for the second time that it will not grade.
Therefore, you should no longer have any interest in this card.
Robert

hi,
i only have three questions:
question 1: is the card a reprint? yes, no or you are not surequestion
2: is the card altered? yes, no or you are not sure.
question 3: is the card trimmed? does it measure the proper height and width for other t206's
side note: you edited/clipped part of my email and then only answered part of it.
kevin

The card is original/authentic/NOT A REPRINT. #2 - Since the card will not grade you must treat it as altered. #3 - The card is the correct size dimensionally. It has not been trimmed.

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 03-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

Strange,
A 0 feedback bidder??
Old 03-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Sean Costello

Kevin, this guy sounds like Bill Clinton answering questions about Monica Lewinsky. "You must treat it as altered" is as close as you will get to him acknowledging that it is altered, and that he is aware of the alteration.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

lmao, treat it as altered, like if someone erased the N
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Jake

Since he says to treat the item as altered can he be reported?

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Jake...

all nody's have part of the "s" ....you are absolutely right....buyer beware
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Opinions on this other T206 he is selling?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Clancy-...item5d3bba201d
Old 03-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Personally the Nodgrass variation means zero to me. Interesting, but no big deal. No interest in obtaining one.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Jason Stricker

The bids are now approaching $200 and there appears to be shilling.... The joys of eBay.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Rich
R1ch Sm1th

Something just doesn't smell right with that card. Look, description, questions answered, all of the above. I think the best advice would be just to stay away?

Rich
Old 03-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

the zero feed back person is way shady....

eh. may just bid on it...then return it. no harm in that right. thats what credit cards are for.

don't think there are any rules against bidding on something you don't really want right?

i mean. if i don't....then someone else will get scammed.

besides. then i can put it under the loupe like he suggests.

kevin
Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

"Nodgrass: Is this legit?"

No.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Jim R

that Nodgrass is no good. The seller trying to sell that card should tell you enough to not buy anything at all from them.

hopefully you can see the partial S in this pic. All legit Nodgrass should have a partial S visable.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Jim R

this is the card I bought from ebay somewhere around 2002 or 2003 in the PSA holder. I gave it to SGC in the original PSA holder

Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Default insanity

insanity. closed above 400. i decided not to waste anyones time.

i really feel bad for whoever actually bought this.

if they don't mind the headache....then i guess so. he has a return policy on it.

4 hondo.....that is insane.

kevin
Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Jason Stricker

How soon do we see it relisted with a BIN of $4k without any mention of it being altered?