NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-28-2022, 01:59 PM
Scott Smith

Default Question for those who submit tickets for grading

I am super stoked to pick up this full ticket to "Yaz" Day, when the Sox celebrated Yaz's career, the day before his last game.

As you'll see, the top has "extra" paper, likely from the ticket that was perforated from this one.

If you were submitting this for grading would you leave this "as is" or carefully separate at the perforation?

Also, does the extra paper hurt, help or have no impact on the grade?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220428_154944.jpg (200.3 KB, 245 views)
Old 04-28-2022, 03:18 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Leave it as it is. Why risk damaging the ticket by trying to remove that piece?

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-28-2022, 08:37 PM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Leave it as it is. Why risk damaging the ticket by trying to remove that piece?
Thanks, I'm not inclined to try to make the perforation clean but was wondering how it would be viewed by the authenticators/graders.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:58 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I cannot answer that as I would not get a ticket 'tombed'. I do not believe it detracts from the ticket as that is one less perforation that they could view critically.

I was at that game and photographed it from a few rows up just past the Sox dugout. I am going to a paper show over the weekend. When I get back I will try to scan a slide or two.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-30-2022, 03:43 PM

I would leave it alone.
Michael - Tell how the the paper show went ? It is still totally different dealers on Sunday than Saturday ? See any sports memorabilia ?
Old 04-30-2022, 07:22 PM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I would leave it alone.
I am always inclined to leave things "as is" but still wonder if anyone has specific experience as to how graders view this situation.

Thanks!!
Old 05-01-2022, 02:52 PM
Jimmy

Please leave it and send it, they can be hard to remove with that extra paper - PSA should not look at that like an off-centered card - if anything it should be better for the ticket

Good Luck!
Old 05-01-2022, 09:15 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I would leave it alone.
Michael - Tell how the the paper show went ? It is still totally different dealers on Sunday than Saturday ? See any sports memorabilia ?
Alan,

Same dealers both days, just like any other type of show I have ever attended. You are renting the booth for the weekend, not one day. Lots of sports memorabilia. I saw 2 brothers (50's/60's) who set up at Chantilly. There were quite a few not just paper dealers who had bats, older endorsed gloves, cards, programs, games and lots of pennants. One table was filled with sports pennants another had a decent stack of the 2-3" pennants from the 1950's-1960's. There were quite a few of those late 19th early 20th century college 'silks'. I am not sure what they are called. Some were the size of a card and others were larger. If you like photography I saw probably 50-60 mounted photos of high school baseball, basketball and football teams. I noticed a few sports trophy/figurals and signs that Carlton would have liked. There were also thousands (not exaggerating) of snapshots. Some dealers just threw them in boxes while others sorted by subject. I did see this nice posed snapshot of Eddie Collins in street clothes with probably his wife for about $2. If I collected baseball I would have bought it.

It was well worth the trip. It took about 3½ hours from Northern VA going via Frederick, MD and Harrisburg, PA. Bing recommended through Baltimore, Delaware and Penn Turnpike extension. No way I would do that on a Friday morning/afternoon. Stayed overnight. The show opened at 9 am. I got there at 8:20 and the line was only about 20 people. It grew to 100+ by the time they opened. It was 2-3 times the size of Chantilly and it took me from opening to 4:30 to get to every booth and that included just scanning some booths so I could get to them all. It was worth the trip and I will try to go again October 1-2. I picked up 13 Olympic RPPC's - one from 1924, 1 from 1936 and 11 from 1932 along with a 1970's Red Auerbach signature on the roster sheet from a Mt. St. Mary's / Cheyney State basketball game. Not terribly valuable but I liked it for $20. The show is at the Allentown Fairgrounds which is right in town next to Muhlenberg College. There is also another building about 3 blocks long that is a farmer's market that was quite crowded.

Here are a couple of photos from Yaz Day. I got the group photo enlarged to 16x20 and signed by every member of the team except Doug Bird who was in the bullpen warming up and not in the photo. A lot of players asked for copies. I was able to trade for equipment - bats, hats and batting gloves. The other photo is in a glass mount so it is not as clear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YAZ-2.jpg (20.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg YAZ-1.jpg (41.2 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by Michael B; 05-01-2022 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:52 PM
Scott Smith

Thanks for sharing those photos and story(ies) Michael.

I was watching that game as a late teenager and it was one of the very few times I shed a tear over a sporting event. Watching Yaz run the perimeter of Fenway slapping hands with fans was pretty special to see.

I recently picked up a program and the poster from that weekend and that is what sent me on the hunt for a ticket. I was surprised to find a full one at that. I have no way that I am aware of to determine if the program is for 10/1/83 (Yaz Day) or from his final game the next day 10/2/83 as I think the same program was issued both days.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:53 PM
Carl0s Ay.ala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemule View Post
I am always inclined to leave things "as is" but still wonder if anyone has specific experience as to how graders view this situation.

Thanks!!
+1
Old 05-06-2022, 07:57 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Here is one that is slabbed with extra attached, they could have taken that off, and maybe should have for looks, but doesn't look like it mattered to PSA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14454140347...IAAOSwWrdidRaE

So I'd say choice is yours, they'll probably grade it the same with or without the extra.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:37 AM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Here is one that is slabbed with extra attached, they could have taken that off, and maybe should have for looks, but doesn't look like it mattered to PSA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14454140347...IAAOSwWrdidRaE

So I'd say choice is yours, they'll probably grade it the same with or without the extra.
Thanks- that stub brings back memories! Wow.....!