NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Mac Wubben

Default Why don't we identify all the t202 center panel players?

So nobody has tried to do this in 100 years? Why not now?

Mac
Old 05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Tim

Mac-

Respectfully I don't think there would be nearly the interest or amount of effort put into the other photos that there was with the "Lord Catches His Man." That thread and collective effort by the board was something special. I'm not trying to discourage you and in fact encourage you to find what you can.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcmac View Post
So nobody has tried to do this in 100 years? Why not now?

Mac

Well, 560+ replies times 132 cards in the set...

Yikes!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:49 AM

That would be an amazing project. It would take at least one person to really organize and list the center panels as they were discovered. It could be done but I think it would take a very long time with interest waxng and waning over time. However if someone was willing to organize and list all the cards I think it would eventually get done.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 AM

WOW, what an ambitious project! I just don't think it could ever be done because I don't think it's possible (unless somebody finds a vintage document or list from Hassan). While on the Shoeless Joe card he may not be smiling right into the camera, at least I got a good enough look at his face and certain features to know it was him from being a huge fan of his and looking at a thousand pictures of him throughout the years. Also, if it weren't for the happenstance of him wearing the white wrap on his right ankle and the one in a million chance that somebody here would find that photo's identical twin brother in a 100 year old newspaper even I would have to admit that you couldn't DEFINITELY guarantee it was him. Other players just aren't as visible on certain cards and in some cases you can't see their faces at all. Some of the other players are guys that fans just don't know as much about like they do Shoeless Joe and some of the pictures are from a few years earlier making them near-impossible to figure out.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

There's only 78 dfiffernt center panels and many identify both players so the task isn't so daunting.

Lee
Old 05-29-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingshoegiverouterguy View Post
There's only 78 dfiffernt center panels and many identify both players so the task isn't so daunting.

Lee
Actually, it's 76.

Last edited by brett; 05-29-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Fred

Sounds like an interesting project. Go for it. As mentioned earlier most of the players in the center panel have been identified already but why not try to figure out ALL of them. I'm sure the results would make for some fun reading.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 AM

I'm probably the most novice vintage collector of us all. However, I'm type A enough, that this project kind of seems fun to organize. If someone else doesn't do it, maybe I'll start up a thread in the coming weeks to organize the long search to identify as many t202s as possible. I'll defer to obcmac first though, since it was his idea for the project.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums