NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2020, 01:56 PM

Default Shipping

What is the best way to send a rather expensive item?
Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM
Bruce Fairchild

I would recommend USPS Registered with insurance.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM

The safest by far is USPS Registered Mail.

I would probably not get the insurance, it won't be needed unless damaged which if properly packaged it won't be damaged(assuming it's a graded card or such). The chance of them losing the package are near nil.

Last edited by sb1; 11-24-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:43 PM
Ryan Phi

I wouldn't even consider Fedex or UPS after my ordeal tracking down my Goldin shipment with Fedex. Goldin was great, Fedex was awful. I did go to one of the warehouses to physically pick up my shipment and while there, the guy told me that they have hired a TON of new people and they are all not following the rules. I would imagine the same is true with UPS.

Remember, UPS and Fedex are the ones responsible for shipping out this vaccine soon. They cannot handle the shipments they have now. So avoid at all cost.

Tickets/Stubs:
Hank Aaron 714 HR
Hank Aaron 715 HR
Gehrig Appreciate Day
Shot Heard Round the World
1975 WS Game 6
1st All Star Game 1933
1986 WS Game 6
1988 WS Game 1
Dents HR 1978
Harvey Haddix May 29, 1959
Babe Ruth Called Shot
1955 WS Game 7
Bartman Game - Cubs
Billy Goat Game - Cubs
Black Cat Game - Cubs
Ray Chapman Hit
Brett Pine Tar Game
Merkles Boner

Last edited by philo98; 11-24-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
The safest by far is USPS Registered Mail.

I would probably not get the insurance, it won't be needed unless damaged which if properly packaged it won't be damaged(assuming it's a graded card or such). The chance of them losing the package are near nil.
If it's something fairly valuable, then I would definitely recommend the insurance for added peace of mind. Although registered mail seems to be very secure, it just takes that one in a million chance of it going wrong (or whatever the odds are) to happen to you on a pricey piece, and you'll wish you had opted for the insurance. Plus, for registered mail, since it is so secure, the added cost of insurance is really very inexpensive compared to what it would cost if added to say usps priority mail.

That said, to each their own, but personally, I would opt for the insurance on a pricey piece...
Old 11-25-2020, 05:04 AM
Lonnie Nagel

USPS Priority Mail - Includes Tracking

Sometimes I insure (up to the amount of my cost - depends on how I feel that day).

Sometimes Sig Confirmation if the recipient wishes (I personally do not ask for Sig Confirmation on my end as I'm never home - so an extra day and trip to PO)

I have never (in 25+ years now) had USPS lose a collectible shipment.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
USPS Priority Mail - Includes Tracking

Sometimes I insure (up to the amount of my cost - depends on how I feel that day).

Sometimes Sig Confirmation if the recipient wishes (I personally do not ask for Sig Confirmation on my end as I'm never home - so an extra day and trip to PO)

I have never (in 25+ years now) had USPS lose a collectible shipment.
I usually agree with Priority being great. Lately it has sucked for me. I have 2 out right now that they are not even updating status anymore.

Registered is great as long as you don't mind it showing up a month after you send it.

Even with what I just posted I would use one of those 2 over UPS or FedSux.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:40 AM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I have used registered mail twice in the past month and it took about a week for each to arrive from Michigan to the west coast. If over 5k I will always use registered mail. Priority mail has worked great for me over the years.