NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default Which # system to use, ACC, SCB, SCD, etc.....?

Posted By: leon

Lyman and I were speaking yesterday and many of our conversations turn to the numbering system(s) of cards. I have already said previously that the majority of the time I use the American Card Catalog, first and foremost. There are 2 notable exceptions though. I do use "N" for nineteenth century tobacco (from the Sports Collectors Bible (SCB) and "WG" for game cards from the SCB also. I think, for the most part, Sports Collectors Digest will use what is ordinarily used, if they say anything at all. The discussion yesterday was over Kalamazoo Bats and Four Base Hits...both listed as N690, however we rarely see the Four Base Hits with that designation. There was another issue we discussed too but since an article is being written about it I am not sure I want to discuss it right now. Any thoughts on the subject? For the record I worship the ground Burdick walked on....He did an amazing job under adverse personal circumstances...best regards

ps... I think I might be the only one that uses Burdick's Y-95 for Scraps...

Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I think everything you listed in your post is used today and is accepted, so maybe I am missing something. People may leave out Y95 on the Scrapps, but it isn't like there is an alternative number for it. Doesn't everybody use the same exact designation for each card? Are there any examples where two different designations are used for one issue?

Old 02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Leon Ive use the Y95 (scrap pictures) in the past for both the Scrapps and the R&S diecuts, I just dont own any right now.

Im always looking through the ACC for the numbers of sets. Couple years ago I ran across a few Cuban Issues I know of that are listed in the N category. Susini is in the ACC as N230-3, and the Diaz cards are N258, and the 1931 Bigott cards are N561.

If it has a ACC# I always use it.

PS. There are actually a few sets that have 2 numbers.

1887 Tobin Lithos (common color ones) are known as H804-21 and H891

1936-7 R314C and R314D are in the ACC as V352

Some Exhibit cards have both PC and W numbers.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

For accuracy sake, both Kalamazoo Bats and Four Base Hits are listed as 690, not N690.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I've always wondered why the share 690; why not have two separate numbers? Old Judges and Gypsy Queens are N172 and N175 respectively, and they are certainly more alike than Kalamazoo Bats and FBH.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RC McKenzie

Just to add..The Forbes and Mitchell American Tobacco Cards book also lists N258-Playing Cards on page 171. WTI REF # L70-18

Lorillard Snuff and 5 cent ante ad backs from 1885. Five cents was probably a steep ante for 1885.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

ACC