NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 11:00 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I'm not a lawyer but I have to wonder if the content of those videos wouldn't open up SCR to law suits that would result in shutting down SCR and then some.

Is there another spin on this that people should know? If someone knows of a rebuttal video, post the link. I don't usually watch this garbage, because I don't have time, but I'd take a few minutes to see a rebuttal.
SCR reads out the letters from lawyers threatening them on their show and posts them on their website. Goldin is threatening them now for reporting on an affidavit filed that makes him look really bad, but these threats never go anywhere because it’s only slander or libel if it’s false. Their response is usually a profane letter back to the attorney telling them to go and do it. These two guys are obnoxious and clickbaity but the information checks out, they have the documentation and carefully state what is known fact and what is not yet certain but has evidence pointing to it. A lot of their stuff just comes from affidavits and other public records and the blowout detectives. People throw a fit, but they keep turning out correct, from PWCC to the Panini Kaboom scandal.

Example: https://www.sportscardradio.com/ken-...ts-card-radio/
Old 12-08-2022, 11:06 AM
octavio ranzola

i could care less about these bullies
Old 12-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Goldin, or SCR?
Old 12-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
SCR reads out the letters from lawyers threatening them on their show and posts them on their website. Goldin is threatening them now for reporting on an affidavit filed that makes him look really bad, but these threats never go anywhere because it’s only slander or libel if it’s false. Their response is usually a profane letter back to the attorney telling them to go and do it. These two guys are obnoxious and clickbaity but the information checks out, they have the documentation and carefully state what is known fact and what is not yet certain but has evidence pointing to it. A lot of their stuff just comes from affidavits and other public records and the blowout detectives. People throw a fit, but they keep turning out correct, from PWCC to the Panini Kaboom scandal.

Example: https://www.sportscardradio.com/ken-...ts-card-radio/
Yeah, their style is painful but they bring the goods.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

The most wanted list and the nicknames are priceless.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:30 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Could or could not?

And which bullies? Those that shill bid and sell altered cards as authentic? Or those who obnoxiously call them out?
Old 12-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Yeah, their style is painful but they bring the goods.
I struggle to make it through an 8 minute video, it’s really geared to the clickbait drama focused young crowd and that’s just not for me. I ain’t their demographic they target. But anyone who’s correctly and factually calling out scammers, from small breakers to big boys like PWCC is doing good. Most of their competition is focused on denying the scandals and frauds instead.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:16 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
I struggle to make it through an 8 minute video, it’s really geared to the clickbait drama focused young crowd and that’s just not for me. I ain’t their demographic they target. But anyone who’s correctly and factually calling out scammers, from small breakers to big boys like PWCC is doing good. Most of their competition is focused on denying the scandals and frauds instead.
Agreed 100 pct
Old 12-08-2022, 02:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I struggle to make it through an 8 minute video, it’s really geared to the clickbait drama focused young crowd and that’s just not for me. I ain’t their demographic they target. But anyone who’s correctly and factually calling out scammers, from small breakers to big boys like PWCC is doing good. Most of THE HOBBY is focused on denying the scandals and frauds instead.
Fixed it for you.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:52 PM
James M.

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole PPP business (and to echo what was said by a previous poster), is the fact that many were using the money for nefarious means. I have zero issues with the businesses that used the money as intended, to keep their small businesses afloat, but using it to buy cards or luxury items should have come with repercussions.

The free money given out by the government was an issue as well. Too many people qualified for the stimulus checks. For frame of reference both of my parents received checks. They're both retired and did more than well enough in their careers to not need this money. Hell I received a stimulus check and I have a decently paying career.

Worst of all is many of the vintage cards whose value was bumped up by the pandemic, and will never come down. To preface what I'm about to say, I'm very happy for everyone, that their collection grew in monetary value, I hold nothing against you. When collecting on a budget, you save a little bit of money to the side for your purchases. A 1952 Mantle in an Authentic or 1 went from a "somewhat realistic possibility in a few years with saving" to "Not a shot in hell until I retire" because the card almost tripled in value. Thankfully, collecting is a journey, but damn can it be disheartening at times.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Fixed it for you.
Ha, very accurate.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:10 PM
Bruce Mattioli

So glad I'm just a life long collector and don't give 2 shits about value in my cards.. That dude in the vid looks like he might have an aneurysm..
Old 12-08-2022, 06:36 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
The thing that bothers me the most about this whole PPP business (and to echo what was said by a previous poster), is the fact that many were using the money for nefarious means. I have zero issues with the businesses that used the money as intended, to keep their small businesses afloat, but using it to buy cards or luxury items should have come with repercussions.

The free money given out by the government was an issue as well. Too many people qualified for the stimulus checks. For frame of reference both of my parents received checks. They're both retired and did more than well enough in their careers to not need this money. Hell I received a stimulus check and I have a decently paying career.

Worst of all is many of the vintage cards whose value was bumped up by the pandemic, and will never come down. To preface what I'm about to say, I'm very happy for everyone, that their collection grew in monetary value, I hold nothing against you. When collecting on a budget, you save a little bit of money to the side for your purchases. A 1952 Mantle in an Authentic or 1 went from a "somewhat realistic possibility in a few years with saving" to "Not a shot in hell until I retire" because the card almost tripled in value. Thankfully, collecting is a journey, but damn can it be disheartening at times.
First of all, the basic dictionary definition of "nefarious" is typically some action or activity that is wicked or criminal. So, are you saying that someone whose business ended up profiting more than expected due to their eligibility for receiving a PPP loan, and then using that additional profit to go out and buy say a '52 Topps Mantle card, was doing something "wicked" or "criminal" as a result?

Secondly, in regards to "free money" given out to many who ended up not necessarily needing it, you also referred to it using the term "stimulus money". In addition to providing support and relief to individuals and businesses in need, I always thought the additional or secondary purpose of these loans and other payments was in fact to get excess money in people's hands so they would end up spending it on things they may not have otherwise, so as to actually be a stimulant to our overall economy and help keep it from tanking in the midst of the pandemic. You actually refer to it as "stimulus money", but then seem to denigrate some of those people and businesses that used and spent it as the government fully intended, to help stimulate and maintain our economy.

The people/businesses that should be chastised, investigated, and prosecuted where applicable, are those that lied about their eligibility for and/or otherwise falsified their applications for PPP loans, or their subsequent requests and filings for PPP loan forgiveness.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:40 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

"Knock, knock, knockin' on libel's door..."

- Bob(ish) Dylan
Old 12-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
"Knock, knock, knockin' on libel's door..."

- Bob(ish) Dylan
It's not libel when they are quoting affidavits. It's not libel when there is a mountain of evidence of trimming. It's not libel when it's true. Which is why nobody actually files these suits much less win.

File suit.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

I get slandered, libeled
I hear words I never heard in the Bible

Old 12-08-2022, 10:19 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
So glad I'm just a life long collector and don't give 2 shits about value in my cards.. That dude in the vid looks like he might have an aneurysm..
Lol now thats funny
Old 12-09-2022, 11:04 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Am I the only one who misses Hauls of Shame? I know he was a scumbag, and his vendetta against Leon was odd and pathetic, but he did point some sh*t out.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:15 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Am I the only one who misses Hauls of Shame? I know he was a scumbag, and his vendetta against Leon was odd and pathetic, but he did point some sh*t out.
In my book, with so much dirt, fraud and theft running rampant, anyone who is factually correct and following a proper evidentiary basis to call out the guilty is doing a good in that action (though they may be wrong for other things, like Nash having committed fraud himself). Hauls of Shame appeared to be factually correct about a ton of frauds of thefts people didn’t want to talk about or acknowledge. I don’t know what Nash is up to now.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:58 AM
Jerry Tate

Default confession

I have a confession to make...I took a PPP loan to pay for my very expensive furry p*rn collection...featuring Jerry Nadler...Jerry
Old 12-09-2022, 12:23 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I have to wonder how many independent contractors, say real estate agents, who applied and received PPP loans used them wisely. If was to buy peanut butter, bread and milk just to survive, then good on them.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:55 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
You're not. Whatever his baggage, Nash pointed out A LOT of stuff that needed exposing.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Believe me, I get it. From anybody else, I couldn't either. No clue how I'm able to tolerate their videos. Maybe it's that they target Ken Goldin.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
You're not. Whatever his baggage, Nash pointed out A LOT of stuff that needed exposing.
He's one of the biggest criminals that has never been held as accountable as he should be. Hopefully, his day will still come, if it hasn't already. Dude has to have some really, really bad karma. IF I recall, he plead the 5th in court over 100 times, as to where a lot of his phony memorabilia came from. His phony memorabilia and his site, were a lot of made up tabloid trash mixed with a tiny bit of truth...kind of like 1+1 = 4 Siding with someone like that, really says something.

As for PPP, one of my best friends took 100k because he said they were just giving it out, all you had to do is apply. He is wealthy and his business did just as well through covid. That was a great program....

Last edited by Leon; 12-09-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:03 PM
Bob C.

While it is a bit tough to sit through the SCR video, I don't think we'll see an actual lawsuit coming from what they're saying about others on it as long as there is at last some factual information or circumstances to back up what they are saying. Threatening a lawsuit is just that, simply a baseless threat, until someone actually files a suit. And even then, that can just be an attempt to make the threat more real. The plaintiff can always drop the suit whenever they like. However, actually going through and filing and going forward with a case and taking it to trial can lead to a plaintiff possibly having to get on a witness stand and be willing to then answer some questions under oath. Somehow, I don't think the owners of any parties that SCR may be calling out would want themselves, or any of their employees, sitting on a witness stand and subject to perjury charges in regard to questions they might then get asked.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

To be aware a lot of fraud and supporting evidence was revealed by someone does not mean one is “siding” with that person or that one even approves of that person. He was a fraudster himself.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:36 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
To be aware a lot of fraud and supporting evidence was revealed by someone does not mean one is “siding” with that person or that one even approves of that person. He was a fraudster himself.
Reminds me of the saying...

"It takes one to know one!"

Full disclosure: Not referring to G1911 being one.

1963 Post complete panel
1964 Sports Heroes stickers
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 12-09-2022, 03:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He's one of the biggest criminals that has never been held as accountable as he should be. Hopefully, his day will still come, if it hasn't already. Dude has to have some really, really bad karma. IF I recall, he plead the 5th in court over 100 times, as to where a lot of his phony memorabilia came from. His phony memorabilia and his site, were a lot of made up tabloid trash mixed with a tiny bit of truth...kind of like 1+1 = 4 Siding with someone like that, really says something.

As for PPP, one of my best friends took 100k because he said they were just giving it out, all you had to do is apply. He is wealthy and his business did just as well through covid. That was a great program....

It seems most criminals in the hobby have not been and will not be held accountable. Not sure Nash is anything special in that regard.

Old 12-09-2022, 04:25 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/pp...ppening-today/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/12...s-zuber-lawler

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...9/69712456007/
Old 12-09-2022, 07:02 PM
Fred

I was totally oblivious to all the crud going on and all the "drama" in the social media platforms. I took about an hour to watch a few videos and see just how animated some of the video commentators can be.

It's almost impossible to figure out where the lies end and the truth begins. One thing is for certain, there's a lot of finger pointing and insults tossed across the platforms.

One thing about the PPP loans is that there could be some truth (more or less, who knows) to the accusations tossed out by SCRadio but for certain, the optics look bad for the SCInvestment guy.

There are so many better things that I can/will do with my time rather than watch the salvos going back and forth.

My main thought is that I can't believe how stupid this is getting and hope all the garbage going on in the hobby doesn't destroy it.

What is going to be really sad/bad is when the knuckleheads start getting physically violent over this and things escalate to the point where someone gets injured or worse.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:10 PM
octavio ranzola

Hi fred smart words all true man
Old 12-09-2022, 07:37 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

What is going to be really sad/bad is when the knuckleheads start getting physically violent over this and things escalate to the point where someone gets injured or worse.
I mean, I would pay good money to watch the PPV of a boxing match between Goldin and one of these two guys, set on his 5 acre golf course.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think this thread has gotten a little personal so lets get back to cards...thanks...